[News] Wine 1.1.3 Released - Linux

  1. [News] Wine 1.1.3 Released

    [Wine 1.1.3 Released]

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Wine development release 1.1.3 is now available.
    |
    | What's new in this release (see below for details):
    | - Beginnings of ddraw overlay support.
    | - Many more crypt32 functions.
    | - Improved support for tables in Richedit.
    | - Support for NETWM window maximization.
    | - Many installer fixes.
    | - Tweaks for better PulseAudio support.
    | - Various bug fixes.
    `----

    http://www.winehq.org/?announce=1.1.3

    Recent:

    Wine @ Work: Running MS Office and IE on Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I like Wine and it works well for a lot of applications — well enough, in
    | fact, to somewhat silence the “Microsoft compatibility crowd.” I think now
    | that it’s almost version 1.0 release ready, it will garner more interest,
    | developers, and adopters. I see no reason why it shouldn’t for those who
    | believe that they must have certain brands of apps running in their
    | environment.
    `----

    http://www.linux-mag.com/id/6539/

    Debunking the Debunked WINE Myths

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Myth 1: "Wine is slow because it is an emulator"
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Myth 2: "Wine is bad for Linux"
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Myth 3: "Emulators like VMWare are better"
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Myth 4: "You need Windows anyway"
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Myth 5: "Wine is bad, Winelib is better"
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Myth 6: "Wine will always be playing catch up to Windows and can't possibly
    | succeed at running new applications"
    |
    | [...]
    `----

    http://www.nuxified.org/blog/debunki...ked_wine_myths

    The making of Wine (how to make Windows apps merrier with Linux)

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Enterprises badly want alternatives to
    | Windows. Desktop Linux has come a long way since 1999, too. and (who knew?)
    | the Mac has become the ultra chic, must-have PC. The enterprise has its
    | alternatives - if it can only get those mission critical Windows apps to work
    | flawlessly. Wine, in its commercial form, has been doing so for years.
    |
    | So, in 2008, the 1.0 version will hit the streets and the timing could not be
    | more perfect. White admits that not every Windows application will work
    | flawlessly on Wine, but many a critical one for the enterprise has been
    | specifically optimized.
    `----

    http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/26915

  2. Re: [News] Wine 1.1.3 Released

    7 wrote:

    > I personally feel software development houses, management
    > and big corporate buyers should insist that any products
    > bought or downloaded for the windows platform MUST run
    > 100% well on WINE 1.x before it can be allowed to be adopted.

    Why? Why would anyone want to run their fine Windows apps in a crippled,
    unstable mode? WINE's a piece of OSS crap that's been in development for 15
    years, and the developers themselves say it's not suitable for general use.
    Think about that.

    And, when are you going to show us what you've done to make all your Windows
    code 'Wine-compliant'?

    And, when are you going to switch to Linux yourself?

    You cola frauds are just too much. Windows by day, faux Linux by night.

  3. Re: [News] Wine 1.1.3 Released

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> I personally feel software development houses, management
    >> and big corporate buyers should insist that any products
    >> bought or downloaded for the windows platform MUST run
    >> 100% well on WINE 1.x before it can be allowed to be adopted.

    > Why? Why would anyone want to run their fine Windows apps in a crippled,
    > unstable mode?

    Because micoshaft can't write any good OSen that isn't crippled or
    unstable.

    > WINE's a piece of OSS crap that's been in development for
    > 15 years, and the developers themselves say it's not suitable for general
    > use. Think about that.

    Only a micoshaft fool would go to town with anti-WINE pro micoshaft
    crap like that. You think about that.

    > And, when are you going to show us what you've done to make all your
    > Windows code 'Wine-compliant'?

    And when are going to show me one statement where I claimed to
    have written any code for the windummy platform over the last 3 years?

    > And, when are you going to switch to Linux yourself?

    Your reply comes via a Linux computer running Mepis released in 2003.

    > You cola frauds are just too much. Windows by day, faux Linux by night.

    And so we come to umpteenth request: when are going to show me one statement
    where I claimed to have written any code for the windummy platform over the
    last 3 years?

  4. Re: [News] Wine 1.1.3 Released

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >

    >> 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> I personally feel software development houses, management
    >>> and big corporate buyers should insist that any products
    >>> bought or downloaded for the windows platform MUST run
    >>> 100% well on WINE 1.x before it can be allowed to be adopted.

    >> Why? Why would anyone want to run their fine Windows apps in a
    >> crippled, unstable mode?

    > Because micoshaft can't write any good OSen that isn't crippled or
    > unstable.
    >
    >> WINE's a piece of OSS crap that's been in development for
    >> 15 years, and the developers themselves say it's not suitable for
    >> general use. Think about that.

    > Only a micoshaft fool would go to town with anti-WINE pro micoshaft
    > crap like that. You think about that.
    >

    >> And, when are you going to show us what you've done to make all your
    >> Windows code 'Wine-compliant'?

    > And when are going to show me one statement where I claimed to
    > have written any code for the windummy platform over the last 3 years?
    >

    >> And, when are you going to switch to Linux yourself?

    > Your reply comes via a Linux computer running Mepis released in 2003.
    >

    >> You cola frauds are just too much. Windows by day, faux Linux by
    >> night.

    > And so we come to umpteenth request: when are going to show me one
    > statement where I claimed to have written any code for the windummy
    > platform over the last 3 years?

    Exactly what do you do for a living?

    Exactly what software do you use to make a living?

  5. Re: [News] Wine 1.1.3 Released

    "7" schreef in bericht
    news:0c0sk.47217$E41.2565@text.news.virginmedia.co m...
    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >

    >> 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> I personally feel software development houses, management
    >>> and big corporate buyers should insist that any products
    >>> bought or downloaded for the windows platform MUST run
    >>> 100% well on WINE 1.x before it can be allowed to be adopted.

    >> Why? Why would anyone want to run their fine Windows apps in a crippled,
    >> unstable mode?

    > Because micoshaft can't write any good OSen that isn't crippled or
    > unstable.
    >
    >> WINE's a piece of OSS crap that's been in development for
    >> 15 years, and the developers themselves say it's not suitable for general
    >> use. Think about that.

    > Only a micoshaft fool would go to town with anti-WINE pro micoshaft
    > crap like that. You think about that.
    >

    >> And, when are you going to show us what you've done to make all your
    >> Windows code 'Wine-compliant'?

    > And when are going to show me one statement where I claimed to
    > have written any code for the windummy platform over the last 3 years?
    >

    >> And, when are you going to switch to Linux yourself?

    > Your reply comes via a Linux computer running Mepis released in 2003.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAH!!, "via a Linux computer", my ass! *He* is using
    Windows, like 90% of the users on every computer on this planet!
    You ****ing moronic tit!

    >> You cola frauds are just too much. Windows by day, faux Linux by night.

    > And so we come to umpteenth request: when are going to show me one
    > statement
    > where I claimed to have written any code for the windummy platform over
    > the
    > last 3 years?

    Thanks again Joseph Michael, you proved my point!
    <"7", *King* *of* *All* *Retards* , the laughing stock of usenet!>
    Signed, 7
    A Lifelong Windows Developer
    Pretend Linux "Advocate"
    Obsessive Freeloader
    Failed Promoter Of Proprietary, Patented Schemes
    All Around Fraud And Hypocrite
    Now, run along, Josh!

  6. Re: [News] Wine 1.1.3 Released

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > Exactly what do you do for a living?
    >
    > Exactly what software do you use to make a living?

    Questions questions questions! And no answers!
    Why does a pro-micoshaft prick like you claim I made my living writing
    software for Micoshaft? Got your files you keep on
    everyone mixed up perhaps?

    And so for the umpteenth time, when are going to show
    me one statement where I claimed to
    have written any code for the windummy platform over the last 3 years?

  7. Re: [News] Wine 1.1.3 Released

    * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:

    http://www.winehq.org/site/myths#catch_up

    > And, when are you going to show us what you've done to make all your Windows
    > code 'Wine-compliant'?
    >
    > And, when are you going to switch to Linux yourself?
    >
    > You cola frauds are just too much. Windows by day, faux Linux by night.

    You lying S.O.B.

    --
    After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known quotations.
    -- H. L. Mencken, on Shakespeare

  8. Re: [News] Wine 1.1.3 Released

    Linonut wrote:

    > You lying S.O.B.

    Don't give him a wry grin, he *is* a lying S.O.B., after all. Not quite as
    bad as Snot, but bad nonetheless.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Deja Moo: the feeling you have heard this bull before.

    Good to the last supper

  9. Re: [News] Wine 1.1.3 Released

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >

    >> Exactly what do you do for a living?
    >>
    >> Exactly what software do you use to make a living?

    > Questions questions questions! And no answers!

    That's 'cause you're a chicken**** liar and fraud, little guy. You continue
    to make a living using or developing on or for Windows, but at night you
    think you can
    tell everyone else to switch to Linux and [laughably] make sure their
    Windows code is 'Wine-compliant'.

    > Why does a pro-micoshaft prick like you claim I made my living writing
    > software for Micoshaft?

    Not for Microsoft, moron. For Windows.

    Here's where you flat-out stated you were a Windows developer: "As a
    windummy programmer, I know that ain't ever gonna be true."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....81524efd2681c1

    Plus: "I used to be a Veebee coder but because its full of crap the
    applications it turns out just takes too long to debug. So I found Gambas
    (now turned
    into Gambas2). On one project, what took me two weeks turned into 3 to 4
    month conversion to Veebee. Its just so crap with all that .NIT framework
    that just doesn't work."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....4287c659f335c4

    > And so for the umpteenth time,

    What umpteenth time? This is the 2nd time you've ever asked that question.

    > when are going to show
    > me one statement where I claimed to
    > have written any code for the windummy platform over the last 3 years?

    March 31, 2008: "As a windummy programmer, I know that ain't ever gonna be
    true."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....81524efd2681c1

    And you claimed to own hundreds of Windows-software apps on CD. When are
    you going to get rid of all that good Windows code and switch to
    Linux? Answer: Never.

  10. Re: [News] Wine 1.1.3 Released

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 14:48:10 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    >> wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >>

    >>> Exactly what do you do for a living?
    >>>
    >>> Exactly what software do you use to make a living?

    >> Questions questions questions! And no answers!

    > That's 'cause you're a chicken**** liar and fraud, little guy. You continue
    > to make a living using or developing on or for Windows, but at night you
    > think you can
    > tell everyone else to switch to Linux and [laughably] make sure their
    > Windows code is 'Wine-compliant'.
    >

    >> Why does a pro-micoshaft prick like you claim I made my living writing
    >> software for Micoshaft?

    > Not for Microsoft, moron. For Windows.
    >
    > Here's where you flat-out stated you were a Windows developer: "As a
    > windummy programmer, I know that ain't ever gonna be true."
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....81524efd2681c1
    >
    > Plus: "I used to be a Veebee coder but because its full of crap the
    > applications it turns out just takes too long to debug. So I found Gambas
    > (now turned
    > into Gambas2). On one project, what took me two weeks turned into 3 to 4
    > month conversion to Veebee. Its just so crap with all that .NIT framework
    > that just doesn't work."
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....4287c659f335c4
    >

    >> And so for the umpteenth time,

    > What umpteenth time? This is the 2nd time you've ever asked that question.
    >

    >> when are going to show
    >> me one statement where I claimed to
    >> have written any code for the windummy platform over the last 3 years?

    > March 31, 2008: "As a windummy programmer, I know that ain't ever gonna be
    > true."
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....81524efd2681c1
    >

    > And you claimed to own hundreds of Windows-software apps on CD. When are
    > you going to get rid of all that good Windows code and switch to
    > Linux? Answer: Never.

    Game, Set, Match...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb