[News] First Photos of GNU/Linux on Dell Sub-notebooks - Linux

  1. [News] First Photos of GNU/Linux on Dell Sub-notebooks

    Dell Inspiron 910 netbook running Ubuntu spotted

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Images of Dell’s Inspiron 910 netbook running Ubuntu have found their way to
    | Engadget. Initial rumors have suggested that Dell would be announcing the
    | netbook today, Friday August 22nd, but so far there has been no word from the
    | company.
    `----

    http://www.slashgear.com/dell-inspir...ed-2214488.php

    Recent:

    Dell’s Mini Inspiron 910 Full Specs: Ubuntu Linux or Windows XP

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Last week we saw Dell launch some E-series business laptops, but the Dell
    | Mini Inspiron was nowhere in sight. Today we get to see Dell’s first ever
    | netbook in images, specs and also a potential release date. *
    `----

    http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/...or-windows-xp/

    Leaked: Dell Inspiron 910 (Mini Note) Specs and Release Date

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The system will go on sale in just a few days—August 22nd our source says—but
    | we still don't know whether or not that $299 starting price is just a myth.
    `----

    http://gizmodo.com/5038298/leaked-de...d-release-date

    Inside Dell's 'BlackTop' laptop Linux OS

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Dell’s new laptops sideline Windows with a fast-boot Linux OS and ARM
    | processor to check email, browse the Web and even sync with Exchange.
    `----

    http://apcmag.com/Content.aspx?id=2804

    The Next Linux You Use Could Be Virtual

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Major players in the laptop computer market go virtual with Linux. HP,
    | Lenovo, and now Dell offer laptops that have a Linux Mode.
    `----

    Dell introduces ten new laptops

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On is a flash-based barebones Linux install that gets you up and running, on
    | the Net, and with much of what you need to run the computer in instantly.
    | Dell went to great pains to avoid saying the L-word though, it might anger
    | the very touchy gods atop mount Redmond.
    `----

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...oduces-laptops

    Are “instant on” notebooks the future?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | If I think about my normal notebook usage patterns, I’m pretty sure I could
    | spend a good 80 - 90% of my time in the instant on environment and only boot
    | into Windows when I needed to do something specifically Windows-centric. In
    | fact, given a properly set up Linux distro as the main OS (which should be a
    | snap to set up since these systems would/should already be Linux-compatible
    | because they are running the Linux-based instant on OS ) which would allow me
    | to handle Microsoft Office docs, and a VPN, I could do away with having
    | Windows on the system altogether and simply connect to a secondary
    | Windows-based PC when I wanted that functionality (when on the road I rarely,
    | if ever, need to run anything heavy such as Photoshop).
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2400

    Dell’s comeback machine

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There are some surprises beneath the surface of the Latitude line as well.
    | One is an optional Linux-based low-power mode called Dell Latitude On, which
    | boots in two seconds. It offers more than a day’s worth of battery life for
    | basic tasks like web surfing, Exchange e-mail, and viewing e-mail
    | attachments, and runs on an ARM-based (ARMH) chip rather than the main Intel
    | processor. (HP and Lenovo laptops offer similar Linux modes, but with fewer
    | capabilities.)
    `----

    http://bigtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...eback-machine/

  2. Re: [News] First Photos of GNU/Linux on Dell Sub-notebooks

    > Dell Inspiron 910 netbook running Ubuntu spotted
    >
    > http://www.slashgear.com/dell-inspir...ed-2214488.php
    >
    > Dell?s Mini Inspiron 910 Full Specs: Ubuntu Linux or Windows XP
    >
    > http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/...or-windows-xp/
    >
    > Leaked: Dell Inspiron 910 (Mini Note) Specs and Release Date
    >
    > http://gizmodo.com/5038298/leaked-de...d-release-date
    >
    > Inside Dell's 'BlackTop' laptop Linux OS
    >
    > http://apcmag.com/Content.aspx?id=2804
    >
    > The Next Linux You Use Could Be Virtual
    >
    > http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry2965.html
    >
    > Dell introduces ten new laptops
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...oduces-laptops
    >
    > Are ?instant on? notebooks the future?
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2400
    >
    > Dell?s comeback machine
    >
    > http://bigtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...eback-machine/

    Say, Roy, can you do us a favor and mark the applicable posts as

    [Bait]

    The irony of having the master baiter, flatfish, claim that you are
    somehow "baiting" us, is funny as hell.

    --
    The horror... the horror!

  3. Re: [News] First Photos of GNU/Linux on Dell Sub-notebooks

    ____/ Linonut on Saturday 23 August 2008 15:38 : \____

    >> Dell Inspiron 910 netbook running Ubuntu spotted

    http://www.slashgear.com/dell-inspir...ed-2214488.php

    >> Dell?s Mini Inspiron 910 Full Specs: Ubuntu Linux or Windows XP

    http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/...or-windows-xp/

    >> Leaked: Dell Inspiron 910 (Mini Note) Specs and Release Date

    http://gizmodo.com/5038298/leaked-de...d-release-date

    >> Inside Dell's 'BlackTop' laptop Linux OS
    >>
    >> http://apcmag.com/Content.aspx?id=2804
    >>
    >> The Next Linux You Use Could Be Virtual
    >>
    >> http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry2965.html
    >>
    >> Dell introduces ten new laptops

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...oduces-laptops

    >> Are ?instant on? notebooks the future?
    >>
    >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2400
    >>
    >> Dell?s comeback machine
    >>
    >> http://bigtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...eback-machine/

    > Say, Roy, can you do us a favor and mark the applicable posts as
    >
    > [Bait]
    >
    > The irony of having the master baiter, flatfish, claim that you are
    > somehow "baiting" us, is funny as hell.

    Sure, but who or what is flatfish?

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Apache: commercial software's days are numbered
    Tasks: 138 total, 1 running, 137 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

+ Reply to Thread