Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock - Linux

This is a discussion on Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock - Linux ; But then again... it's more important that *his* posts appear at the top in this newsgroup. What anyone else has to say doesn't matter. To Roy it's all about Spamowitz. ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **...

  1. Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    But then again... it's more important that *his* posts appear at the top in
    this newsgroup. What anyone else has to say doesn't matter. To Roy it's all
    about Spamowitz.

  2. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:48:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > But then again... it's more important that *his* posts appear at the top in
    > this newsgroup. What anyone else has to say doesn't matter. To Roy it's all
    > about Spamowitz.

    That's exactly why he is doing it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:48:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> But then again... it's more important that *his* posts appear at the top in
    >> this newsgroup. What anyone else has to say doesn't matter. To Roy it's all
    >> about Spamowitz.

    > That's exactly why he is doing it.

    His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.

    --
    If you just try long enough and hard enough, you can always manage to
    boot yourself in the posterior.

  4. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:34:52 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:48:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> But then again... it's more important that *his* posts appear at the top in
    >>> this newsgroup. What anyone else has to say doesn't matter. To Roy it's all
    >>> about Spamowitz.

    >> That's exactly why he is doing it.

    > His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.

    Mine either

    That's not the point though....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:34:52 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:48:01 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> But then again... it's more important that *his* posts appear at the
    >>> top in this newsgroup. What anyone else has to say doesn't matter. To
    >>> Roy it's all about Spamowitz.

    >> That's exactly why he is doing it.

    > His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.

    Roy's posts aren't at the top in my newsreader. They appear in the correct
    chronological sequence.
    Looks like the trolls can't even set their own newsreaders correctly!

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ

  6. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    >> His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.

    > Mine either
    > That's not the point though....

    Okay, a little test of my system: I will send this at exactly
    11:12:00 on my system.

    --
    Moonchild without an opinion? Satan is skating to work tomorrow!
    -- Brett Manz

  7. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:24:08 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:34:52 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> That's exactly why he is doing it.

    >> His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.

    > Roy's posts aren't at the top in my newsreader. They appear in the correct
    > chronological sequence.
    > Looks like the trolls can't even set their own newsreaders correctly!

    Yea... and they are 45 minutes in the future.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:12:00 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >>> His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.

    >> Mine either
    >> That's not the point though....

    > Okay, a little test of my system: I will send this at exactly
    > 11:12:00 on my system.

    You passed....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:12:00 -0400

    I dunno. /Somebody's/ got a bad system clock. Mine use's NTP. Looking
    at this site:

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    I am at most one second off.

    Wow, I am doing better than my frickin' ISP, who says I post nearly 4.5
    minutes before that was possible!

    --
    Age before beauty; and pearls before swine.
    -- Dorothy Parker

  10. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    > On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:24:08 +0100, William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:34:52 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> His posts /never/ appear at the top in my reader. Ever.

    >> Roy's posts aren't at the top in my newsreader. They appear in the correct
    >> chronological sequence.
    >> Looks like the trolls can't even set their own newsreaders correctly!

    > Yea... and they are 45 minutes in the future.....

    Actually, they may be 15 minutes in the past:

    Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:16:18 +0000

    http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html

    United Kingdom not on GMT in the summer

    The United Kingdom is not on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) when it
    observes daylight saving time in the summer months. In fact, it
    observes British Summer Time (BST), which is one hour ahead of GMT,
    in this period.

    --
    Natural laws have no pity.

  11. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:31:09 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Roy's posts aren't at the top in my newsreader. They appear in the
    >>> correct chronological sequence.
    >>> Looks like the trolls can't even set their own newsreaders correctly!

    >> Yea... and they are 45 minutes in the future.....

    > Actually, they may be 15 minutes in the past:

    > 2008 16:16:18 +0000
    >
    > http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html
    >
    > United Kingdom not on GMT in the summer
    >
    > The United Kingdom is not on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) when it observes
    > daylight saving time in the summer months. In fact, it observes British
    > Summer Time (BST), which is one hour ahead of GMT, in this period.

    Yup, that's right.

    Here, you show as:

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ
    ˙snɹıʌ ǝzopuıʍ $ɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝǝɹɟ %00⇂
    -- sɯǝʇsʎs xnuıl/nuƃ --

  12. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    ____/ William Poaster on Saturday 23 August 2008 22:05 : \____

    > On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:31:09 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Yea... and they are 45 minutes in the future.....

    >> Actually, they may be 15 minutes in the past:

    >> 2008 16:16:18 +0000
    >>
    >> http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html
    >>
    >> United Kingdom not on GMT in the summer
    >>
    >> The United Kingdom is not on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) when it observes
    >> daylight saving time in the summer months. In fact, it observes British
    >> Summer Time (BST), which is one hour ahead of GMT, in this period.

    > Yup, that's right.
    >
    > Here, you show as:

    My clock on this box has always been set correctly. I didn't enable network
    sync with a clocking server although it's a tick box away.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Apache: commercial software's days are numbered
    Tasks: 138 total, 1 running, 137 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  13. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 00:59:19 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ William Poaster on Saturday 23 August 2008 22:05 : \____
    >
    >> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:31:09 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Actually, they may be 15 minutes in the past:

    >>> Aug 2008 16:16:18 +0000
    >>>
    >>> http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html
    >>>
    >>> United Kingdom not on GMT in the summer
    >>>
    >>> The United Kingdom is not on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) when it
    >>> observes daylight saving time in the summer months. In fact, it
    >>> observes British Summer Time (BST), which is one hour ahead of GMT,
    >>> in this period.

    >> Yup, that's right.
    >>
    >> Here, you show as:

    > My clock on this box has always been set correctly. I didn't enable
    > network sync with a clocking server although it's a tick box away.

    The troll is getting deperate, & is just uttering its usual crap IMO.

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ
    ˙snɹıʌ ǝzopuıʍ $ɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝǝɹɟ %00⇂
    -- sɯǝʇsʎs xnuıl/nuƃ --

  14. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    > My clock on this box has always been set correctly. I didn't enable network
    > sync with a clocking server although it's a tick box away.

    I'm wondering why your post appears on a server in the Midwest US now
    (based on the time zone).

    Different routing of news by AT&T?

    --
    It seems that more and more mathematicians are using a new, high level
    language named "research student".

  15. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 10:04:46 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    >> My clock on this box has always been set correctly. I didn't enable network
    >> sync with a clocking server although it's a tick box away.

    > I'm wondering why your post appears on a server in the Midwest US now
    > (based on the time zone).
    >
    > Different routing of news by AT&T?

    Schestowitz as usual is lying.

    Schestowitz posts through Mark Kent's server and ISP (via ssh or similar)
    yet Mark Kent's posts appear to have the correct time but Roy's do not.

    The test post you posted Linonut showed up within a minute of my clock...

    BTW we are not talking about a couple of minutes off either way, he has
    been 45 minutes to almost 1 hour in the future and it has nothing to do
    with GMT, time zones etc.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:31:09 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Roy's posts aren't at the top in my newsreader. They appear in the
    >>> correct chronological sequence.
    >>> Looks like the trolls can't even set their own newsreaders correctly!

    >> Yea... and they are 45 minutes in the future.....

    > Actually, they may be 15 minutes in the past:

    > 2008 16:16:18 +0000
    >
    > http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html
    >
    > United Kingdom not on GMT in the summer
    >
    > The United Kingdom is not on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) when it observes
    > daylight saving time in the summer months. In fact, it observes British
    > Summer Time (BST), which is one hour ahead of GMT, in this period.

    Yup, that's right.

    Here, you show as:

    --
    ? ?o?? ?u?s s?? ???ss?? si??
    p???u???n? si ??i?? ???nd?o?

  17. Re: Roy Schestowitz still too stupid to set his system clock

    ____/ Some trolls on Monday 25 August 2008 06:48 : \____

    > On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 00:59:19 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> ____/ William Poaster on Saturday 23 August 2008 22:05 : \____

    >>> Yup, that's right.
    >>>
    >>> Here, you show as:

    >> My clock on this box has always been set correctly. I didn't enable
    >> network sync with a clocking server although it's a tick box away.

    > The troll is getting deperate, & is just uttering its usual crap IMO.

    motzarella.org troll resorting to intimidation tactics by forging.

    *PLONK*

    Microsoft must be getting desperate. No wonder, it had lost over $100 billion.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | 'Analysts' have no credibility; they have clients
    Tasks: 148 total, 3 running, 145 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

+ Reply to Thread