[News] Pidgin 2.5.0 Released, - Linux

  1. [News] Pidgin 2.5.0 Released,

    Pidgin IM Client 2.5.0 Released

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Pidgin 2.4.0 was released back in March with a number of new features, but
    | replacing that this week is Pidgin 2.5.0.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjY2NQ

    Help your favorite "public interest" free software project win $10,000

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Nominations are now open for the Antonio Pizzigati Prize for Software in the
    | Public Interest. The winner could be someone you know, or someone whose work
    | you admire, but don't mull over your recommendation too long -- entries must
    | be submitted by September 30.
    `----

    http://www.linux.com/feature/145634

    Recent:

    Multiprotocol, open source IM client could boost UC

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | One of the most obvious barriers to unified communications and using instant
    | messaging (IM) as a collaboration tool for those outside your enterprise is
    | the plethora of IM standards. Those standards are, bizarrely, continuing to
    | proliferate with Facebook recently introducing its own IM service.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | The sixteen IM platforms Pidgin supports
    |
    | * *1. AIM
    | * *2. Bonjour
    | * *3. Gadu-Gadu
    | * *4. Google Talk
    | * *5. Groupwise
    | * *6. ICQ
    | * *7. IRC
    | * *8. MSN
    | * *9. MySpaceIM
    | * 10. QQ
    | * 11. SILC
    | * 12. SIMPLE
    | * 13. Sametime
    | * 14. XMPP
    | * 15. Yahoo!
    | * 16. Zephyr
    `----

    http://searchvoip.techtarget.com.au/...could-boost-UC
    http://tinyurl.com/59gxqe

    Related:

    Pidgin 2.4.0 Released With New Features

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Pidgin, the popular IM client once known as GAIM, has flown out of the coop
    | today with a new release. Pidgin 2.4.0 is the first update in about three
    | months, but it brings a number of features to the client as well as libpurple
    | and Finch. *
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjM2OA

    Bringing Aim to Awn! (Finally)

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Since the start of Awn I have wanted to bring Aim to Awn, to chat with. I
    | just thought it would be neat.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | I decided to decided to edit that applet and make it into something
    | different, more pleasing to me. So after trial and error with a bunch of the
    | code, I was editing, I finally got something to work for me!!
    |
    | Here are some screen shots:
    `----

    http://neverendinginternet.wordpress...o-awn-finally/

    Free/Open-source IRC/IM Software

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet chat or synchronous
    | conferencing. It is mainly designed for group (many-to-many) communication in
    | discussion forums called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication
    | via private message and data transfers via Direct Client-to-Client.
    | Meanwhile, Instant Messaging (IM) is a form of real-time communication
    | between two or more people based on typed text. The text is conveyed via
    | computers connected over a network such as the Internet.
    `----

    http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/02/...-software.html

  2. Re: [News] Pidgin 2.5.0 Released,

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:04:03 -0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Pidgin IM Client 2.5.0 Released

    Perfect name for a Linux program.
    Right up there with LinPUS.

    --