Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc. - Linux

This is a discussion on Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc. - Linux ; Hi all, I recently moved south to Bangalore and I am working for a large software integrator. My project team is working on a project that applies TOGAF to SOA. Are you able to point me to online and offline ...

  1. Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc.

    Hi all,

    I recently moved south to Bangalore and I am working for a large
    software integrator. My project team is working on a project that
    applies TOGAF to SOA. Are you able to point me to online and offline
    resources/trainings that can help our team get up to speed with SOA
    features and building blocks, the TOGAF architecture development
    method, and how to use TOGAF to create SOAs. I am also in charge of
    implementing virtualisation and/or SaaS in our company.

    All the help that group members can provide in this regard is much
    appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Anaz

  2. Re: Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc.

    Hi Anaz,

    There are several online resources available for these technologies.
    Just google for it.
    I also suggest that you look up some of the quality books that cover
    these technologies in detail, like Melvin Greer's book on The Web
    Services and Service Oriented Architecture Revolution. You can
    purchase them from Crosswords or the Higginbothams store on M G Road.

    I also highly recommend you attend the upcoming Business Technology
    Summit - http://www.btsummit.com - that features conference and
    workshops on SOA and Web Services, SaaS, Cloud Computing, TOGAF,
    Enterprise Content Management and so on. They have most of the main
    folks behind these technologies as speakers. My team is attending this
    summit from September 23-24 at the NIMHANS convention centre and our
    CIO is going from the Mumbai edition on September 26 at the Grand
    Hyatt. We have been able to get good discounts. Maybe all those who
    are interested from this group can put together a consolidated list
    and negotiate with the organisers for a bargain. What say?

    There is also an Enterprise Architecture Practitioners Conference
    series - http://www.opengroup.org/bangalore2008/. But The Open Group's
    Chris Harding is a speaker at the Business Technology Summit.

    Thanks,
    anil

  3. Re: Info on SOA, TOGAF, Virtualisation, SaaS etc.

    anaz wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I recently moved south to Bangalore and I am working for a large
    > software integrator. My project team is working on a project that
    > applies TOGAF to SOA. Are you able to point me to online and offline
    > resources/trainings that can help our team get up to speed with SOA
    > features and building blocks, the TOGAF architecture development
    > method, and how to use TOGAF to create SOAs. I am also in charge of
    > implementing virtualisation and/or SaaS in our company.
    >

    > All the help that group members can provide in this regard is much
    > appreciated.

    Why are you posting this to this NG? No one here knows anything about
    TOGFA or SOA in developing Web service business solutions. You were
    given information as to what NG(s) you needed to post to, which were
    NG(s) that have software developers that have worked with the TOGAF
    Framework, Web services and SO-Architecture. You have made this same
    post to several NG(s) and to NG(s) where the people in these NG(s) have
    no clue in developing SOA solutions.

+ Reply to Thread