[News] Professionals to harden Mobile Linux Platform - Linux

  1. [News] Professionals to harden Mobile Linux Platform

    Android puts out call to mobile security gurus

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Developers of Android, the Linux mobile platform spearheaded by Google, are
    | asking security experts for input.
    |
    | The latest software development kit for Android was released earlier this
    | week and plans are for the 1.0 version of the operating system to be shipped
    | on mobile phones later this year.
    `----

    http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...o.html?hpg1=bn

    Related:

    iPhone Security Hellhole?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | First, the iPhone root password was broken. OK, it happens. But now it seems
    | that all applications run on the iPhone as root. Can you say biggest security
    | blunder of the 21st century to date? ¬* ¬*
    `----

    Welcome to the world of iPhone development limits

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The problem is that even the limitations of developing Web 2.0 applications
    | on Safari are constrained. The version of Safari that sits on iPhone doesn't
    | support Java or Flash, two of the most important platforms for current web
    | development. ¬*
    `----

    http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?o...87&Itemid=1023

    Fully hacked by now?

    http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1408

    Apple iPhone issue highlights security debate

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Most early iPhone adopters have bought into the Apple mythology which
    | convinces them that anything blessed by Steve Jobs is automatically
    | desirable, so we won't see a mass return of the shiny devices with their
    | slick interface. ¬*
    `----

    First iPhone 3rd Party GUI App Compiles

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Of course, it is the standard "Hello, world." application, but it's native to
    | the iPhone and uses the iPhone's GUI.
    `----

    http://hardware.slashdot.org/article...52223&from=rss

    IPhone Flaw Lets Hackers Take Over, Security Firm Says

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The researchers, working for Independent Security Evaluators, a company that
    | tests its clients’ computer security by hacking it, said that they could take
    | control of iPhones through a WiFi connection or by tricking users into going
    | to a Web site that contains malicious code. The hack, the first reported,
    | allowed them to tap the wealth of personal information the phones contain. ¬* ¬*
    `----

    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/23/te...nw&oref=slogin

    iPhone Freed From AT&T, Twice

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The company will be selling licenses to the hack, minimum quantity 500, at a
    | price not yet announced. These hacks are much bigger news for those outside
    | America. Expect to see an industry spring up to meet European (and Asian?)
    | demand for freed iPhones. ¬*
    `----

    http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl...58252&from=rss

  2. Re: [News] Professionals to harden Mobile Linux Platform

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:03:38 -0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Android puts out call to mobile security gurus

    Begging again?
    Weren't they begging just last month?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb