Who said it #4! - Linux

This is a discussion on Who said it #4! - Linux ; Another one... no fair looking it up (and there are some big hints in the quote!): Computing is entering a world dominated by two platforms: Linux and Windows. While being managed under one roof has given Windows some consistency, Linux ...

  1. Who said it #4!

    Another one... no fair looking it up (and there are some big hints in the
    quote!):

    Computing is entering a world dominated by two platforms:
    Linux and Windows. While being managed under one roof has
    given Windows some consistency, Linux offers freedom of
    choice, customization and flexibility without forcing
    customers into vendor lock-in. The Linux Foundation helps in
    the next stage of Linux growth by organizing the diverse
    companies and constituencies of the Linux ecosystem to
    promote, protect, and standardize Linux.

    Whoever it is clearly is thinking along much of the same lines I am ...
    could not be someone who advocates for Linux.

    Could it?

    Hmmm....

    --
    I know how a jam jar feels...
    .... full of jam!

  2. He said / She said

    * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Another one... no fair looking it up ...

    Who the hell are you? Barney?

    http://sounds1.neilrogers.com/sounds/bonr19981/27.mp3

    --
    Sleep is for the weak and sickly.

  3. Re: He said / She said

    "Linonut" stated in post
    sSktk.19071$vX2.15177@bignews6.bellsouth.net on 8/27/08 3:51 PM:

    > * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Another one... no fair looking it up ...

    > Who the hell are you?

    Snit. In any case so far nobody has been willing to guess who these quotes
    that largely agree with me are coming from. For some reason the normal crew
    will not state their beliefs about comments unless they know who they are
    from.

    It is funny... it is proving that they do not *really* disagree with me...
    no matter how much they lie about me over my stating of my views.

    --
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    --Albert Einstein

  4. Re: He said / She said

    The liar Michael Glasser (Snot/Snit/Rekruled) snotted:

    > "Linonut" stated in post
    > sSktk.19071$vX2.15177@bignews6.bellsouth.net on 8/27/08 3:51 PM:
    >
    >> * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Another one... no fair looking it up ...

    >> Who the hell are you?

    > Snit. In any case so far nobody has been willing to guess who these
    > quotes
    > that largely agree with me are coming from. For some reason the normal
    > crew will not state their beliefs about comments unless they know who they
    > are from.
    >
    > It is funny... it is proving that they do not *really* disagree with me...
    > no matter how much they lie about me over my stating of my views.

    Nope, Snot Glasser. It is proving that nobody is willing to engage in
    another round of Snot circus
    --
    Linux is not a desktop OS for people whose VCRs are still
    flashing "12:00". -- Paul Tomblin

  5. Re: He said / She said

    "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    48b5dcf2$0$12955$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 8/27/08 4:02 PM:

    > The liar Michael Glasser (Snot/Snit/Rekruled) snotted:
    >
    >> "Linonut" stated in post
    >> sSktk.19071$vX2.15177@bignews6.bellsouth.net on 8/27/08 3:51 PM:
    >>
    >>> * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Who the hell are you?

    >> Snit. In any case so far nobody has been willing to guess who these
    >> quotes
    >> that largely agree with me are coming from. For some reason the normal
    >> crew will not state their beliefs about comments unless they know who they
    >> are from.
    >>
    >> It is funny... it is proving that they do not *really* disagree with me...
    >> no matter how much they lie about me over my stating of my views.
    >>

    > Nope, Snot Glasser. It is proving that nobody is willing to engage in
    > another round of Snot circus

    LOL! The vast majority of your posts are filled with you spewing lies about
    me... so do not even try to pass off your BS that you and your co-trolls are
    not "willing" to respond to my comments for any reason *other* than you know
    you are - again - simply going to humiliate yourself.

    Your newest BS about looking for the EXIF data of Usenet messages was just
    frickin' hilarious... even more funny than your confusing of *my* IP with
    the IP of my web site and, later, my email host.

    The more you try to sound like you know what you are talk about the more you
    show how miserable your technical knowledge is. Seriously - I had been
    giving you the benefit of the doubt that as rude, angry, and self-loathing
    as you clearly are you *also* might have some technical knowledge. You
    *clearly* do not... or if you do only in very specialized areas.

    --
    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  6. Re: He said / She said

    * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "Linonut" stated in post
    >>
    >> Who the hell are you?

    > Snit. In any case so far nobody has been willing to guess who these quotes
    > that largely agree with me are coming from. For some reason the normal crew
    > will not state their beliefs about comments unless they know who they are
    > from.
    >
    > It is funny... it is proving that they do not *really* disagree with me...
    > no matter how much they lie about me over my stating of my views.

    It is proving /nothing/. Don't act like a moron.

    --
    One Bell System - it used to work before they installed the Dimension!

  7. Re: He said / She said

    Linonut wrote:

    > * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> "Linonut" stated in post
    >>>
    >>> Who the hell are you?

    >> Snit. In any case so far nobody has been willing to guess who these
    >> quotes
    >> that largely agree with me are coming from. For some reason the normal
    >> crew will not state their beliefs about comments unless they know who
    >> they are from.
    >>
    >> It is funny... it is proving that they do not *really* disagree with
    >> me... no matter how much they lie about me over my stating of my views.

    > It is proving /nothing/.

    Right. Only a Michael Glasser would be dishonest enough to claim so

    > Don't act like a moron.

    Why did you include "act"? There is no "acting"
    --
    Proposed Addition to the PDP-11 Instruction Set:

    BBW Branch Both Ways

  8. Re: He said / She said

    "Linonut" stated in post
    Qewtk.15834$bx1.6001@bignews1.bellsouth.net on 8/28/08 4:50 AM:

    > * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> "Linonut" stated in post
    >>>
    >>> Who the hell are you?

    >> Snit. In any case so far nobody has been willing to guess who these quotes
    >> that largely agree with me are coming from. For some reason the normal crew
    >> will not state their beliefs about comments unless they know who they are
    >> from.
    >>
    >> It is funny... it is proving that they do not *really* disagree with me...
    >> no matter how much they lie about me over my stating of my views.

    > It is proving /nothing/. Don't act like a moron.

    Sure it does... look at all the morons who follow me around whining and
    crying simply because I have pointed out that desktop Linux has some flaws
    (as well as some strengths). They whine... they cry... they lie about me...
    they target my personal and professional life... they accuse me of calling
    them on the phone... they just freak out and spew *massive* amounts of BS
    into a public forum - just because I have noted GUI weaknesses of desktop
    Linux.

    No other reason.

    And now, when I give them a *perfect* chance to show off their knowledge and
    to show why Jim Zemlin is so wrong (since he has roughly similar ideas as I
    do - though focused on developers more than users).

    But they do not.

    They love to claim I am wrong and just showing how much I want Linux to be
    like OS X or how much I never use it or whatever... but they will not say
    the same thing about the other sources I have documented that show at least
    basic agreement with me:

    Snit RonB
    Hadron Rick
    Tim Smith Gregory Shearman
    KDE docs Peter Köhlmann
    Gnome docs JEDIDIAH
    OpenOffice docs El Tux
    Firefox docs vs. chrisv
    Screen shots 7
    Videos Linonut
    Tim Berners-Lee William Poaster
    Peer Reviewed Studies [1]
    Shuttleworth, Mark
    UI Experts [2]
    Common sense
    Bloggers
    Jim Zemlin

    [1] Including, but not limited to the ones referenced here:
    Carole A George, "Usability testing and design of a
    library website: an iterative approach" 2005
    Cheul Rhee,* et. al.,*"Web interface consistency in
    e-learning.*Online Information Review" Social
    Science Module*database" 2006
    John W Satzinger,* Lorne Olfman "User Interface Consistency
    Across End-User Applications: The Effects on Mental
    Models" 1998
    R. Chimera, ³The Carm Group: Designing GUIs for
    Usability² 1996.
    R. Chimera and B. Shneiderman, ³User Interface Consistency:
    An Evaluation of Original and Revised Versions for a
    Videodisk Library² 1993

    [2] Including, but not limited to:
    Richard Chimera of the Human-Computer Interaction
    Laboratory at the University of Maryland and ASU, etc.

    Jakob Nielsen:

    Rick Oppedisano, published in Usabilities Professionals Association
    http://snipurl.com/oppedisano

    Henry P. Ledgard in The Case Against User Interface Consistency

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_User_Access

    --
    You really have to give credit to Apple for driving innovation.