[News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft? - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft? - Linux ; It's unclear why the titan even has to advertise; its highly successful Windows Vista and Zune media player products have dominated the landscape for ... I'm sorry. I just can't type anymore. I'm laughing too hard. http://www.tuaw.com/2008/08/21/whats...for-microsoft/...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

  1. [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    It's unclear why the titan even has to advertise; its highly
    successful Windows Vista and Zune media player products have dominated
    the landscape for ... I'm sorry. I just can't type anymore. I'm
    laughing too hard.

    http://www.tuaw.com/2008/08/21/whats...for-microsoft/

  2. Re: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    In article
    <63dfe2c8-0e6b-45a2-a43e-7a369e48d26b@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    "nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu" wrote:

    > It's unclear why the titan even has to advertise; its highly
    > successful Windows Vista and Zune media player products have dominated
    > the landscape for ... I'm sorry. I just can't type anymore. I'm
    > laughing too hard.

    I guess with the Zune they aren't satisfied with merely dominating all
    those Linux "iPod Killers" that people have raved about here, and want
    to actually try to make headway against Apple.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  3. Re: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    Timmy wrote:

    >all those Linux "iPod Killers" that people have raved about here,

    Will you, finally, prove that "people have raved about" "iPod Killers"
    in here, Timmy twit?

  4. Re: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    In article ,
    chrisv wrote:

    > >all those Linux "iPod Killers" that people have raved about here,

    > Will you, finally, prove that "people have raved about" "iPod Killers"

    Links were posted a while back (as you know, of course).

    --
    --Tim Smith

  5. Re: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    Timmy wrote:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >> >all those Linux "iPod Killers" that people have raved about here,

    >> Will you, finally, prove that "people have raved about" "iPod Killers"

    >Links were posted a while back

    It appears that your answer is "no".

    >(as you know, of course).

    It appears that your mind-reading skills are right up-there with your
    counting and logic skills, Timmy. Not so good, in other words.

  6. Re: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    In article <92cta4hobld41273ms0ubnabi4hb37o0go@4ax.com>,
    chrisv wrote:

    > >Links were posted a while back

    > It appears that your answer is "no".
    >
    > >(as you know, of course).

    > It appears that your mind-reading skills are right up-there with your

    Several links were posted, a mere three months ago, in a thread you were
    participating in, in direct response to a request for them from you.
    Feel free now to stop pretending you didn't see them, and go back and
    answer the several questions you've been running from in this thread.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  7. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    On Aug 22, 11:42*am, Tim Smith
    wrote:
    > In article <92cta4hobld41273ms0ubnabi4hb37o...@4ax.com>,
    >
    > *chrisv wrote:
    >
    > > >Links were posted a while back

    > > It appears that your answer is "no".

    > > >(as you know, of course).

    > > It appears that your mind-reading skills are right up-there with your

    > Several links were posted, a mere three months ago, in a thread you were
    > participating in, in direct response to a request for them from you. *
    > Feel free now to stop pretending you didn't see them, and go back and
    > answer the several questions you've been running from in this thread.
    >
    > --
    > --Tim Smith

    I don't remember such links, but I don't read everything. It would
    make a difference whether the "iPod killer" stories were by a cola
    regular, and who, or whether it was a blog or an article saying that.
    I myself never did. Good luck, by the way, to Zune in making headway
    against Apple. Looks to me like Apple is running circles around
    Microsoft right now.

  8. Re: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    Timmy wrote:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >> >
    >> >Links were posted a while back

    >> It appears that your answer is "no".
    >>
    >> >(as you know, of course).

    >> It appears that your mind-reading skills are right up-there with your

    >Several links were posted, a mere three months ago,

    LOL "mere"

    >in a thread you were
    >participating in, in direct response to a request for them from you.

    Sure, Timmy. I'd ask you to prove this, but you'd likely just evade,
    as usual...

    In any case, I do not recall seeing *anyone* prove the allegations
    regarding "Linux iPod killers".

    >Feel free now to stop pretending you didn't see them,

    Wouldn't I have to start, before I stop, Timmy?

    >and go back and
    >answer the several questions you've been running from in this thread.

    What questions have I been running-from, Timmy? Are you drunk?

  9. Re: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:42:56 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <92cta4hobld41273ms0ubnabi4hb37o0go@4ax.com>,
    > chrisv wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Links were posted a while back

    >> It appears that your answer is "no".
    >>
    >>>(as you know, of course).

    >> It appears that your mind-reading skills are right up-there with your

    > Several links were posted, a mere three months ago, in a thread you were
    > participating in, in direct response to a request for them from you.
    > Feel free now to stop pretending you didn't see them, and go back and
    > answer the several questions you've been running from in this thread.

    Shall I put chrisv out of his misery or do you want to see him dance at the
    end of the rope a little longer?

    Of course, you should really do the honors Tim!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  10. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:56:48 -0700 (PDT), nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu
    wrote:

    > On Aug 22, 11:42*am, Tim Smith
    > wrote:

    >>> It appears that your answer is "no".

    >>> It appears that your mind-reading skills are right up-there with your

    >> Several links were posted, a mere three months ago, in a thread you were
    >> participating in, in direct response to a request for them from you. *
    >> Feel free now to stop pretending you didn't see them, and go back and
    >> answer the several questions you've been running from in this thread.
    >>
    >> --
    >> --Tim Smith

    > I don't remember such links, but I don't read everything. It would
    > make a difference whether the "iPod killer" stories were by a cola
    > regular, and who, or whether it was a blog or an article saying that.
    > I myself never did. Good luck, by the way, to Zune in making headway
    > against Apple. Looks to me like Apple is running circles around
    > Microsoft right now.

    Notice how the goal posts just grew legs....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    On 2008-08-22, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    > On Aug 22, 11:42*am, Tim Smith
    > wrote:

    >> > It appears that your answer is "no".

    >> > It appears that your mind-reading skills are right up-there with your

    >> Several links were posted, a mere three months ago, in a thread you were
    >> participating in, in direct response to a request for them from you. *
    >> Feel free now to stop pretending you didn't see them, and go back and
    >> answer the several questions you've been running from in this thread.
    >>
    >> --
    >> --Tim Smith

    > I don't remember such links, but I don't read everything. It would
    > make a difference whether the "iPod killer" stories were by a cola
    > regular, and who, or whether it was a blog or an article saying that.
    > I myself never did. Good luck, by the way, to Zune in making headway
    > against Apple. Looks to me like Apple is running circles around
    > Microsoft right now.

    Given that I just very recently observed that someone had to resort
    to running iTunes in Vista just to avoid making coasters when creating
    very simple/straightforward CD's, I wouldn't hold my breath here.

    If anything is going to kill ipods it's going to be mp3 players
    that use generic interfaces to load content off of Amazon and similar
    places. Some people have gotten tired of the idea of "buy our device
    and use our app to deal with it". Either they're tired of doing this
    for themselves or others.

    This is especially true for a small device like the shuffle where
    there probably just isn't that much metadata to worry about.

    --
    If you are going to judge Linux based on how easy
    it is to get onto a Macintosh. Let's try installing |||

  12. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    In article
    <50c27c86-e9a4-4b41-9aee-0f1bf4398a4a@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    "nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu" wrote:
    > I don't remember such links, but I don't read everything. It would
    > make a difference whether the "iPod killer" stories were by a cola
    > regular, and who, or whether it was a blog or an article saying that.

    Is Schestowitz regular enough for you (his commentary, not quotes from
    articles he links to)?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  13. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    On 2008-08-22, Tim Smith wrote:
    > In article
    ><50c27c86-e9a4-4b41-9aee-0f1bf4398a4a@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    > "nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu" wrote:
    >> I don't remember such links, but I don't read everything. It would
    >> make a difference whether the "iPod killer" stories were by a cola
    >> regular, and who, or whether it was a blog or an article saying that.

    > Is Schestowitz regular enough for you (his commentary, not quotes from
    > articles he links to)?

    You mean the guy that posts large volumes of material that's
    considerately well marked? He could be saying all sorts of weird
    things and many of us wouldn't notice. You don't even need a
    killfile.

    --

    The average IT manager is a less effective mentor than a
    Spongebob Squarepants cartoon.

  14. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:31:30 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-08-22, Tim Smith wrote:
    >> In article
    >><50c27c86-e9a4-4b41-9aee-0f1bf4398a4a@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    >> "nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu" wrote:
    >>> I don't remember such links, but I don't read everything. It would
    >>> make a difference whether the "iPod killer" stories were by a cola
    >>> regular, and who, or whether it was a blog or an article saying that.

    >> Is Schestowitz regular enough for you (his commentary, not quotes from
    >> articles he links to)?

    > You mean the guy that posts large volumes of material that's
    > considerately well marked? He could be saying all sorts of weird
    > things and many of us wouldn't notice. You don't even need a
    > killfile.

    That doesn't make it right.....

    Try posting all that off topic crap in a moderated group and you will be
    sent packing....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    > Try posting all that off topic crap in a moderated group and you will be
    > sent packing....

    So what? It's unmoderated here. In fact, it is usually quite
    immoderate.

    --
    Keep it short for pithy sake.

  16. Re: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > In any case, I do not recall seeing *anyone* prove the allegations
    > regarding "Linux iPod killers".

    Neither have I.

    It's not a topic that interests me much.

    > What questions have I been running-from, Timmy? Are you drunk?

    Hmmmm, that reminds me, it's about time for a USL soccer game on FSC.

    Time to get off this computer. Between beating on libtool, automake,
    and debian packing issues and watching Moshe's one-for-one post
    neutralization on Roy, I'm bushed!

    --
    I am more bored than you could ever possibly be. Go back to work.

  17. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:42:58 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Try posting all that off topic crap in a moderated group and you will be
    >> sent packing....

    > So what? It's unmoderated here. In fact, it is usually quite
    > immoderate.

    Doesn't matter.

    Posting [ot] is just a copout and you Linux advocates go for the bait.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  18. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:42:58 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Try posting all that off topic crap in a moderated group and you will be
    >>> sent packing....

    >> So what? It's unmoderated here. In fact, it is usually quite
    >> immoderate.

    > Doesn't matter.

    Huh?

    I don't get it. This group is unmoderated, yet you try to compare it to
    a moderated group?

    !No comprendo!

    > Posting [ot] is just a copout and you Linux advocates go for the bait.

    You're idiotic on this one.

    What "bait"?

    --
    Over the shoulder supervision is more a need of the manager than the
    programming task.

  19. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:35:57 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:42:58 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> So what? It's unmoderated here. In fact, it is usually quite
    >>> immoderate.

    >> Doesn't matter.

    > Huh?
    >
    > I don't get it. This group is unmoderated, yet you try to compare it to
    > a moderated group?
    >
    > !No comprendo!
    >
    >> Posting [ot] is just a copout and you Linux advocates go for the bait.

    > You're idiotic on this one.
    >
    > What "bait"?

    What I am saying is that you COLA people are being taken for a ride and
    that Schestowitz putting [OT] in front of his posts doesn't justify the
    fact that they are off topic.

    By his reasoning I could post about sailboats all day long and put [OT] in
    front of the subject.

    In a moderated group he would be kicked out on his ass yet here you accept
    this kind of crap.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    > On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:35:57 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    > What I am saying is that you COLA people are being taken for a ride and
    > that Schestowitz putting [OT] in front of his posts doesn't justify the
    > fact that they are off topic.

    You're making me laugh.

    "Taken for a ride"?

    Get real.

    > In a moderated group he would be kicked out on his ass yet here you accept
    > this kind of crap.

    We have no choice. We have to put up with posts from you, DFS, the
    Clogster, the Dizum Dip****, the Forte ****er (haven't seen him lately),
    the nym-forgers, Hadron's typical contentless insult posts, not to
    mention the Snit circus and Psyc Geek TAB's ninnering.

    Acceptance has no concept here in COLA.

    You're setting up a scenario that cannot exist.

    --
    The late rebellion in Massachusetts has given more alarm than I think it
    should have done. Calculate that one rebellion in 13 states in the course

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast