Ubuntu: Can Your Business Trust A Free System

,----[ Quote ]
| Got to be honest, the first time I heard about Ubuntu was sometime April of
| this year over at Archon-Digital’s blog when he made an article of his switch
| to Ubuntu. Even after reading his post, I still didn’t get the idea of what
| exactly Ubuntu is all about.
`----

http://bloggista.com/2008/08/25/ubun...a-free-system/

Creating a Flamerobin/Firebird livecd with Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04.1

,----[ Quote ]
| This is an howto create your own ubuntu live cd with firebird/ubuntu and
| custom applications ,in guide ubuntu variation used was Xubuntu (is smaller
| and can be customized easier ) but it works for any hardy release
`----

http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=1863

Recent:

Firebird 2.1 in Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| Firebird 2.1 will be included by default in the next Ubuntu release named
| Intrepid Ibex that will be released in 30 October.
`----

http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=1718

Related:

ARM Linux gains embeddable SQL database

,----[ Quote ]
| The Firebird Project has ported its lightweight, open-source database to the
| ARM architecture. The project is looking for help testing a new Firebird 2.1
| RC2 release, which in addition to ARM support, adds database triggers,
| temporary and monitoring tables, common table expressions, and recursive
| queries. * *
`----

Firebird v.2.0.3 is Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Firebird Project team is pleased to announce the release of Firebird
| v.2.0.3. Kits for Windows and Linux (x86 and x64) are in the Sourceforge
| repository and should start to appear throughout the day. Enjoy!
`----

http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=1303

Database performance

,----[ Quote ]
| The backend unit tests provided a base on which we built more
| extensive database performance tests, covering many aspects of
| database performance using JDBC on Linux.
`----

http://devloop.org.uk/documentation/...e-performance/

Firebird 2.0 flies

,----[ Quote ]