Dialogic's Dworkin to Address Open Source Community

,----[ Quote ]
| GG: What do you think the biggest new trends in open source telephony will be
| in the next 12 months?
|
| JD: Of course, we are hoping that enabling other Dialogic products to be more
| easily used by open source developers will cause the biggest trend in the
| next 12 months. In addition, we feel that a number of open source telephony
| projects are gaining traction in the market. While some may view these as
| competitors to Asterisk, we believe that this will spur competition and drive
| technical innovation in the space.
`----

http://asterisk.tmcnet.com/topics/op...-community.htm

CFO Buy-In Critical To Open Source Success

,----[ Quote ]
| GG: What do you think the biggest new trends in open source telephony will be
| in the next 12 months?
|
| RC: Changes in open source telephony never cease to amaze me. We are limited
| only by the imagination of the community of open source developers who don’t
| seem to understand the phrase, “That can’t be done.” I look forward to many
| surprises that will allow me continue to improve the performance of my own
| organization.
`----

http://asterisk.tmcnet.com/topics/op...ce-success.htm

Open Source, Masochists, Friendly Puppies… Sounds Like Fun!

,----[ Quote ]
| GG: What do you think the biggest new trends in open source telephony will be
| in the next 12 months?
|
| JVM: Lately I have been seeing some telecom heavyweights take an interest in
| open source telecom. Given that the market share for open source telecom is
| barely a thin line on the pie chart that represents the telecom industry as a
| whole, I am hopeful this interest is going to stimulate a new surge of
| innovation, as well as more support for the concepts of interoperability and
| commoditization, both things incumbent industries have traditionally had a
| hard time with.
`----

http://asterisk.tmcnet.com/topics/as...s-like-fun.htm

Recent:

The Impact of Open Source VoIP

,----[ Quote ]
| The second part of the story of the impact of Open Source VoIP to the whole
| telecom market is made of softphones and stacks. Ekiga (formerly known as
| GnomeMeeting), Linphone or PhoneGaim, just to name some, have been a great
| source of knowledge for new entrant developers in this field and a great way
| for providers to offer a cheap way to make phone calls from your PC.
`----

http://www.lucafiligheddu.com/2008/0...urce-voip.html

Related:

Asterisk is More Than Just a Phone System

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally, I can think of about 25 things (don’t worry I am not competing)
| that I have heard people do with Asterisk and as the visibility and viability
| of open source communications continues to grow, more and more applications
| and uses are coming out each and every day. In a effort to have a little fun
| and to catalog the many uses and applications of Asterisk, VoIP Supply has
| partnered with Digium, the creators of Asterisk, to run a contest here on the
| VoIP Insider to find 101 things you can do with Asterisk.
`----

http://blog.voipsupply.com/asterisk-...-with-asterisk

Linux dominating VoIP devices?

,----[ Quote ]