Flash 10 - Linux

This is a discussion on Flash 10 - Linux ; I'm a bit behind the times on this one. http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/ And if you're on a 64-bit system, here's some help: http://blog.pvital.org/2008/05/19/fl...4-bit-firefox/ -- The person who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything....

  1. Flash 10

    --
    The person who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.

  2. Re: Flash 10

    On Aug 22, 9:54*am, Linonut wrote:
    > I'm a bit behind the times on this one.
    >
    > * *http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/
    >
    > And if you're on a 64-bit system, here's some help:
    >
    > * *http://blog.pvital.org/2008/05/19/fl...n-working-in-a...
    >
    > --
    > The person who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.

    Pre_release works great on Ubuntu 8.04, 32 bit.
    But the installer only knew about Mozilla.
    What about Opera? And the others?

  3. Re: Flash 10

    * Psyc Geek (TAB) peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Aug 22, 9:54*am, Linonut wrote:
    >> I'm a bit behind the times on this one.
    >>
    >> * *http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/
    >>
    >> And if you're on a 64-bit system, here's some help:
    >>
    >> * *http://blog.pvital.org/2008/05/19/fl...n-working-in-a...

    > Pre_release works great on Ubuntu 8.04, 32 bit.
    > But the installer only knew about Mozilla.
    > What about Opera? And the others?

    Ask at opera.com. Same for the others that don't use mozilla plugins.

    I've never been fond of Opera, so don't know much about it.

    --
    A serious public debate about the validity of astrology? A serious believer
    in the White House? Two of them? Give me a break. What stifled my laughter

  4. Re: Flash 10

    On 2008-08-22, Linonut wrote:
    > * Psyc Geek (TAB) peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Aug 22, 9:54*am, Linonut wrote:
    >>> I'm a bit behind the times on this one.
    >>>
    >>> * *http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/
    >>>
    >>> And if you're on a 64-bit system, here's some help:
    >>>
    >>> * *http://blog.pvital.org/2008/05/19/fl...n-working-in-a...

    >> Pre_release works great on Ubuntu 8.04, 32 bit.
    >> But the installer only knew about Mozilla.
    >> What about Opera? And the others?

    > Ask at opera.com. Same for the others that don't use mozilla plugins.
    >
    > I've never been fond of Opera, so don't know much about it.

    This guy acts like he's never used plugins on Opera before...

    --
    If you are going to judge Linux based on how easy
    it is to get onto a Macintosh. Let's try installing |||

  5. Re: Flash 10

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:09:54 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > On Aug 22, 9:54*am, Linonut wrote:
    >> I'm a bit behind the times on this one.
    >>
    >> * *http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/
    >>
    >> And if you're on a 64-bit system, here's some help:
    >>
    >> * *http://blog.pvital.org/2008/05/19/fl...n-working-in-a...
    >>
    >> --
    >> The person who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.

    > Pre_release works great on Ubuntu 8.04, 32 bit.
    > But the installer only knew about Mozilla.
    > What about Opera? And the others?

    That's typical with plugins on Linux browsers.
    Sometimes it happens with Windows as well, especially if you have IE,
    firefox and Opera on the same system.
    I usually have to do a "find plugins" with Opera and then it works.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: Flash 10

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:36:44 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-08-22, Linonut wrote:
    >> * Psyc Geek (TAB) peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Pre_release works great on Ubuntu 8.04, 32 bit.
    >>> But the installer only knew about Mozilla.
    >>> What about Opera? And the others?

    >> Ask at opera.com. Same for the others that don't use mozilla plugins.
    >>
    >> I've never been fond of Opera, so don't know much about it.

    > This guy acts like he's never used plugins on Opera before...

    No.
    He expects to install a plugin and have it appear in all the browsers that
    Linux uses.
    Seems reasonable to me.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Flash 10

    >> This guy acts like he's never used plugins on Opera before...

    > No.
    > He expects to install a plugin and have it appear in all the browsers that
    > Linux uses.
    > Seems reasonable to me.

    It's not. Opera is a commercial outfit; what is their emphasis? Linux,
    Mac, or Windows?

    You always talk about how it is reasonable for hardware vendors to not
    bother to support Linux, so why not a commercial browser?

    Next you'll be wanting lynx, links, w3m, and dillo to be supporting
    Flash, too.

    It all begs the question, what does Opera support? As I said, I don't
    know, and I don't care to dig.

    --
    Klingon phaser attack from front!!!!!
    100% Damage to life support!!!!

  8. Re: Flash 10

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:29:21 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >>> This guy acts like he's never used plugins on Opera before...

    >> No.
    >> He expects to install a plugin and have it appear in all the browsers that
    >> Linux uses.
    >> Seems reasonable to me.

    > It's not. Opera is a commercial outfit; what is their emphasis? Linux,
    > Mac, or Windows?
    >
    > You always talk about how it is reasonable for hardware vendors to not
    > bother to support Linux, so why not a commercial browser?
    >
    > Next you'll be wanting lynx, links, w3m, and dillo to be supporting
    > Flash, too.
    >
    > It all begs the question, what does Opera support? As I said, I don't
    > know, and I don't care to dig.

    So why doesn't these plugins appear in Konqueror as well?
    Last time I loaded some plugins they appeared in firefox only.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: Flash 10

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:33:19 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:29:21 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> No.
    >>> He expects to install a plugin and have it appear in all the browsers that
    >>> Linux uses.
    >>> Seems reasonable to me.

    >> It's not. Opera is a commercial outfit; what is their emphasis? Linux,
    >> Mac, or Windows?
    >>
    >> You always talk about how it is reasonable for hardware vendors to not
    >> bother to support Linux, so why not a commercial browser?
    >>
    >> Next you'll be wanting lynx, links, w3m, and dillo to be supporting
    >> Flash, too.
    >>
    >> It all begs the question, what does Opera support? As I said, I don't
    >> know, and I don't care to dig.

    > So why doesn't these plugins appear in Konqueror as well?
    > Last time I loaded some plugins they appeared in firefox only.

    I've aborted the English language...you get the drift though

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: Flash 10

    > So why doesn't these plugins appear in Konqueror as well?
    > Last time I loaded some plugins they appeared in firefox only.

    Uh, because those plugins are for mozilla/gecko-based browsers?

    Duh!

    --
    "The road to hell is paved with melting snowballs."
    -- Larry Wall in <1992Jul2.222039.26476@netlabs.com>

  11. Re: Flash 10

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:36:39 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> So why doesn't these plugins appear in Konqueror as well?
    >>> Last time I loaded some plugins they appeared in firefox only.

    >> Uh, because those plugins are for mozilla/gecko-based browsers?
    >>
    >> Duh!

    > Isn't Konqueror geko based?

    No. It can use Gecko. But that is not the default
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    If it starts working, we'll fix it. Pronto.

  12. Re: Flash 10

    * Peter Köhlmann peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Uh, because those plugins are for mozilla/gecko-based browsers?

    >> Isn't Konqueror geko based?

    > No. It can use Gecko. But that is not the default

    Huh? Wow, I didn't know Konqueror could use gecko!

    --
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
    -- H. L. Mencken

  13. Re: Flash 10

    On 2008-08-23, Linonut wrote:
    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> So why doesn't these plugins appear in Konqueror as well?
    >> Last time I loaded some plugins they appeared in firefox only.

    > Uh, because those plugins are for mozilla/gecko-based browsers?
    >
    > Duh!

    ....actually, all this does is show that Moshe doesn't have a clue.

    Big surprise there.

    Flash works quite well in Konqueror.

    --

    It is not true that Microsoft doesn't innovate.

    They brought us the email virus.

    In my Atari days, such a notion would have |||
    been considered a complete absurdity. / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

  14. Re: Flash 10

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:17:28 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-08-23, Linonut wrote:
    >> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> So why doesn't these plugins appear in Konqueror as well?
    >>> Last time I loaded some plugins they appeared in firefox only.

    >> Uh, because those plugins are for mozilla/gecko-based browsers?
    >>
    >> Duh!
    >>

    > ...actually, all this does is show that Moshe doesn't have a clue.
    >
    > Big surprise there.
    >
    > Flash works quite well in Konqueror.

    Learn to read dude....
    I never said it didn't.
    I said that when it gets installed why can't it install itself for all the
    browsers automatically?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: Flash 10

    > Learn to read dude....
    > I never said it didn't.
    > I said that when it gets installed why can't it install itself for all the
    > browsers automatically?

    Different packaging, that's why.

    --
    All I kin say is when you finds yo'self wanderin' in a peach orchard,
    ya don't go lookin' for rutabagas.

+ Reply to Thread