Roy Schestowitz...The Idiot Who Can't Tell Time..... - Linux

This is a discussion on Roy Schestowitz...The Idiot Who Can't Tell Time..... - Linux ; 10+ years in college and you still haven't figured out how to set your date and time? Oh, I know you have, you're just using a very old trolling technique to keep your posts at the top of the group... ...

  1. Roy Schestowitz...The Idiot Who Can't Tell Time.....

    10+ years in college and you still haven't figured out how to set your date
    and time?

    Oh, I know you have, you're just using a very old trolling technique to
    keep your posts at the top of the group...

    Now, why not run along like a good girl and set your clock correctly
    because everyone is on to your little scam.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Roy Schestowitz...The Idiot Who Can't Tell Time.....

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:18:47 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > 10+ years in college and you still haven't figured out how to set your
    > date and time?
    >
    > Oh, I know you have, you're just using a very old trolling technique to
    > keep your posts at the top of the group...

    The time error is small. Your whining just makes you look like an idiot.

    > Now, why not run along like a good girl and set your clock correctly
    > because everyone is on to your little scam.

    Any scam is purely in your imagination.

  3. Re: Roy Schestowitz...The Idiot Who Can't Tell Time.....

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 01:44:10 +0000 (UTC), Rob Schwenk wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:18:47 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> 10+ years in college and you still haven't figured out how to set your
    >> date and time?
    >>
    >> Oh, I know you have, you're just using a very old trolling technique to
    >> keep your posts at the top of the group...

    > The time error is small. Your whining just makes you look like an idiot.

    45 minutes to an hour (depending as it seems to change) is not small......
    You are the only idiot around here.

    >> Now, why not run along like a good girl and set your clock correctly
    >> because everyone is on to your little scam.

    > Any scam is purely in your imagination.

    You obviously know nothing about Schestowitz.
    I suggest a couple of hours spent with Google.
    Cut into your kernel compile time if you have to, it's worth it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: Roy Schestowitz...The Idiot Who Can't Tell Time.....

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:50:21 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 01:44:10 +0000 (UTC), Rob Schwenk wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:18:47 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>> 10+ years in college and you still haven't figured out how to set your
    >>> date and time?
    >>>
    >>> Oh, I know you have, you're just using a very old trolling technique
    >>> to keep your posts at the top of the group...

    >> The time error is small. Your whining just makes you look like an
    >> idiot.

    > 45 minutes to an hour (depending as it seems to change) is not
    > small...... You are the only idiot around here.

    In the case of usenet an hour is totally insignificant. As Roy tends
    to post new articles it hardly matters at all. I apologize for saying
    you look like an idiot. You clearly are one.

    >>> Now, why not run along like a good girl and set your clock correctly
    >>> because everyone is on to your little scam.

    >> Any scam is purely in your imagination.

    > You obviously know nothing about Schestowitz. I suggest a couple of
    > hours spent with Google.

    I read very few of his posts. In the main they do seem to be on
    charter for this ng based on the subject lines. Your posts in the main
    are off charter for this ng and you frequently cross post your
    followups to several other newsgroups clearly hoping to start flame
    wars.

    > Cut into your kernel compile time if you have to, it's worth it.

    Funny you should bring that up. I haven't needed to compile a kernel
    for many years. I recently increased the ram on my home PC to 6GB.
    The kernel was configured for up to 4GB. I downloaded the kernel
    source code, made the trivial config change. The make installed the
    new kernel and all I had to do was reboot. Windows I believe cannot
    even use 4GB if you should have it.

  5. Re: Roy Schestowitz...The Idiot Who Can't Tell Time.....

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.

    wrote
    on Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:50:21 -0400
    :
    > On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 01:44:10 +0000 (UTC), Rob Schwenk wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:18:47 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>> 10+ years in college and you still haven't figured out how to set your
    >>> date and time?
    >>>
    >>> Oh, I know you have, you're just using a very old trolling technique to
    >>> keep your posts at the top of the group...

    >> The time error is small. Your whining just makes you look like an idiot.

    > 45 minutes to an hour (depending as it seems to change) is not small......
    > You are the only idiot around here.

    I'm seeing a delta of 51-52 minutes between Date:
    and X-Received-Date: on the three messages I checked.

    NTP is a useful utility. ;-)

    I'm curious, though, as to how large of an error is
    tolerable for the Wintrools to not consider this as a
    serious issue?

    >>> Now, why not run along like a good girl and set your clock correctly
    >>> because everyone is on to your little scam.

    >> Any scam is purely in your imagination.

    > You obviously know nothing about Schestowitz.
    > I suggest a couple of hours spent with Google.
    > Cut into your kernel compile time if you have to, it's worth it.

    Yes, it is clear that Schestowitz is "scamming" the Wintrools,
    and it's annoying the hell outta them. ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #23291:
    void f(item *p) { if(p != 0) delete p; }

  6. Re: Roy Schestowitz...The Idiot Who Can't Tell Time.....

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 02:11:27 +0000 (UTC), Rob Schwenk wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:50:21 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> The time error is small. Your whining just makes you look like an
    >>> idiot.

    >> 45 minutes to an hour (depending as it seems to change) is not
    >> small...... You are the only idiot around here.

    > In the case of usenet an hour is totally insignificant. As Roy tends
    > to post new articles it hardly matters at all. I apologize for saying
    > you look like an idiot. You clearly are one.

    Baloney....

    How come everyone else in the group manages to set their time correctly?

    >>> Any scam is purely in your imagination.

    >> You obviously know nothing about Schestowitz. I suggest a couple of
    >> hours spent with Google.

    > I read very few of his posts. In the main they do seem to be on
    > charter for this ng based on the subject lines. Your posts in the main
    > are off charter for this ng and you frequently cross post your
    > followups to several other newsgroups clearly hoping to start flame
    > wars.

    More bull crap.....

    I suggest you start reading them before commenting on something you
    obviously know nothing about, by your own admission,
    IOW:
    "I read very few of his posts."
    Your words, not mine.

    >> Cut into your kernel compile time if you have to, it's worth it.

    > Funny you should bring that up. I haven't needed to compile a kernel
    > for many years. I recently increased the ram on my home PC to 6GB.
    > The kernel was configured for up to 4GB. I downloaded the kernel
    > source code, made the trivial config change. The make installed the
    > new kernel and all I had to do was reboot. Windows I believe cannot
    > even use 4GB if you should have it.

    Who cares?
    You obviously don't know what you are talking about....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Roy Schestowitz...The Idiot Who Can't Tell Time.....

    In article ,
    Rob Schwenk wrote:

    > The time error is small. Your whining just makes you look like an idiot.

    If Roy would switch to Mac or Windows, the time error would be zero, as
    both of those systems can easily sync to an NTP server.

    (Linux can, too, or course, but evidently it is too hard for him...)

    --
    --Tim Smith

+ Reply to Thread