cd to a folder and Linux crashes, screen goes black, forced reboot - Linux

This is a discussion on cd to a folder and Linux crashes, screen goes black, forced reboot - Linux ; "... I did $ cd proc/acpi/ibm and the system crashed." http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=197570 "Linux just works" "Linux is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers"...

  1. cd to a folder and Linux crashes, screen goes black, forced reboot

    "... I did $ cd proc/acpi/ibm and the system crashed."

    "Linux just works"

    "Linux is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers"

  2. Re: cd to a folder and Linux crashes, screen goes black, forced reboot

    "DFS" wrote in message
    > "... I did $ cd proc/acpi/ibm and the system crashed."
    >
    > http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=197570
    >

    > "Linux just works"
    >
    > "Linux is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers"

    Linux is perfect if you do not need sound to work and want your drives
    combined.

  3. Re: cd to a folder and Linux crashes, screen goes black, forced reboot

    Rekruled wrote:

    > Linux is perfect if you do not need sound to work and want your drives
    > combined.

    And if you have the IQ of a rock.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  4. Re: cd to a folder and Linux crashes, screen goes black, forced reboot

    RonB wrote:

    > Rekruled wrote:
    >
    >> Linux is perfect if you do not need sound to work and want your drives
    >> combined.

    > And if you have the IQ of a rock.

    I should have said "at least" the IQ of a rock.

    And I apologize for insulting the intelligence of rocks by comparing them to
    WinTrolls.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  5. Re: cd to a folder and Linux crashes, screen goes black, forced reboot

    RonB wrote:
    > Rekruled wrote:
    >
    >> Linux is perfect if you do not need sound to work and want your
    >> drives combined.

    > And if you have the IQ of a rock.

    Why the sudden attack of honesty?

  6. Re: cd to a folder and Linux crashes, screen goes black, forcedreboot

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 23:29:20 -0700, Rekruled wrote:

    > "DFS" wrote in message
    >> "... I did $ cd proc/acpi/ibm and the system crashed."
    >>
    >> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=197570
    >>

    >> "Linux just works"
    >>
    >> "Linux is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers"

    > Linux is perfect if you do not need sound to work and want your drives
    > combined.

    No idea what you're babbling about there. My sound works just fine,
    thanks, and my drives work as expected. If they get "combined" it is
    because _I_ tell the system to do so, via RAID or LVM.

+ Reply to Thread