Sun and IBM supporting Microsoft in virtualization!? - Linux

This is a discussion on Sun and IBM supporting Microsoft in virtualization!? - Linux ; I just received an email, titled Free Microsoft Virtualization Event Plus Evening Party: Sign Up Now promoting a free summit on "Microsoft Virtualization Products and Practices". It says that what's in it for me is: * Technical Training by Microsoft ...

  1. Sun and IBM supporting Microsoft in virtualization!?

    I just received an email, titled

    Free Microsoft Virtualization Event Plus Evening Party: Sign Up Now

    promoting a free summit on "Microsoft Virtualization Products and
    Practices". It says that what's in it for me is:

    * Technical Training by Microsoft Virtualization Experts
    * Cutting-Edge Break-Out Sessions (I have no idea what that means)
    * Previews of Future Technologies
    * Be the First to Try Hot Products
    * Network with Your Peers
    * Get A Free Software Kit
    * Evening Concert Featuring the Band Live and Much More!

    The interesting thing is at the bottom, where it lists the "Microsoft
    Virtualization Platinum Sponsors", which include:

    * AMD
    * IBM
    * Intel
    * Sun

    Sun!? IBM!?

    Why are they platinum sponsors of MS virtualization?

    (Other platinum sponsors are Citrix, Compellent, Dell, Hitachi, HP,
    Juniper, NetApp, and Novell).

    --
    --Tim Smith

  2. Re: Sun and IBM supporting Microsoft in virtualization!?

    "Tim Smith" wrote in message

    > I just received an email, titled
    >
    > Free Microsoft Virtualization Event Plus Evening Party: Sign Up Now
    >
    > promoting a free summit on "Microsoft Virtualization Products and
    > Practices". It says that what's in it for me is:
    >
    > * Technical Training by Microsoft Virtualization Experts
    > * Cutting-Edge Break-Out Sessions (I have no idea what that means)
    > * Previews of Future Technologies
    > * Be the First to Try Hot Products
    > * Network with Your Peers
    > * Get A Free Software Kit
    > * Evening Concert Featuring the Band Live and Much More!
    >
    > The interesting thing is at the bottom, where it lists the "Microsoft
    > Virtualization Platinum Sponsors", which include:
    >
    > * AMD
    > * IBM
    > * Intel
    > * Sun
    >
    > Sun!? IBM!?
    >
    > Why are they platinum sponsors of MS virtualization?

    Companies don't have friends. Companies have interests.

    I always get a chuckle when one company is in the middle of a law-suit
    against some other company meanwhile the two companies enter some sort of
    joint venture or partnership. They (the co's) don't take it personally...
    it's business.

    - ss

    > (Other platinum sponsors are Citrix, Compellent, Dell, Hitachi, HP,
    > Juniper, NetApp, and Novell).
    >
    > --
    > --Tim Smith

+ Reply to Thread