Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 38 of 38

  1. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    On 2008-08-27, Tattoo Vampire claimed:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> I'm not going anywhere BTW, I'll just be posting less.

    > Under this particular nym, you mean. You can't stay away, trollboi.

    Flatso had been Jewish too long. Time to shift nyms again so they can
    "talk" to each other until Mushy disappears permanently.

    --
    Friends don't let friends use Windows.

  2. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    > Flatso had been Jewish too long. Time to shift nyms again so they can
    > "talk" to each other until Mushy disappears permanently.

    Maybe he'll come back as a Druid or a Taoist next time.

  3. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Kelsey Bjarnason

    wrote
    on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:42:25 -0700
    :
    > On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:18:08 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, DFS
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:46:09 -0400
    >> :
    >>>
    >>> It's fairly unusual. No less than 3 of the tiny number of cola
    >>> participants have been victimized by the Ubuntu freezing problem.
    >>>
    >>> Also, here's a hint for you: You'll never get a BSOD with Linux.
    >>>

    >> No, but according to you we'll get freezes, panics, and other such
    >> shoddiness.

    > Oh, but we do, we do. I've had kernel panics, for example. 'Course,
    > they could be traced to faulty hardware in a couple cases, and me
    > fiddling with kernel code in the rest.
    >
    > And yeah, I get occasional freezes, where the UI goes unresponsive.
    > Generally this means I've got too damn many things running, the system is
    > swapping like mad and thus not responding promptly. Solution? Reduce
    > load - stop trying to cram 4GB worth of apps and data into a 2GB
    > memory.

    All reasonable issues/solutions. I'll admit I do have
    one reliable freeze, which I've since more or less fixed:
    it's directly attributable to the slamr module for my
    Winmodem in my nx9010. I have lingering issues with the
    ATI display in X 1.4, and I'm not sure I have my microphone
    input working properly, though the rest of the sound system
    spits out music/speech/etc. readily enough.

    (Even Rosegarden/jackd/fluidsynth, though now I have the
    additional problem of trying to find a good free set of
    general utility soundfonts. Thus far, I might have a
    number of pianos in one font and some stringed instruments
    in another. Annoying, but hardly specific to Linux.)

    It is barely possible Ubuntu is misprobing something, but
    I really can't say without trying to boot it natively, and
    I doubt I'd find anything; my laptop isn't that esoteric.

    As for BSODs....I wonder. There is a problem with a Linux
    freeze/panic; the display simply freezes if it's running in
    X (panic() doesn't bother to wiggle the display registers
    or something equally stupid before printing its message).
    I don't know if this is worth fixing, or not.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because life's too short for a buggy OS.

  4. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    > Flatso had been Jewish too long. Time to shift nyms again so they can
    > "talk" to each other until Mushy disappears permanently.

    Maybe he'll come back as a Druid or a Taoist next time.

  5. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > I'm not going anywhere BTW, I'll just be posting less.

    Under this particular nym, you mean. You can't stay away, trollboi.

  6. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    A fake Don Zeigler wrote:

    > Under this particular nym, you mean. You can't stay away, trollboi.

    Cute.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....How do you throw out a garbage can?

    Good to the last supper

  7. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:35:26 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Rabid Linux advocates tend to be liars.
    >>> They lie for LIEnux...
    >>> Much of it is lying by omission, which is one of Schestowitz's tactics.

    >> Bull****.

    > Fact....
    >
    > See Schestowitz for proof.
    >
    >>> The Linux advocates have been doing it for years and mostly getting away
    >>> with it because when they would get confronted by someone having a problem
    >>> with Linux they would simply discredit the user and deny the problems
    >>> existed.

    >> Bull****.
    >>
    >> Looks like your lucid period is about over.

    > Sorry Linonut, I tell it like it is.
    > I'm not nor have I ever been one to sugar coat everything and walk around
    > COLA like I am walking on broken glass.
    >
    > I save that for you guys who patronize each other so much it's nauseating.
    > It must suck to be afraid to speak what you really think for fear of being
    > ostracized.
    >
    > That was one thing Kier was good at.
    > He didn't follow the Linux religious line like most of you yet he was a far
    > better advocate than most of this group.
    >
    > So what happened?
    > The Linux mafia attacked him.
    >
    > Be careful what you wish for because you will end up with a group of
    > William Poaster's who cannot think for themselves due to lack of a brain.
    >

    >> You said you'd be out on the road soon. Sounds like you're hurriedly
    >> dishing out a few more dollops of nonsense to tide us over while you're
    >> away.

    > And you're just revving up the gang with your unsubstantiated garbage.
    > I'm not going anywhere BTW, I'll just be posting less.

    This post is horse****. It's well known in here that I use both windows
    and linux for their relative merits but I have never been attacked by
    this fictitious "Linux Mafia" you drool about. The only people who get
    attacked for anything in here are you trolls and your circle-jerk
    targets. Don't like linux and wanna slag it off? Fine. But **** off
    somewhere like alt.os.linux.sucks where it belongs.

  8. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    On 2008-08-28, Phil Da Lick! claimed:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >> That was one thing Kier was good at.
    >> He didn't follow the Linux religious line like most of you yet he was a far
    >> better advocate than most of this group.
    >>
    >> So what happened?
    >> The Linux mafia attacked him.
    >>
    >> Be careful what you wish for because you will end up with a group of
    >> William Poaster's who cannot think for themselves due to lack of a brain.

    > This post is horse****. It's well known in here that I use both windows
    > and linux for their relative merits but I have never been attacked by
    > this fictitious "Linux Mafia" you drool about. The only people who get
    > attacked for anything in here are you trolls and your circle-jerk
    > targets. Don't like linux and wanna slag it off? Fine. But **** off
    > somewhere like alt.os.linux.sucks where it belongs.

    Moshe Flatfarb is rewriting history. Kier was raked over the coals for
    his troll-feeding, not because he had anything to say one way or the
    other about linux or Windwoes. He laid off eventually. If he's gone
    it's because he stopped enjoying things so much once he couldn't feed
    Flatfart, DuFuS and Quirk so much.

    I guess once one starts their life as a liar, a thief and a bigot, they
    have trouble ever growing out of it. Flatso can't help s/h/itself.
    S/H/It is a congenital liar, thief and bigot.

    --
    VISTA: Vista is Sickening, Take Aspirin

  9. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:38:42 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:35:26 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Bull****.

    >> Fact....
    >>
    >> See Schestowitz for proof.

    >>> Bull****.
    >>>
    >>> Looks like your lucid period is about over.

    >> Sorry Linonut, I tell it like it is.
    >> I'm not nor have I ever been one to sugar coat everything and walk
    >> around COLA like I am walking on broken glass.
    >>
    >> I save that for you guys who patronize each other so much it's
    >> nauseating. It must suck to be afraid to speak what you really think for
    >> fear of being ostracized.
    >>
    >> That was one thing Kier was good at.
    >> He didn't follow the Linux religious line like most of you yet he was a
    >> far better advocate than most of this group.
    >>
    >> So what happened?
    >> The Linux mafia attacked him.
    >>
    >> Be careful what you wish for because you will end up with a group of
    >> William Poaster's who cannot think for themselves due to lack of a
    >> brain.

    Coming from Moshe Flatfish Goldfarb, that's funny!
    As I'm just an "empty suit", Flatfish seems to mention me quite a lot.
    Maybe the troll doesn't like being ignored? Tough, it can go cry on its
    buddy Quack's shoulder.

    >>> You said you'd be out on the road soon. Sounds like you're hurriedly
    >>> dishing out a few more dollops of nonsense to tide us over while you're
    >>> away.

    >> And you're just revving up the gang with your unsubstantiated garbage.
    >> I'm not going anywhere BTW, I'll just be posting less.
    >>

    > This post is horse****.

    Indeed it is. But it's come from a known wintroll, so wtf did you expect.

    > It's well known in here that I use both windows
    > and linux for their relative merits but I have never been attacked by this
    > fictitious "Linux Mafia" you drool about. The only people who get attacked
    > for anything in here are you trolls and your circle-jerk targets. Don't
    > like linux and wanna slag it off? Fine. But **** off somewhere like
    > alt.os.linux.sucks where it belongs.

    Here, here.
    (Or should that be "me too"!)

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ

  10. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 07:02:11 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2008-08-28, Phil Da Lick!
    > claimed:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> That was one thing Kier was good at.
    >>> He didn't follow the Linux religious line like most of you yet he was a
    >>> far better advocate than most of this group.
    >>>
    >>> So what happened?
    >>> The Linux mafia attacked him.
    >>>
    >>> Be careful what you wish for because you will end up with a group of
    >>> William Poaster's who cannot think for themselves due to lack of a
    >>> brain.

    >> This post is horse****. It's well known in here that I use both windows
    >> and linux for their relative merits but I have never been attacked by
    >> this fictitious "Linux Mafia" you drool about. The only people who get
    >> attacked for anything in here are you trolls and your circle-jerk
    >> targets. Don't like linux and wanna slag it off? Fine. But **** off
    >> somewhere like alt.os.linux.sucks where it belongs.

    > Moshe Flatfarb is rewriting history. Kier was raked over the coals for his
    > troll-feeding, not because he had anything to say one way or the other
    > about linux or Windwoes. He laid off eventually. If he's gone it's because
    > he stopped enjoying things so much once he couldn't feed Flatfart, DuFuS
    > and Quirk so much.
    >
    > I guess once one starts their life as a liar, a thief and a bigot, they
    > have trouble ever growing out of it. Flatso can't help s/h/itself. S/H/It
    > is a congenital liar, thief and bigot.

    And thus fits right in with Quack, DFS, & Snit Glasser.

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ
    ˙snɹıʌ ǝzopuıʍ $ɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝǝɹɟ %00⇂
    -- sɯǝʇsʎs xnuıl/nuƃ --

  11. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    JEDIDIAH wrote:
    > On 2008-08-27, DFS wrote:
    >> nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    >>> Just installed Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) this morning. Four hours
    >>> without a BSOD! Pretty amazing!!!

    >> It's fairly unusual. No less than 3 of the tiny number of cola
    >> participants have been victimized by the Ubuntu freezing problem.

    > Which 3 would these be? Besides sock puppets.

    Sinister Midget, TomB and one other guy whose name escapes me. And that's
    only those who have admitted to it.

    > There are plenty of happy campers in the Ubuntu Forums that you like
    > to quote from. Of course you conveniently ignore the posts from people
    > successfully doing more interesting desktop tasks with Ubuntu than you
    > do.

    Interesting? As in watching their silly compiz cubes spin for a few minutes
    before the whole system hard-locks?

  12. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    A fake Don Zeigler wrote:

    > Under this particular nym, you mean. You can't stay away, trollboi.

    Cute.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....How do you throw out a garbage can?

    Good to the last supper

  13. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 07:02:11 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2008-08-28, Phil Da Lick!
    > claimed:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> That was one thing Kier was good at.
    >>> He didn't follow the Linux religious line like most of you yet he was a
    >>> far better advocate than most of this group.
    >>>
    >>> So what happened?
    >>> The Linux mafia attacked him.
    >>>
    >>> Be careful what you wish for because you will end up with a group of
    >>> William Poaster's who cannot think for themselves due to lack of a
    >>> brain.

    >> This post is horse****. It's well known in here that I use both windows
    >> and linux for their relative merits but I have never been attacked by
    >> this fictitious "Linux Mafia" you drool about. The only people who get
    >> attacked for anything in here are you trolls and your circle-jerk
    >> targets. Don't like linux and wanna slag it off? Fine. But **** off
    >> somewhere like alt.os.linux.sucks where it belongs.

    > Moshe Flatfarb is rewriting history. Kier was raked over the coals for his
    > troll-feeding, not because he had anything to say one way or the other
    > about linux or Windwoes. He laid off eventually. If he's gone it's because
    > he stopped enjoying things so much once he couldn't feed Flatfart, DuFuS
    > and Quirk so much.
    >
    > I guess once one starts their life as a liar, a thief and a bigot, they
    > have trouble ever growing out of it. Flatso can't help s/h/itself. S/H/It
    > is a congenital liar, thief and bigot.

    And thus fits right in with Quack, DFS, & Snit Glasser.

    --
    ? ?o?? ?u?s s?? ???ss?? si??
    p???u???n? si ??i?? ???nd?o?

  14. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:38:42 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:35:26 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Bull****.

    >> Fact....
    >>
    >> See Schestowitz for proof.

    >>> Bull****.
    >>>
    >>> Looks like your lucid period is about over.

    >> Sorry Linonut, I tell it like it is.
    >> I'm not nor have I ever been one to sugar coat everything and walk
    >> around COLA like I am walking on broken glass.
    >>
    >> I save that for you guys who patronize each other so much it's
    >> nauseating. It must suck to be afraid to speak what you really think for
    >> fear of being ostracized.
    >>
    >> That was one thing Kier was good at.
    >> He didn't follow the Linux religious line like most of you yet he was a
    >> far better advocate than most of this group.
    >>
    >> So what happened?
    >> The Linux mafia attacked him.
    >>
    >> Be careful what you wish for because you will end up with a group of
    >> William Poaster's who cannot think for themselves due to lack of a
    >> brain.

    Coming from Moshe Flatfish Goldfarb, that's funny!
    As I'm just an "empty suit", Flatfish seems to mention me quite a lot.
    Maybe the troll doesn't like being ignored? Tough, it can go cry on its
    buddy Quack's shoulder.

    >>> You said you'd be out on the road soon. Sounds like you're hurriedly
    >>> dishing out a few more dollops of nonsense to tide us over while you're
    >>> away.

    >> And you're just revving up the gang with your unsubstantiated garbage.
    >> I'm not going anywhere BTW, I'll just be posting less.
    >>

    > This post is horse****.

    Indeed it is. But it's come from a known wintroll, so wtf did you expect.

    > It's well known in here that I use both windows
    > and linux for their relative merits but I have never been attacked by this
    > fictitious "Linux Mafia" you drool about. The only people who get attacked
    > for anything in here are you trolls and your circle-jerk targets. Don't
    > like linux and wanna slag it off? Fine. But **** off somewhere like
    > alt.os.linux.sucks where it belongs.

    Here, here.
    (Or should that be "me too"!)

    --
    ? ?o?? ?u?s s?? ???ss?? si??
    p???u???n? si ??i?? ???nd?o?
    ?sn?i? ?zopui? $? ??? ?o ???? %00?
    -- s???s?s xnuil/nu? --

  15. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:38:42 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:35:26 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Bull****.

    >> Fact....
    >>
    >> See Schestowitz for proof.

    >>> Bull****.
    >>>
    >>> Looks like your lucid period is about over.

    >> Sorry Linonut, I tell it like it is.
    >> I'm not nor have I ever been one to sugar coat everything and walk around
    >> COLA like I am walking on broken glass.
    >>
    >> I save that for you guys who patronize each other so much it's nauseating.
    >> It must suck to be afraid to speak what you really think for fear of being
    >> ostracized.
    >>
    >> That was one thing Kier was good at.
    >> He didn't follow the Linux religious line like most of you yet he was a far
    >> better advocate than most of this group.
    >>
    >> So what happened?
    >> The Linux mafia attacked him.
    >>
    >> Be careful what you wish for because you will end up with a group of
    >> William Poaster's who cannot think for themselves due to lack of a brain.
    >>

    >>> You said you'd be out on the road soon. Sounds like you're hurriedly
    >>> dishing out a few more dollops of nonsense to tide us over while you're
    >>> away.

    >> And you're just revving up the gang with your unsubstantiated garbage.
    >> I'm not going anywhere BTW, I'll just be posting less.
    >>

    > This post is horse****. It's well known in here that I use both windows
    > and linux for their relative merits but I have never been attacked by
    > this fictitious "Linux Mafia" you drool about. The only people who get
    > attacked for anything in here are you trolls and your circle-jerk
    > targets. Don't like linux and wanna slag it off? Fine. But **** off
    > somewhere like alt.os.linux.sucks where it belongs.

    You just proved my point.
    IOW you are a Linux zealot regardless of what systems you use.

    Hint: The majority of this group uses Windows to earn their living so it
    has nothing to do with that.

    Kier was NOT a zealot.
    You are a rabid zealot, just like [Homer], Schestowitz and the rest of the
    loons.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  16. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:46:21 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> I act honestly and honorably.

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    >
    > Yeah,netkkkopping someone for talking smack about you is really honorable.

    Amazing, isn't it. What lying POS Michael Snit Glasser is.

    --
    ? ?o?? ?u?s s?? ???ss?? si??
    p???u???n? si ??i?? ???nd?o?

  17. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    > Flatso had been Jewish too long. Time to shift nyms again so they can
    > "talk" to each other until Mushy disappears permanently.

    Maybe he'll come back as a Druid or a Taoist next time.

  18. Re: New Ubuntu Hardy Installation, no BSOD, 4 hours so far!

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 11:48:19 -0700, Don Zeigler wrote:

    > Sinister Midget wrote:
    >
    >> Flatso had been Jewish too long. Time to shift nyms again so they can
    >> "talk" to each other until Mushy disappears permanently.

    > Maybe he'll come back as a Druid or a Taoist next time.

    You didn't get a laugh the first time you posted this so why try again?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/