[News] What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge) - Linux

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 99

  1. [News] What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Fedora 10 Takes Shape

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | What does the future hold for Linux development at Red Hat? A look at some of
    | the new features coming in the Fedora 10 Linux distribution release might
    | yield some clues.
    |
    | Currently in early development with a feature freeze scheduled for the end of
    | August, Fedora 10 includes a host of improvements that aim to improve audio,
    | packaging, networking and security features.
    |
    | The development of Fedora 10 comes as Red Hat continues to try and push the
    | envelope for Linux with new and emerging technology targets. Fedora plays an
    | important role for Red Hat since the OS serves as an incubator for
    | technologies that often end up in the company's flagship, Red Hat Enterprise
    | Linux (RHEL).
    `----

    http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news...akes+Shape.htm
    http://tinyurl.com/65y6bp

    The Live CD of Fedora 10 is Mono-free.

    Recent:

    The Fedora Project Announces Fedora Scholarship

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Helping develop and foster up and coming talent in the open source software
    | field, the Fedora Project, a Red Hat sponsored and community-supported open
    | source collaboration, has announced the newly created Fedora Scholarship
    | programme.
    `----

    http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/28172/news.htm

    9 + 5 things you’ll get with Fedora 10

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Fedora 10 will be released on 28th October 2008, let’s take a look at what
    | some of the upcoming features, 9 of them have been accepted by the team, 5
    | more are still in the “proposed” state. If you want you can check the whole
    | list.
    `----

    http://fabrizioballiano.net/2008/08/...ith-fedora-10/
    http://tinyurl.com/5n2eqw

    Fedora 10 Alpha Cambridge [Screenshots]

    http://gnuman.com/screenshots.html?gid=37

    Fedora 10 Alpha Preview

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In this article we have screenshots of Fedora 10 along with some of the
    | features you can expect when this Linux operating system ships in October.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...10_alpha&num=1

    Red Hat, community release Fedora 10 alpha

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Red Hat and project contributors have released alpha code for Fedora 10, the
    | next version of the community-sponsored, free and open source Linux
    | distribution that will include enhancements to the audio, security and
    | wireless-connection features of the operating system.
    `----

    http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...a.html?hpg1=bn

    Fedora on a stick

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Fedora 9 now lets you create a bootable Linux distribution on a flash drive
    | with persistence. In other words, you can not only boot any PC that will
    | accept USB drive booting into Linux, you can even boot into your own personal
    | desktop. Now, that can be useful.
    `----

    http://www.linux.com/feature/143261

    Fedora 10 Codenamed "Cambridge"

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Cambridge was the Red Hat project that went on to form Fedora Core and it was
    | the release name for Fedora Core 1. Now with Fedora 10, Red Hat has gone
    | full-circle and its codename is Cambridge. This codename was voted on by
    | Fedora contributors and among the other contenders were Farnsworth, Nitrate,
    | Saltpetre, Terror, and Whiskey Run.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjYyNg

    Early Fedora 10 Artwork

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Since I did a look at Ubuntu’s early concept art and since I am usually very
    | impressed by Fedora’s final art, I decided that it would make sense to take a
    | look at what has appeared on the Fedora Art Team wiki. I have actually been
    | waiting a few days to do this, since, as of just a few days ago, there were
    | not enough submissions that I liked to talk about.
    `----

    http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/0...ra-10-artwork/

  2. Re: [News] What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:47:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Fedora 10 Takes Shape

    Does it freeze and lock up like Fedora 9 seems to for a lot of people?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:47:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> Fedora 10 Takes Shape

    > Does it freeze and lock up like Fedora 9 seems to for a lot of people?

    Mine works fine thanks. Nice linux advocacy there flattie.

  4. Re: [News] What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:50:14 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:47:18 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> Fedora 10 Takes Shape

    >> Does it freeze and lock up like Fedora 9 seems to for a lot of people?
    >>

    > Mine works fine thanks. Nice linux advocacy there flattie.

    Sure....
    We believe you.
    Really we do.
    Everything seems to work fine for Linux loons, except Windows that is.
    You guys always seem to have massive problems with it.

    I deal in facts.
    You deal in bull****...

    BTW here is one fact for you to nosh on.

    http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192624

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: [News] What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:50:14 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Does it freeze and lock up like Fedora 9 seems to for a lot of people?
    >>>

    >> Mine works fine thanks. Nice linux advocacy there flattie.

    > Sure....
    > We believe you.
    > Really we do.
    > Everything seems to work fine for Linux loons, except Windows that is.
    > You guys always seem to have massive problems with it.

    Please point out where I have stated I have problems with any of my
    windows machines.

    > I deal in facts.
    > You deal in bull****...

    Reverse that, and you're close.

    > BTW here is one fact for you to nosh on.
    >
    > http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192624

    Not even gonna bother clicking the link. How many google hits do you
    think I can get with "windows crash"? Shall we have a pissing contest next?

  6. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Aug 20, 11:16*am, "Moshe Goldfarb."
    wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:50:14 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > >> Does it freeze and lock up like Fedora 9 seems to for a lot of people?

    > > Mine works fine thanks. Nice linux advocacy there flattie.

    > Sure....
    > We believe you.
    > Really we do.
    > Everything seems to work fine for Linux loons, except Windows that is.
    > You guys always seem to have massive problems with it.
    >
    > I deal in facts.
    > You deal in bull****...
    >
    > BTW here is one fact for you to nosh on.
    >
    > http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192624
    >
    > --
    > Moshe Goldfarb
    > Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    Here is a review that was linked from DISTRO WATCH.
    Notice the title:

    Fedora 9 Falls A Little Short
    Vital Stats

    Dan Lynch
    Monday, June 16, 2008 11:18:07 AM
    http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6492/1/

  7. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Aug 20, 11:20*am, "Phil Da Lick!"
    wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > >> Mine works fine thanks. Nice linux advocacy there flattie.

    > > Sure....
    > > We believe you.
    > > Really we do.
    > > Everything seems to work fine for Linux loons, except Windows that is.
    > > You guys always seem to have massive problems with it.

    > Please point out where I have stated I have problems with any of my
    > windows machines.
    >
    > > I deal in facts.
    > > You deal in bull****...

    > Reverse that, and you're close.
    >
    > > BTW here is one fact for you to nosh on.

    > >http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192624

    > Not even gonna bother clicking the link. How many google hits do you
    > think I can get with "windows crash"? Shall we have a pissing contest next?

    This is so crazy .... I got a bunch of geeks, saying, that somebody
    else's stuff
    sucks (Windows), so we can suck too. I don't think anybody is gonna
    switch if
    you are just as sucky as what they use.

    Here is the freeze issues:
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Who-F...3-86242..shtml

  8. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:30:52 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > On Aug 20, 11:20*am, "Phil Da Lick!"
    > wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Sure....
    >>> We believe you.
    >>> Really we do.
    >>> Everything seems to work fine for Linux loons, except Windows that is.
    >>> You guys always seem to have massive problems with it.

    >> Please point out where I have stated I have problems with any of my
    >> windows machines.
    >>
    >>> I deal in facts.
    >>> You deal in bull****...

    >> Reverse that, and you're close.
    >>
    >>> BTW here is one fact for you to nosh on.

    >>>http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=192624

    >> Not even gonna bother clicking the link. How many google hits do you
    >> think I can get with "windows crash"? Shall we have a pissing contest next?

    > This is so crazy .... I got a bunch of geeks, saying, that somebody
    > else's stuff
    > sucks (Windows), so we can suck too. I don't think anybody is gonna
    > switch if
    > you are just as sucky as what they use.
    >
    > Here is the freeze issues:
    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Who-F...t3-86242.shtml

    Poor Phil....

    At least Linonut discusses things.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:30:52 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >
    >> On Aug 20, 11:20 am, "Phil Da Lick!"
    >> wrote:
    >>> Please point out where I have stated I have problems with any of my
    >>> windows machines.

    >>> Reverse that, and you're close.

    >>> Not even gonna bother clicking the link. How many google hits do you
    >>> think I can get with "windows crash"? Shall we have a pissing contest next?

    >> This is so crazy .... I got a bunch of geeks, saying, that somebody
    >> else's stuff
    >> sucks (Windows), so we can suck too. I don't think anybody is gonna
    >> switch if
    >> you are just as sucky as what they use.
    >>
    >> Here is the freeze issues:
    >> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Who-F...t3-86242.shtml

    > Poor Phil....
    >
    > At least Linonut discusses things.

    What's to discuss? My Fedora installation works fine. There may by
    others out there that don't but I'm sure there are also a lot of others
    that do.

  10. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    ____/ Phil Da Lick! on Thursday 21 August 2008 07:46 : \____

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:30:52 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    >>> This is so crazy .... I got a bunch of geeks, saying, that somebody
    >>> else's stuff
    >>> sucks (Windows), so we can suck too. I don't think anybody is gonna
    >>> switch if
    >>> you are just as sucky as what they use.
    >>>
    >>> Here is the freeze issues:

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Who-F...t3-86242.shtml

    >> Poor Phil....
    >>
    >> At least Linonut discusses things.
    >>

    > What's to discuss? My Fedora installation works fine. There may by
    > others out there that don't but I'm sure there are also a lot of others
    > that do.

    The Munchkins don't even spew based on own experience. They just find
    some /incidents/ -- one or a few among many in a population of tens or
    hundreds of millions. Need we go to Windows /support/ sites and copy from
    there examples of Windows problems?

    Incidents are cheap. They are a dime a dozen. When one in two PCs is a zombie,
    that's no technical incident. It's espionage.

    All my Linuxes work great, thank you.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Avoid missing ball for higher score"

  11. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:41:20 -0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Phil Da Lick! on Thursday 21 August 2008 07:46 : \____
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > http://news.softpedia.com/news/Who-F...t3-86242.shtml
    >>>
    >>> Poor Phil....
    >>>
    >>> At least Linonut discusses things.
    >>>

    >> What's to discuss? My Fedora installation works fine. There may by
    >> others out there that don't but I'm sure there are also a lot of others
    >> that do.

    > The Munchkins don't even spew based on own experience. They just find
    > some /incidents/ -- one or a few among many in a population of tens or
    > hundreds of millions. Need we go to Windows /support/ sites and copy from
    > there examples of Windows problems?
    >
    > Incidents are cheap. They are a dime a dozen. When one in two PCs is a zombie,
    > that's no technical incident. It's espionage.
    >
    > All my Linuxes work great, thank you.

    So how do your Windows machines work?

    Programming Languages: C/C++, Java, Visual Basic, MATLAB, Pascal, PHP,
    Prolog, ML, RISC ASM.

    Operating Systems: UNIX/Linux (most variants), Windows
    3x/95/98/2000/ME/NT/XP, Mac OS 9/10+, DOS, Palm OS.

    http://www.schestowitz.com/roy/

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    In article <1958258.mXr6CDNBzb@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > The Munchkins don't even spew based on own experience. They just find
    > some /incidents/ -- one or a few among many in a population of tens or
    > hundreds of millions. Need we go to Windows /support/ sites and copy from
    > there examples of Windows problems?

    Uhm...how does the above differ from what you do?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  13. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <1958258.mXr6CDNBzb@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> The Munchkins don't even spew based on own experience. They just find
    >> some /incidents/ -- one or a few among many in a population of tens or
    >> hundreds of millions. Need we go to Windows /support/ sites and copy from
    >> there examples of Windows problems?

    > Uhm...how does the above differ from what you do?

    Check the name of this newsgroup, for one thing, Timmy.

  14. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:41:45 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <1958258.mXr6CDNBzb@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> The Munchkins don't even spew based on own experience. They just find
    >> some /incidents/ -- one or a few among many in a population of tens or
    >> hundreds of millions. Need we go to Windows /support/ sites and copy from
    >> there examples of Windows problems?

    > Uhm...how does the above differ from what you do?

    See Roy Schestowitz.
    See Roy Schestowitz run.
    Run Roy.
    Run.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:52:20 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article <1958258.mXr6CDNBzb@schestowitz.com>,
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> The Munchkins don't even spew based on own experience. They just find
    >>> some /incidents/ -- one or a few among many in a population of tens or
    >>> hundreds of millions. Need we go to Windows /support/ sites and copy from
    >>> there examples of Windows problems?

    >> Uhm...how does the above differ from what you do?

    > Check the name of this newsgroup, for one thing, Timmy.

    Uhhh.... I would suggest you check how many of Schestowitz's posts are off
    topic for this group.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    In article <1c6zxty2eth13$.u8cgbcsirs73$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:

    > Uhhh.... I would suggest you check how many of Schestowitz's posts are off
    > topic for this group.....

    Chrisv thinks this group is comp.os.find.minor.windows.problems, or
    perhaps
    comp.sys.look.someone.found.an.iphone.glitch.there fore.apple.is.evil.

    --
    --Tim Smith

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > Chrisv thinks this group is comp.os.find.minor.windows.problems, or
    > perhaps
    > comp.sys.look.someone.found.an.iphone.glitch.there fore.apple.is.evil.

    Timmy thinks this group is comp.sys.defend.microsoft, or
    perhaps
    comp.sys.attack.linux.advocates

  18. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 13:21:03 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Chrisv thinks this group is comp.os.find.minor.windows.problems, or
    >> perhaps
    >> comp.sys.look.someone.found.an.iphone.glitch.there fore.apple.is.evil.

    > Timmy thinks this group is comp.sys.defend.microsoft, or
    > perhaps
    > comp.sys.attack.linux.advocates

    I don't see anyone in this group defending Microsoft except maybe Erik and
    that is generally related to highly technical issues of which he seems to
    have a great deal of knowledge.

    I certainly do not defend Microsoft however when untruths are posted I make
    an attempt to correct them.

    The sooner you realize that Schestowitz is on a mission, the sooner you
    will be able to look at this group objectively and see what is REALLY going
    on.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  19. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    In article ,
    chrisv wrote:
    [drivel]

    How exactly is pulling random complaints from Windows forums and posting
    them here advocating Linux?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  20. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > [troll]

    Are you advocating Linux, Timmy? If not, why the hypocrisy?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast