[News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft? - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft? - Linux ; In article , Linonut wrote: > > In any case, I do not recall seeing *anyone* prove the allegations > > regarding "Linux iPod killers". > > Neither have I. I'll give you two examples: Sinister Midget: > Roy: > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

  1. Re: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    In article ,
    Linonut wrote:
    > > In any case, I do not recall seeing *anyone* prove the allegations
    > > regarding "Linux iPod killers".

    >
    > Neither have I.


    I'll give you two examples:

    Sinister Midget:

    >


    Roy:

    >



    --
    --Tim Smith

  2. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:55:32 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:35:57 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >> What I am saying is that you COLA people are being taken for a ride and
    >> that Schestowitz putting [OT] in front of his posts doesn't justify the
    >> fact that they are off topic.

    >
    > You're making me laugh.
    >
    > "Taken for a ride"?
    >
    > Get real.
    >
    >> In a moderated group he would be kicked out on his ass yet here you accept
    >> this kind of crap.

    >
    > We have no choice. We have to put up with posts from you, DFS, the
    > Clogster, the Dizum Dip****, the Forte ****er (haven't seen him lately),
    > the nym-forgers, Hadron's typical contentless insult posts, not to
    > mention the Snit circus and Psyc Geek TAB's ninnering.
    >
    > Acceptance has no concept here in COLA.
    >
    > You're setting up a scenario that cannot exist.


    Of course it can't exist but the difference is you accept when Roy does
    certain things but you jump all over others for doing the same thing.
    Not you specifically, but the group.

    Look at the post by Willy filters for example where he accuses Snit of
    posting 24x7 and living at his computer....

    Yet when the same criteria is applied to Spamowitz the logic is somehow
    wrong.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post
    1vt4r7farycqv.19doypurjxktz.dlg@40tude.net on 8/23/08 12:31 PM:

    >> We have no choice. We have to put up with posts from you, DFS, the
    >> Clogster, the Dizum Dip****, the Forte ****er (haven't seen him lately),
    >> the nym-forgers, Hadron's typical contentless insult posts, not to
    >> mention the Snit circus and Psyc Geek TAB's ninnering.
    >>
    >> Acceptance has no concept here in COLA.
    >>
    >> You're setting up a scenario that cannot exist.

    >
    > Of course it can't exist but the difference is you accept when Roy does
    > certain things but you jump all over others for doing the same thing.
    > Not you specifically, but the group.
    >
    > Look at the post by Willy filters for example where he accuses Snit of
    > posting 24x7 and living at his computer....
    >
    > Yet when the same criteria is applied to Spamowitz the logic is somehow
    > wrong.


    I have already talked about doing a lot of work at my computer and even
    getting paid to answer online chats - where between conversations I am
    pretty much stuck being near the computer (though I can set up a bell so
    that I can hear if I am elsewhere in the house). What is Roy's "excuse"?

    Then again - the whole "issue" is a BS... it was fabricated by those who
    could not find honest ways to refute comments of mine they had a bad
    emotional reaction to.


    --
    One who makes no mistakes, never makes anything.


  4. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    Snit wrote:

    > I have already talked about doing a lot of work at my computer and even
    > getting paid to answer online chats - where between conversations I am
    > pretty much stuck being near the computer (though I can set up a bell so
    > that I can hear if I am elsewhere in the house). What is Roy's "excuse"?
    >
    > Then again - the whole "issue" is a BS... it was fabricated by those who
    > could not find honest ways to refute comments of mine they had a bad
    > emotional reaction to.


    Why the site remake, Michael Glasser? And why are your few customer
    "testimonials" nothing but generic fluff?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....It it ain't broke, let me have a shot at it.

    Owner/Proprietor, Cheesus Crust Pizza Company
    Good to the last supper

  5. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    1kktw7o3l6rwz.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 8/23/08 3:37 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> I have already talked about doing a lot of work at my computer and even
    >> getting paid to answer online chats - where between conversations I am
    >> pretty much stuck being near the computer (though I can set up a bell so
    >> that I can hear if I am elsewhere in the house). What is Roy's "excuse"?
    >>
    >> Then again - the whole "issue" is a BS... it was fabricated by those who
    >> could not find honest ways to refute comments of mine they had a bad
    >> emotional reaction to.

    >
    > Why the site remake, Michael Glxsser? And why are your few customer
    > "testimonials" nothing but generic fluff?


    Um? What? The site is still pretty much the same - though I did add a bit
    today. Not much and not enough where I bet you can even see the difference.


    --
    It usually takes me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu
    speech. -- Mark Twain


  6. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:55:32 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:35:57 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >> What I am saying is that you COLA people are being taken for a ride and
    >> that Schestowitz putting [OT] in front of his posts doesn't justify the
    >> fact that they are off topic.

    >
    > You're making me laugh.
    >
    > "Taken for a ride"?
    >
    > Get real.
    >
    >> In a moderated group he would be kicked out on his ass yet here you
    >> accept this kind of crap.

    >
    > We have no choice. We have to put up with posts from you, DFS, the
    > Clogster, the Dizum Dip****, the Forte ****er (haven't seen him lately),
    > the nym-forgers, Hadron's typical contentless insult posts, not to mention
    > the Snit circus and Psyc Geek TAB's ninnering.


    Well you *don't* have to put up with them, no. It's up to you if you want
    to talk to the trolls/blackmailers/frauds & forgers etc. I'll talk *about*
    them & what scum they are, but personally I'm not interested in talking
    *to* low-life.

    > Acceptance has no concept here in COLA.
    >
    > You're setting up a scenario that cannot exist.


    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ
    ˙snɹıʌ ǝzopuıʍ $ɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝǝɹɟ %00⇂
    -- sɯǝʇsʎs xnuıl/nuƃ --


  7. Re: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > In article ,
    > Linonut wrote:
    >> > In any case, I do not recall seeing *anyone* prove the allegations
    >> > regarding "Linux iPod killers".

    >>
    >> Neither have I.

    >
    > I'll give you two examples:
    >
    > Sinister Midget:
    >
    >>


    That's a complete quote by Sinister, including the title/subject-line.

    And if you actually /read/ the article (a recommended practice if you're
    going to comment on it):

    Yes, it looks like the new 'must have' geek toy. It may not be the
    iPod killer as so many MP3 players have claimed to be, but it does
    have some potential.

    > Roy:
    >
    >>


    You're on firmer ground with that one.

    --
    > What is the status of Linux' Unicode implementation. Will Linux
    > be prepared for the first contact?

    We have full klingon console support just in case
    -- Alan Cox on linux-kernel

  8. Re: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 10:22:25 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> In article ,
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>> > In any case, I do not recall seeing *anyone* prove the allegations
    >>> > regarding "Linux iPod killers".
    >>>
    >>> Neither have I.

    >>
    >> I'll give you two examples:
    >>
    >> Sinister Midget:
    >>
    >>>

    >
    > That's a complete quote by Sinister, including the title/subject-line.
    >
    > And if you actually /read/ the article (a recommended practice if you're
    > going to comment on it):
    >
    > Yes, it looks like the new 'must have' geek toy. It may not be the
    > iPod killer as so many MP3 players have claimed to be, but it does
    > have some potential.
    >
    >> Roy:
    >>
    >>>

    >
    > You're on firmer ground with that one.


    Actually there are a few more but it's really not the point who said what.
    The point, as far as I am concerned, is how these Linux devices come along
    and virtually every single time, someone comes out of the woodwork claiming
    it's an iPod killer, a iPhone killer etc.

    Generally these people have absolutely no clue what they are talking about.
    Example Kesley's phone book entry comments.

    The point is, the iPod and the iPhone are HUGE sellers because people like
    them.
    Sure some of it is advertising, some of it is snob factor but the truth is
    if you actually use these things and compare them to the competition, they
    are tops in their class and innovative as well.

    Where are these various Linux devices?
    No place for the most part.

    You know why?

    Nobody but a total geek cares what OS is running on these things.
    They want features, ease of use, quality,add on accessory support and so
    forth.

    Take a look in the Crutchfield Audio catalog and see how many automobile
    audio systems have full built in iPod support.
    Now see how many have built in Sandisk support.
    Sure you *can* use the USB port on some units but it's not the same.

    Even the Zune was #2 on Amazon for a real long time and have you ever seen
    that advertised on TV?
    I think maybe when it first came out I might have seen something but for
    the most part no.

    People like the Zune, why I don't know, but they do....
    Not as much as Microsoft would have hoped but it's still a very popular
    player at least where I live.

    These Linux devices for the most part have gone no place.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:55:32 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:35:57 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >> What I am saying is that you COLA people are being taken for a ride and
    >> that Schestowitz putting [OT] in front of his posts doesn't justify the
    >> fact that they are off topic.

    >
    > You're making me laugh.
    >
    > "Taken for a ride"?
    >
    > Get real.
    >
    >> In a moderated group he would be kicked out on his ass yet here you
    >> accept this kind of crap.

    >
    > We have no choice. We have to put up with posts from you, DFS, the
    > Clogster, the Dizum Dip****, the Forte ****er (haven't seen him lately),
    > the nym-forgers, Hadron's typical contentless insult posts, not to mention
    > the Snit circus and Psyc Geek TAB's ninnering.


    Well you *don't* have to put up with them, no. It's up to you if you want
    to talk to the trolls/blackmailers/frauds & forgers etc. I'll talk *about*
    them & what scum they are, but personally I'm not interested in talking
    *to* low-life.

    > Acceptance has no concept here in COLA.
    >
    > You're setting up a scenario that cannot exist.


    --
    ? ?o?? ?u?s s?? ???ss?? si??
    p???u???n? si ??i?? ???nd?o?
    ?sn?i? ?zopui? $? ??? ?o ???? %00?
    -- s???s?s xnuil/nu? --



  10. Re: [News] What's the deal with Seinfeld doing ads for Microsoft?

    Linonut wrote:

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >> I'll give you two examples:
    >>
    >> Sinister Midget:
    >>
    >>> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/

    msg/268231da203d9a39>
    >
    > That's a complete quote by Sinister, including the title/subject-line.
    >
    > And if you actually /read/ the article (a recommended practice if you're
    > going to comment on it):
    >
    > Yes, it looks like the new 'must have' geek toy. It may not be the
    > iPod killer as so many MP3 players have claimed to be, but it does
    > have some potential.


    Yep.

    >> Roy:
    >>
    >>> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/

    msg/0bef24296576faef>
    >
    > You're on firmer ground with that one.


    BFD. A hyperbolic subject line, followed by rational, low-key articles
    regarding iPod-like devices. This does NOT support the claim that
    "people have raved about" "Ipod killers" in here.

    Timmy is simply trolling, with the classic "Linux advocates are stupid/
    unreasonable because they think (insert made-up **** here)".

    AFAIK, NO ONE in here has seriously suggested that ANY new iPod-like
    device, Linux-based or not, was an "iPod killer". NO ONE has suggested
    that some new device, Linux-based or not, will, any time soon, displace
    the iPod as the most popular media player on the market.

    So, trolling twits like Timmy should just STFU about this nonsense.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2