Build your own Cloud with the Eucalyptus open source project

,----[ Quote ]
| Eucalyptus started out in the research labs at UCSB about a year ago but the
| coding. It's part of an NSF funded project called V-Grads. The goal of
| V-Grads is to create a software infrastrucure that gives Grid and grid-like
| programs a uniform execution target regardless of how the resources are
| managed.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-10...=2547-1_3-0-20
http://tinyurl.com/629sy8

Using Django on Jython

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally, Django works on Jython, without any special patching. Right now it
| is recommended to use the development version of both projects, but as soon
| as Django and Jython ship a new stable release, you will be able to use that
| too.
`----

http://wiki.python.org/jython/DjangoOnJython

Recent:

Open Source Cloud Computing Service 10gen Gets $1.5 Million

,----[ Quote ]
| 10gen was founded by Kevin Ryan, previously the CEO of DoubleClick, and
| others from DoubleClick. DoubleClick has a massive part of the display
| advertising market online (and Google is trying to purchase it). Presumably,
| Ryan knows a thing or two about commercial efforts online. Despite the fact
| that 10gen's software stack is free and open source, hosting and customer
| service are fee-based.
`----

http://ostatic.com/169207-blog/open-...ts-1-5-million
http://tinyurl.com/5ohx6m

Free and Open Source Software vs. Cloud Computing

,----[ Quote ]
| Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the point of proprietary network
| services (or cloud computing, or Software as a Service, if you prefer). Not
| when you have Free software as an alternative (“Free,” in this case, being
| analogous to open source or GNU/Linux).
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osr...+Computing.htm

Hey You, Standarize My Cloud