My Linux philosophy - Linux

This is a discussion on My Linux philosophy - Linux ; 1. Pay nothing. 2. Automate everything, so that everything is done by scripts. 3. Make computer do the work instead of you. Make it also self recover from common troubles. 4. Make sure that payments are set up for deposit ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

  1. My Linux philosophy

    1. Pay nothing.
    2. Automate everything, so that everything is done by scripts.
    3. Make computer do the work instead of you. Make it also self recover
    from common troubles.
    4. Make sure that payments are set up for deposit in your bank account,
    to avoid walking to the bank with checks.
    5. Do nothing.

  2. Re: My Linux philosophy

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Ignoramus15257
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > 1. Pay nothing.
    > 2. Automate everything, so that everything is done by scripts.
    > 3. Make computer do the work instead of you. Make it also self recover
    > from common troubles.
    > 4. Make sure that payments are set up for deposit in your bank account,
    > to avoid walking to the bank with checks.
    > 5. Do nothing.

    You could do more worthwhile things like
    install more Linux - all free with source code.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

    Free second hand computers are being dumped by the millions
    so you could ask someone to keep a couple
    aside for you to install Linux and bring them back to life.

  3. Re: My Linux philosophy

    "7" wrote in message
    news:Bh%qk.45742$E41.21909@text.news.virginmedia.c om...
    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Ignoramus15257
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >

    >> 1. Pay nothing.
    >> 2. Automate everything, so that everything is done by scripts.
    >> 3. Make computer do the work instead of you. Make it also self recover
    >> from common troubles.
    >> 4. Make sure that payments are set up for deposit in your bank account,
    >> to avoid walking to the bank with checks.
    >> 5. Do nothing.

    > You could do more worthwhile things like
    > install more Linux - all free with source code.

    Or YOU could shove your head up your ass.

  4. Re: My Linux philosophy

    "Ignoramus15257" wrote in message
    news:QNOdncGaxcVO6THVnZ2dnUVZ_rLinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > 1. Pay nothing.
    > 2. Automate everything, so that everything is done by scripts.
    > 3. Make computer do the work instead of you. Make it also self recover
    > from common troubles.
    > 4. Make sure that payments are set up for deposit in your bank account,
    > to avoid walking to the bank with checks.
    > 5. Do nothing.

    Your screen name speaks exabytes, cut out the first four and you're there.

  5. Re: My Linux philosophy

    > 1. Pay nothing.
    > 2. Automate everything, so that everything is done by scripts.
    > 3. Make computer do the work instead of you. Make it also self recover
    > from common troubles.
    > 4. Make sure that payments are set up for deposit in your bank account,
    > to avoid walking to the bank with checks.
    > 5. Do nothing.

    6. wake up from your dream

  6. Re: My Linux philosophy

    "Ignoramus15257" wrote in message
    news:T8KdnShDV95rDTHVnZ2dnUVZ_szinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > On 2008-08-20, 7 wrote:
    >> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Ignoramus15257
    >> wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >>

    >>> 1. Pay nothing.
    >>> 2. Automate everything, so that everything is done by scripts.
    >>> 3. Make computer do the work instead of you. Make it also self recover
    >>> from common troubles.
    >>> 4. Make sure that payments are set up for deposit in your bank account,
    >>> to avoid walking to the bank with checks.
    >>> 5. Do nothing.

    >> You could do more worthwhile things like
    >> install more Linux - all free with source code.
    >>
    >> http://www.livecdlist.com
    >> http://www.distrowatch.com
    >>
    >> Free second hand computers are being dumped by the millions
    >> so you could ask someone to keep a couple
    >> aside for you to install Linux and bring them back to life.
    >>

    > I am already doing this, I am not sure what made you assume that I do
    > not do it.

    nice to know you are shoving your head up your ass like bill suggested.
    next you should install a glass belly button so you can see out.

    hth, gfia, hand

    --

    sbb78247

    resident redneck alt.os.windows-xp
    alt.os.windows-vista

    someone pass the mashed potatoes and gravy

  7. Re: My Linux philosophy

    sbb78247, ye feeble-minded minnow, thy complexion is like Swart, like my
    shoe, but thy face nothing like so clean kept, for why, ye sweats, a man
    may go over shoes in the grime of it, ye blurted out:

    > "Ignoramus15257" wrote in message
    > news:T8KdnShDV95rDTHVnZ2dnUVZ_szinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >> On 2008-08-20, 7 wrote:
    >>> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Ignoramus15257

    >>> You could do more worthwhile things like
    >>> install more Linux - all free with source code.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.livecdlist.com
    >>> http://www.distrowatch.com
    >>>
    >>> Free second hand computers are being dumped by the millions
    >>> so you could ask someone to keep a couple
    >>> aside for you to install Linux and bring them back to life.
    >>>

    >> I am already doing this, I am not sure what made you assume that I do
    >> not do it.
    >>

    > nice to know you are shoving your head up your ass like bill suggested.
    > next you should install a glass belly button so you can see out.

    LMAO

    Stolen.

  8. Re: My Linux philosophy

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:35:19 -1200, Kadaitcha Man wrote:

    > sbb78247, ye feeble-minded minnow, thy complexion is like Swart, like my
    > shoe, but thy face nothing like so clean kept, for why, ye sweats, a man
    > may go over shoes in the grime of it, ye blurted out:
    >

    >> "Ignoramus15257" wrote in message
    >> news:T8KdnShDV95rDTHVnZ2dnUVZ_szinZ2d@giganews.com ...

    >>> I am already doing this, I am not sure what made you assume that I do
    >>> not do it.
    >>>

    >> nice to know you are shoving your head up your ass like bill suggested.
    >> next you should install a glass belly button so you can see out.

    > LMAO
    >
    > Stolen.

    That's what used to be said of IBM first line managers when they went to
    their first IBM "charm school".

    They remove their spine and install a glass belly button so they can see
    out.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  9. Re: My Linux philosophy

    "Scott Freeman" wrote in message
    > "Ignoramus15257" wrote in message
    > news:QNOdncGaxcVO6THVnZ2dnUVZ_rLinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >> 1. Pay nothing.
    >> 2. Automate everything, so that everything is done by scripts.
    >> 3. Make computer do the work instead of you. Make it also self recover
    >> from common troubles.
    >> 4. Make sure that payments are set up for deposit in your bank account,
    >> to avoid walking to the bank with checks.
    >> 5. Do nothing.

    > Your screen name speaks exabytes, cut out the first four and you're there.

    Who is ramus15257? Do you know anyone named ramus?

  10. Re: My Linux philosophy

    "Ringmaster's Psychiatrist" wrote in message

    > "Scott Freeman" wrote in message
    >> "Ignoramus15257" wrote in message
    >> news:QNOdncGaxcVO6THVnZ2dnUVZ_rLinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >>> 1. Pay nothing.
    >>> 2. Automate everything, so that everything is done by scripts.
    >>> 3. Make computer do the work instead of you. Make it also self recover
    >>> from common troubles.
    >>> 4. Make sure that payments are set up for deposit in your bank account,
    >>> to avoid walking to the bank with checks.
    >>> 5. Do nothing.

    >> Your screen name speaks exabytes, cut out the first four and you're
    >> there.

    > Who is ramus15257? Do you know anyone named ramus?

    Was that supposed to be funny? Tell me when to laugh.

    That he posted a numbered list means any reply that mentions abstractly a
    set of numbers, intrinsically refers to the list, ****-for-brains.

  11. Re: My Linux philosophy

    > "Ringmaster's Psychiatrist" wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Scott Freeman" wrote in message
    >>> "Ignoramus15257" wrote in message
    >>> news:QNOdncGaxcVO6THVnZ2dnUVZ_rLinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >>>
    >>> Your screen name speaks exabytes, cut out the first four and you're
    >>> there.

    >> Who is ramus15257? Do you know anyone named ramus?

    > Was that supposed to be funny? Tell me when to laugh.

    I thought it was damn funny. Look at the clock. When the second hand is
    over the 12, you can start laughing. I hope I made myself clear. Any
    questions, please reply and I can explain it to you again.

    Thank you.

    > That he posted a numbered list means any reply that mentions abstractly a
    > set of numbers, intrinsically refers to the list, ****-for-brains.

  12. Re: My Linux philosophy

    "Ringmaster" wrote in message

    > I thought it was damn funny.

    Self praise is no praise at all.

  13. Re: My Linux philosophy

    "Walter Mautner" wrote in message
    > Scott Freeman wrote:
    >> "Ringmaster's Psychiatrist" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Scott Freeman" wrote in message

    >>> Who is ramus15257? Do you know anyone named ramus?

    >> Was that supposed to be funny? Tell me when to laugh.
    >>
    >> That he posted a numbered list means any reply that mentions
    >> abstractly a set of numbers, intrinsically refers to the list,
    >> ****-for-brains.

    > Look at your post about his screen name. The separator appears to be a
    > comma, I think the "cut out..." part refers to the "screen name" mentioned
    > in the first part of the sentence.

    As I said, that was an abstraction. It did not refer to the first four
    letters. Also, his sense of humour is ****ed if he thinks that was remotely
    amusing.

  14. Re: My Linux philosophy

    > "Ringmaster" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I thought it was damn funny.

    > Self praise is no praise at all.

    But self masturbation is soothing

  15. Re: My Linux philosophy

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:03:18 -0700, Ringmaster's Psychiatrist wrote:

    > "Scott Freeman" wrote in message
    >> "Ignoramus15257" wrote in message
    >> news:QNOdncGaxcVO6THVnZ2dnUVZ_rLinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >>> 1. Pay nothing.
    >>> 2. Automate everything, so that everything is done by scripts.
    >>> 3. Make computer do the work instead of you. Make it also self recover
    >>> from common troubles.
    >>> 4. Make sure that payments are set up for deposit in your bank account,
    >>> to avoid walking to the bank with checks.
    >>> 5. Do nothing.

    >> Your screen name speaks exabytes, cut out the first four and you're there.

    > Who is ramus15257? Do you know anyone named ramus?

    There used to be a famous club in NYC Greenwich Village called "The RamUs"

    Ooops, that was "RamRod"..

    Same thing...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: My Linux philosophy

    "Kadaitcha Man" wrote in message
    > sbb78247, ye feeble-minded minnow, thy complexion is like Swart, like my
    > shoe, but thy face nothing like so clean kept, for why, ye sweats, a man
    > may go over shoes in the grime of it, ye blurted out:
    >

    >> "Ignoramus15257" wrote in message
    >> news:T8KdnShDV95rDTHVnZ2dnUVZ_szinZ2d@giganews.com ...

    >>> I am already doing this, I am not sure what made you assume that I do
    >>> not do it.
    >>>

    >> nice to know you are shoving your head up your ass like bill suggested.
    >> next you should install a glass belly button so you can see out.

    > LMAO
    >
    > Stolen.
    >
    > --
    > Hammer of Thor: February 2007. Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook,
    > Line & Sinker: September 2005, April 2006, January 2007.
    > Official Member: Cabal Obsidian Order COOSN-124-07-06660
    > Official Overseer of Kooks & Trolls in 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here until Tuesday. try the veal.

    --
    sbb78247

    resident redneck alt.os.windows-xp
    alt.os.windows-vista

    somebody pass the mashed potatoes and gravy

  17. Re: My Linux philosophy

    sbb78247 wrote:

    >"Kadaitcha Man" wrote

    *plonk*

  18. Re: My Linux philosophy

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:03:18 -0700, Ringmaster's Psychiatrist wrote:
    >
    >> "Scott Freeman" wrote in message
    >>> "Ignoramus15257" wrote in
    >>> message news:QNOdncGaxcVO6THVnZ2dnUVZ_rLinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >>>
    >>> Your screen name speaks exabytes, cut out the first four and you're
    >>> there.

    >> Who is ramus15257? Do you know anyone named ramus?

    > There used to be a famous club in NYC Greenwich Village called "The
    > RamUs"
    >
    > Ooops, that was "RamRod"..

    OMG! You _DO_ use linux!

  19. Re: My Linux philosophy

    "chrisv" wrote in message
    > sbb78247 wrote:
    >
    >>"Kadaitcha Man" wrote

    > *plonk*

    That teaches him.
    NOT

  20. Re: My Linux philosophy

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:40:20 -0700, "Bill Yanaire"
    wrote:

    >"7" wrote in message
    >news:Bh%qk.45742$E41.21909@text.news.virginmedia.c om...
    >> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Ignoramus15257
    >> wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >>

    >>> 1. Pay nothing.
    >>> 2. Automate everything, so that everything is done by scripts.
    >>> 3. Make computer do the work instead of you. Make it also self recover
    >>> from common troubles.
    >>> 4. Make sure that payments are set up for deposit in your bank account,
    >>> to avoid walking to the bank with checks.
    >>> 5. Do nothing.

    >> You could do more worthwhile things like
    >> install more Linux - all free with source code.
    >>

    >Or YOU could shove your head up your ass.

    And you could get plonked...

    When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not.
    Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast