Send to Google Docs Opens Any Linked Document Directly in Google Docs

,----[ Quote ]
| The new entry is context sensitive, so it only appears when you right click
| supported filetypes, which include Word docs, PDFs, PowerPoint, Excel, and
| every Open Document format.
`----

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/tips/20...le_docs-2.html

First US Training Courses for Leading Open-Source Data Mining Solution
RapidMiner

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source software is nowadays widely used and turns out to be a reliable
| and often more powerful alternative to closed source-software. This is
| especially true in the case of software for data mining, predictive data
| analysis, and business intelligence (BI). Open-source based solutions in this
| field provide powerful functionality for a price much less than that for
| proprietary alternatives.
`----

http://www.pr-inside.com/first-us-tr...ng-r766592.htm

Recent:

Ovum analysis: Rapid-I pushes open source data mining forward

,----[ Quote ]
| Ovum analyst Laurent Lachal compares RapidMiner to its proprietary
| counterparts SAS and SPSS and writes: “RapidMiner is more generic, with a
| stronger focus on flexibility, expandability, artificial intelligence methods
| and meta-learning, as well as on the data mining process as a whole,
| including arbitrary process nesting and automated optimisation.
`----

http://www.pressebox.de/pressemeldun...id-193232.html

German Rapid-I pushes open source data mining forward

,----[ Quote ]

http://www.ovum.com/news/euronews.asp?id=7137