Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux - Linux ; X-Moto http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/X-Moto_2.jpg Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=156073 Beneath a Steel Sky http://www.revolution.co.uk/bass_g/bass_1.jpg Egoboo2 http://memo.xight.org/images/web/2006-02-10-01-08.jpg Go Linux FTW!...

  1. Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

  2. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

    On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 00:57:15 -0500, Derrick wrote:

    > X-Moto
    > http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/X-Moto_2.jpg
    >
    > Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
    > http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=156073
    >
    > Beneath a Steel Sky
    > http://www.revolution.co.uk/bass_g/bass_1.jpg
    >
    > Egoboo2
    > http://memo.xight.org/images/web/2006-02-10-01-08.jpg
    >

    > Go Linux FTW!

    This is a joke right?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 00:57:15 -0500, Derrick wrote:
    >
    >> X-Moto
    >> http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/X-Moto_2.jpg
    >>
    >> Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
    >> http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=156073
    >>
    >> Beneath a Steel Sky
    >> http://www.revolution.co.uk/bass_g/bass_1.jpg
    >>
    >> Egoboo2
    >> http://memo.xight.org/images/web/2006-02-10-01-08.jpg
    >>

    >> Go Linux FTW!

    > This is a joke right?

    It HAS to be.

  4. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 00:57:15 -0500, Derrick wrote:
    >
    >> X-Moto
    >> http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/X-Moto_2.jpg
    >>
    >> Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
    >> http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=156073
    >>
    >> Beneath a Steel Sky
    >> http://www.revolution.co.uk/bass_g/bass_1.jpg
    >>
    >> Egoboo2
    >> http://memo.xight.org/images/web/2006-02-10-01-08.jpg
    >>

    >> Go Linux FTW!

    > This is a joke right?

    I doubt it. people like Jebediah actually think these are "cutting
    edge". 7 has even assured us that Linux is the *choice* of hard core
    gamers.

    Seriously, you could not make this nonsense up.

    --
    " Are there any decent document editors that can open ODT files except
    OpenOffice.org? oowriter is so unstable with large files that it would

  5. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

    "Derrick" wrote in message
    > X-Moto
    > http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/X-Moto_2.jpg
    >
    > Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
    > http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=156073
    >
    > Beneath a Steel Sky
    > http://www.revolution.co.uk/bass_g/bass_1.jpg
    >
    > Egoboo2
    > http://memo.xight.org/images/web/2006-02-10-01-08.jpg
    >

    > Go Linux FTW!

    The graphics in most of those games look like something from the 1980's.

  6. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

    On 2008-08-25, Hadron wrote:
    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >
    >> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 00:57:15 -0500, Derrick wrote:
    >>
    >>> X-Moto
    >>> http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/X-Moto_2.jpg
    >>>
    >>> Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
    >>> http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=156073
    >>>
    >>> Beneath a Steel Sky
    >>> http://www.revolution.co.uk/bass_g/bass_1.jpg
    >>>
    >>> Egoboo2
    >>> http://memo.xight.org/images/web/2006-02-10-01-08.jpg
    >>>

    >>> Go Linux FTW!

    >> This is a joke right?

    > I doubt it. people like Jebediah actually think these are "cutting

    I have never made such a statement.

    > edge". 7 has even assured us that Linux is the *choice* of hard core
    > gamers.
    >
    > Seriously, you could not make this nonsense up.

    Depends on the game. "Hard core" types are the sort that care about
    that last %1 and are willing to otherwise suffer for it. So the
    notion that a "hard core" type might choose Linux (even for gaming)
    is not as farfetched as you would like people to believe.

    The "serious" gamer that isn't quite dedicated enough to be "hard core"
    is the sort that wouldn't put enough effort into it to seek out and
    install another platform just to have some sort of edge (percieved
    or otherwise).

    "hard core" are the people that buy the $500 speedos.

    If it mattered to the sort of edge they were trying to get, they
    would put up with VMS or Multics if necessary.

    I don't think you really know what "hard core" means.

    --
    Sure, I could use iTunes even under Linux. However, I have |||
    better things to do with my time than deal with how iTunes doesn't / | \

  7. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

    On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:02:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Derrick on Monday 25 August 2008 05:57 : \____
    >
    >> Go Linux FTW!

    > .-------------------------------------------------.
    >|____________________________________________O_-_X|
    >| File Options Tools Help |
    > `_-_____-________-______-_________________________'
    > | Alert |____________
    > | *Plonk* ' Subject |______________
    > `----------. *Sender* ' *Troll* |
    > `----------. Idiot |
    > | Moron |
    > | Twit |
    > | Imbecile |
    > | Changeling |
    > | Cretin |
    > | Asshole |
    > | Weird |
    > | Dunce |
    > | Kook |
    > | Eerie |
    > | Gary Nym |
    > | Morph |
    > `------------'

    What a dork.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

  9. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

    JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > I have never made such a statement.

    Lying is second nature to idiots like Quack and D00FuS.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Number 6 of Borg - Why I resigned is irrelevant.

    Good to the last supper

  10. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

    In article <1rbjgiswskti1$.iygt6q1wgqjs$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:02:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > > ____/ Derrick on Monday 25 August 2008 05:57 : \____
    > >
    > >> Go Linux FTW!

    > > .-------------------------------------------------.
    > >|____________________________________________O_-_X|
    > >| File Options Tools Help |
    > > `_-_____-________-______-_________________________'
    > > | Alert |____________
    > > | *Plonk* ' Subject |______________
    > > `----------. *Sender* ' *Troll* |
    > > `----------. Idiot |
    > > | Moron |
    > > | Twit |
    > > | Imbecile |
    > > | Changeling |
    > > | Cretin |
    > > | Asshole |
    > > | Weird |
    > > | Dunce |
    > > | Kook |
    > > | Eerie |
    > > | Gary Nym |
    > > | Morph |
    > > `------------'

    > What a dork.....

    As someone recently said here, when you have to resort to attacks like
    that, it means you can't find a valid way to deal with the argument.
    Now who was it that said that...oh, year. It was Roy. Looks like Roy
    agrees with Derrick on Linux games.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  11. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

    On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:05:21 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <1rbjgiswskti1$.iygt6q1wgqjs$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    > "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    >> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:02:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> ____/ Derrick on Monday 25 August 2008 05:57 : \____

    >>> .-------------------------------------------------.
    >>>|____________________________________________O_-_X|
    >>>| File Options Tools Help |
    >>> `_-_____-________-______-_________________________'
    >>> `----------. *Sender* ' *Troll* |
    >>> `----------. Idiot |
    >>> | Moron |
    >>> | Twit |
    >>> | Imbecile |
    >>> | Changeling |
    >>> | Cretin |
    >>> | Asshole |
    >>> | Weird |
    >>> | Dunce |
    >>> | Kook |
    >>> | Eerie |
    >>> | Gary Nym |
    >>> | Morph |
    >>> `------------'

    >> What a dork.....

    > As someone recently said here, when you have to resort to attacks like
    > that, it means you can't find a valid way to deal with the argument.
    > Now who was it that said that...oh, year. It was Roy. Looks like Roy
    > agrees with Derrick on Linux games.

    Yea...
    I was waiting for someone to pick that point up.
    Schestowitz can't debate, he can't discuss and he certainly can't advocate
    so he does what he does best.
    Spew tens of thousands of messages all over the Internet.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

    > In article <1rbjgiswskti1$.iygt6q1wgqjs$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    > "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    >> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:02:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> > ____/ Derrick on Monday 25 August 2008 05:57 : \____

    >> > .-------------------------------------------------.
    >> >|____________________________________________O_-_X|
    >> >| File Options Tools Help |
    >> > `_-_____-________-______-_________________________'
    >> > `----------. *Sender* ' *Troll* |
    >> > `----------. Idiot |
    >> > | Moron |
    >> > | Twit |
    >> > | Imbecile |
    >> > | Changeling |
    >> > | Cretin |
    >> > | Asshole |
    >> > | Weird |
    >> > | Dunce |
    >> > | Kook |
    >> > | Eerie |
    >> > | Gary Nym |
    >> > | Morph |
    >> > `------------'

    >> What a dork.....

    > As someone recently said here, when you have to resort to attacks like
    > that, it means you can't find a valid way to deal with the argument.
    > Now who was it that said that...oh, year. It was Roy. Looks like Roy
    > agrees with Derrick on Linux games.

    I disagree with Roy. Derrick was not (just) a Troll. He was also an
    Idiot. In fact, the menu above is not the best UI item for selecting
    all of the characteristics of "Derrick".

    But leave it to Tim to inflate the meaning of a common dismissal of an
    idiotic troll attempt, labelling it an *attack*.

    You're giving me a chuckle, Tim!

    You deride Roy's game, yet seem to be playing it, too.

    Ironically, by doing so you might actually be *attacking* him.

    And thus, by your very own reasoning, *agreeing* with him!

    Oh dear. That might overflow your stack!

    (Cue some other attacker to "agree" with me)

    --
    A copy of the universe is not what is required of art; one of the damned
    things is ample.

  13. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

    Linonut wrote:

    > I disagree with Roy. Derrick was not (just) a Troll. He was also an
    > Idiot. In fact, the menu above is not the best UI item for selecting
    > all of the characteristics of "Derrick".
    >
    > But leave it to Tim to inflate the meaning of a common dismissal of an
    > idiotic troll attempt, labelling it an *attack*.
    >
    > You're giving me a chuckle, Tim!
    >
    > You deride Roy's game, yet seem to be playing it, too.

    Timmy thinks that calling him "Timmy" is an attack. Guffaw.

  14. Re: Great Games Just a Click Away in GNU/Linux

    * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> I disagree with Roy. Derrick was not (just) a Troll. He was also an
    >> Idiot. In fact, the menu above is not the best UI item for selecting
    >> all of the characteristics of "Derrick".
    >>
    >> But leave it to Tim to inflate the meaning of a common dismissal of an
    >> idiotic troll attempt, labelling it an *attack*.
    >>
    >> You're giving me a chuckle, Tim!
    >>
    >> You deride Roy's game, yet seem to be playing it, too.

    > Timmy thinks that calling him "Timmy" is an attack. Guffaw.

    This place is full of jokes, badinage, insinuation, outright contempt,
    and egregious insults. It's difficult to take it all in stride, all the
    time.

    --
    Well, it seems to me that he did have an education to get there. It happened to
    be mine, not his. -- Gary Kildall on the selection of Gates to give the

+ Reply to Thread