[News] Lenovo's GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks to be Listed Soon - Linux

  1. [News] Lenovo's GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks to be Listed Soon

  2. Re: [News] Lenovo's GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks to be Listed Soon

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:56:24 -0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Lenovo's S10 Netbook Listed - Starts at just US$429

    Based upon Lenovo's last attempt at a pre-loaded Linux system, I would
    advise all to avoid this potential piker.....
    http://www.channelinsider.com/c/a/Re...-of-Questions/

    "After the initial boot and logon, we were faced with a clean,
    well-organized desktop, but one element caught our eye right awayXa text
    document called ThinkPad Readme.txt. We launched it and found that the
    documents first line was Limitations, Workarounds and How Tos for
    SLED10. We did not like the sound of that limitations element. After
    all, isnt Linux supposed to be about overcoming limitations?

    The first part of the document covered features not supported. Some of
    those features are:

    * ThinkVantage Active Protection System.
    * ThinkVantage Access Connections for SUSE Linux
    * ThinkPad Configuration for SUSE Linux
    * ThinkPad Power Manager for SUSE Linux
    * Wireless WAN Adapter
    * ThinkVantage Button