Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site - Linux ; On Aug 21, 7:13*pm, Tattoo Vampire wrote: > We like to reply to phone calls and e-mails as quickly as possible and not > leave people waiting and wondering if we even received their message. > > Translation: You're sure ...

  1. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    On Aug 21, 7:13*pm, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > We like to reply to phone calls and e-mails as quickly as possible and not
    > leave people waiting and wondering if we even received their message.
    >
    > Translation: You're sure to get a quick response because I'm at my computer
    > desk 24/7/365. I don't ever need to leave it (except to use the crapper and
    > sleep) because my spouse brings home the bacon.
    >
    > Often we can offer a solution; if we cannot maybe we know someone who can..
    >
    > Translation: When I'm unable to fix your problems due to my technical
    > incompetence, I'll call a real expert.
    >
    > My wife, Anne has a passion for photography, especially when it comes to
    > photographing people of various ages. She has creative, original ideas that
    > are both fun and beautiful. She enjoys using natural lighting as much as
    > possible and has found people are more relaxed in their own setting,
    > resulting in a better photo. Her work can be used for personal or for
    > professional reasons, depending on your needs.
    >
    > Translation: As I already said, she's the one who actually works, while I
    > play on Usenet and post "educational" YouTube videos no one actually
    > watches.
    >
    > After 20 years in the business I have tackled many other types of jobs as
    > well, from creating customizable bell systems and report card systems for
    > schools to the outright bizarre job of helping to design a fruit-fly
    > speedometer (yes, a tool to measure the speed of flies!)
    >
    > I am proficient with many software packages and have spent years learning
    > how to work with them in concert to solve problems others have thought were
    > impossible or would simply be too expensive to be worth the effort. I
    > welcome the challenges others have said were "impossible" or completely
    > impractical. Often I find a way.
    >
    > Translation: You'll note that I don't actually provide ANYTHING to back up
    > my claims above, except for a "portfolio" of sites I "helped" with, and
    > links to my "educational" videos. Hopefully my big pile of "I love me"
    > screed will obfuscate this issue. As the saying goes, if you can't dazzle
    > 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bull****.
    >
    > My office is in my home and I answer calls from about 8 AM to about 6 PM.
    > Please respect that as you call.
    >
    > Translation: I don't actually have an office phone, that's my home number..
    > I can't afford a dedicated line with voicemail or fax as a real business
    > would have.

    "Interpreting Snit's business site"

    Translation: I have an unhealthy obsession with a Usenet poster.

    Seriously, out of all the people who post in this group, out of all
    the stupid trolls that have been started, you're going to hammer on
    Snit non-stop? I mean ****, at least pick on Snit the Usenet poster
    and not Snit the person. And before you go blabbering about defending
    Snit or some ****, I've said the same thing about posts about William
    Poaster's real name, Maverick's real name, HPT's real name, etc. The
    people (person?) behind those is ****ing stupid, and you're acting no
    better.

  2. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    "cc" stated in post
    3d2dd15c-264c-4b7d-8dda-7f2ec18ff367...oglegroups.com on 8/21/08
    6:31 PM:

    > On Aug 21, 7:13*pm, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > "Interpreting Snit's business site"
    >
    > Translation: I have an unhealthy obsession with a Usenet poster.
    >
    > Seriously, out of all the people who post in this group, out of all
    > the stupid trolls that have been started, you're going to hammer on
    > Snit non-stop? I mean ****, at least pick on Snit the Usenet poster
    > and not Snit the person. And before you go blabbering about defending
    > Snit or some ****, I've said the same thing about posts about William
    > Poaster's real name, Maverick's real name, HPT's real name, etc. The
    > people (person?) behind those is ****ing stupid, and you're acting no
    > better.

    Absolutely agree... there are a lot of people in COLA (and CSMA) who are
    embarrassed by their lack of technical knowledge so they lash out against
    those they fear have more and thus, in their minds, make them look bad.
    Peter Khlmann, Rick, Tattoo Vampire, Sandman, Steve Carroll, Tim Adams,
    Thufir, William "Geoff M. Fitton" Poaster and others fit that description.

    I have *repeatedly* noted I would prefer to talk about Linux and technology
    in general.

    --
    .... something I'm committed to work on, focusing increasing amounts of
    resources of Canonical on figuring out on how we actually move the desktop

  3. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    Snit wrote:

    > Absolutely agree... there are a lot of people in COLA (and CSMA) who are
    > embarrassed by their lack of technical knowledge

    I'm not embarrassed by my supposed lack of technical knowledge, I just think
    you're a fraud, a phony, a charlatan and a liar.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Those who live by the sword... kill those who don't.

    Good to the last supper

  4. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    1kimh8d0v9rr0$.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 8/21/08 7:50 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> Absolutely agree... there are a lot of people in COLA (and CSMA) who are
    >> embarrassed by their lack of technical knowledge

    > I'm not embarrassed by my supposed lack of technical knowledge, I just think
    > you're a fraud, a phony, a charlatan and a liar.

    If you *really* thought that you would point to my comments in COLA and
    point out the reasons you felt I was wrong. If you could rise to that level
    then maybe - just maybe - you could actually hold your end of an interesting
    conversation instead of advertising how insecure you are... which, really,
    is all this thread is about.

    If you are looking to find holes in my views or think I am wrong then quote
    things I have said about, say, GUI issues and state why you think I am wrong
    and - if you can - offer support. If you can do so then maybe we can *both*
    learn something.

    --
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    --Albert Einstein

  5. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:33:35 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > I have *repeatedly* noted I would prefer to talk about Linux and
    > technology in general.

    Which "note" is orthogonal to your behaviour.

    -Thufir

  6. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 22:50:13 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> Absolutely agree... there are a lot of people in COLA (and CSMA) who
    >> are embarrassed by their lack of technical knowledge

    > I'm not embarrassed by my supposed lack of technical knowledge, I just
    > think you're a fraud, a phony, a charlatan and a liar.

    LOL, no, really, what do you *really* think of snit?

    -Thufir

  7. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    Snit wrote:

    > If you *really* thought that you would point to my comments in COLA and
    > point out the reasons you felt I was wrong. If you could rise to that level
    > then maybe - just maybe - you could actually hold your end of an interesting
    > conversation instead of advertising how insecure you are... which, really,
    > is all this thread is about.

    I happen to genuinely believe your business is bogus, for various reasons. I
    also think you're here to troll, and your current mode of "let's talk Linux"
    is just another means to that end. You can never, ever admit you're wrong -
    you must be correct 100% of the time. You're incapable of engaging in
    serious conversation unless it's with one of your fellow trolls.

    Nothing to do with my "insecurity" but everything to do with you being a
    preening, narcissistic poser.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Ensign Pillsbury? He's BREAD, Jim......

    Good to the last supper

  8. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    "thufir" stated in post
    Abqrk.102857$nD.44422@pd7urf1no on 8/21/08 8:15 PM:

    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:33:35 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >

    >> I have *repeatedly* noted I would prefer to talk about Linux and
    >> technology in general.

    > Which "note" is orthogonal to your behaviour.

    I talk about Linux, technology, and respond to people who are desperate for
    attention - such as you (face it, that is why you troll me).

    --
    I can't say we will succeed at this, but we will make a significant attempt
    to elevate the Linux desktop to the point where it is as good or better than

  9. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    "thufir" stated in post
    mcqrk.25447$hx.19944@pd7urf3no on 8/21/08 8:16 PM:

    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 22:50:13 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> Absolutely agree... there are a lot of people in COLA (and CSMA) who
    >>> are embarrassed by their lack of technical knowledge

    >> I'm not embarrassed by my supposed lack of technical knowledge, I just
    >> think you're a fraud, a phony, a charlatan and a liar.

    > LOL, no, really, what do you *really* think of snit?

    He thinks he has embarrassed himself so he is lashing out. That is what he
    *really* thinks. If he *really* believed what he wrote he would talk about
    where my comments on technology have been inaccurate - and he would do so
    with specific quotes. He will *never* do that... which shows not even he
    believes his BS.

    --
    When thinking changes your mind, that's philosophy.
    When God changes your mind, that's faith.

  10. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    1vvixk1hrjk2z.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 8/21/08 8:29 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> If you *really* thought that you would point to my comments in COLA and
    >> point out the reasons you felt I was wrong. If you could rise to that level
    >> then maybe - just maybe - you could actually hold your end of an interesting
    >> conversation instead of advertising how insecure you are... which, really,
    >> is all this thread is about.

    > I happen to genuinely believe your business is bogus, for various reasons.

    None of them reasonable, logical, or relevant to this forum. Again, even if
    your fabrications were accurate *so what*? Really? Are you in the market
    looking for a business such as mine? If so and if you do not like me then
    do not use my services - but what the heck does that have to do with COLA?

    The answer is *nothing*. Absolutely nothing. You and others tie your BS to
    my personal and professional info *not* because you believe the BS you spew
    - if you did you would at least *try* to support it. You spew your BS
    because you know with the on-topic discussions I have been able to not only
    support my points very, very well but I say things you *emotionally* do not
    like... but cannot refute.

    > I also think you're here to troll, and your current mode of "let's talk Linux"
    > is just another means to that end. You can never, ever admit you're wrong -
    > you must be correct 100% of the time.

    Clearly you are incorrect... and yet you will not admit to it. The irony is
    hilarious! But, hey, if you really believe what you say then talk about
    some of these things I refuse to admit I am wrong about and show why you
    think I am wrong. Do it! Come on, rise to the occasion and support your
    claim.

    But you won't. Not even you believe your BS.

    > You're incapable of engaging in serious
    > conversation unless it's with one of your fellow trolls.

    Yawn. I do respond to your trolling and the trolling of people with even
    lower self esteem than you. Oh well.

    > Nothing to do with my "insecurity" but everything to do with you being a
    > preening, narcissistic poser.

    See how you lash out with *no* support or evidence or, well, anything of any
    value. You are - as you have admitted - simply trolling.

    --
    I think we [the folks who make Linux desktops] don't yet deliver a good
    enough user experience.

  11. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 03:15:44 +0000, thufir wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:33:35 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >

    >> I have *repeatedly* noted I would prefer to talk about Linux and
    >> technology in general.

    > Which "note" is orthogonal to your behaviour.

    Michael Snit Glasser, typical troll tactic of trying to divert attention
    away from its nefarious trolling activities.
    As for "talking about Linux and technology in general", the troll would
    more than likely twist your words anyway. Or make things up about what you
    supposedly said, e.g: Santa Clause being a Linux coder. So IMO there's no
    point in discussing *anything* with "The Prescott Computer Guy".

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ

  12. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 22:50:13 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> Absolutely agree... there are a lot of people in COLA (and CSMA) who are
    >> embarrassed by their lack of technical knowledge

    > I'm not embarrassed by my supposed lack of technical knowledge, I just
    > think you're a fraud, a phony, a charlatan and a liar.

    He seems to think that the difference between files & folders is technical
    knowledge! ;-)

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ
    ˙snɹıʌ ǝzopuıʍ $ɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝǝɹɟ %00⇂
    -- sɯǝʇsʎs xnuıl/nuƃ --

  13. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    Snit wrote:

    > He thinks he has embarrassed himself so he is lashing out.

    What do I have to be embarrassed about, Glasser? Please tell me since you
    know everything in the world.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Psychoceramics: The study of crackpots.

    Good to the last supper

  14. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:23:02 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> He thinks he has embarrassed himself so he is lashing out.

    > What do I have to be embarrassed about, Glasser? Please tell me since you
    > know everything in the world.

    Man, Michael Snit Glasser is *really* scewed up, isn't he!

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ
    ˙snɹıʌ ǝzopuıʍ $ɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝǝɹɟ %00⇂
    -- sɯǝʇsʎs xnuıl/nuƃ --

  15. Re: Intepreting Snot's "business" site

    William Poaster wrote:

    > Man, Michael Snit Glasser is *really* scewed up, isn't he!

    He's an interesting psychological study. He crawls with clues, all of which
    point to his being a paranoid personality.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....My other computer runs the Enterprise.

    Good to the last supper

+ Reply to Thread