[News] What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge) - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge) - Linux ; * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo: >> Whether Snit thinks it's an insult or not, in my opinion, his barrage is >> simply a plaintive cry for attention. Why in the hell should /he/ care >> what /I/ think? ...

  1. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> Whether Snit thinks it's an insult or not, in my opinion, his barrage is
    >> simply a plaintive cry for attention. Why in the hell should /he/ care
    >> what /I/ think?

    > Who says I do? You have an over-reaching sense of your importance.

    See? He just can't help answering!

    Snit /needs/ me!

    --
    "And what do you two think you are doing?!" roared the husband, as he came
    upon his wife in bed with another man. The wife turned and smiled at her

    "See?" she said. "I told you he was stupid!"

  2. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Linonut wrote:

    > See? *He just can't help answering!
    >
    > Snit needs me! *

    Snit needs all his enablers -- otherwise he wouldn't exist.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  3. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> See? *He just can't help answering!
    >>
    >> Snit needs me! *

    > Snit needs all his enablers -- otherwise he wouldn't exist.

    Rebuke noted and accepted.

    --
    Tomorrow's computers some time next month.
    -- DEC

  4. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    "RonB" stated in post
    UVgsk.8288$9u1.1815@newsfe09.iad on 8/24/08 10:30 AM:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> See? *He just can't help answering!
    >>
    >> Snit needs me! *

    > Snit needs all his enablers -- otherwise he wouldn't exist.

    I do often respond to those who troll - but I prefer when someone actually
    rises to the level of having a reasoned discussion. Sadly it is rare in
    COLA.

    --
    .... something I'm committed to work on, focusing increasing amounts of
    resources of Canonical on figuring out on how we actually move the desktop

  5. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Linonut wrote:

    > * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> See? *He just can't help answering!
    >>>
    >>> Snit needs me! *

    >> Snit needs all his enablers -- otherwise he wouldn't exist.

    > Rebuke noted and accepted.

    It wasn't a rebuke, it was just a general statement. I've had my rounds
    of "arguing" with Snit. So have a lot of other folks here and on
    comp.os.mac.advocacy. It's not like he reacts to what you say, he just
    rewinds, reloads and redrools the same load of crap over and over again.
    He's a 24/7 crank -- he apparently has no other life.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  6. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    "RonB" stated in post
    _6hsk.8409$Ks1.5775@newsfe02.iad on 8/24/08 10:44 AM:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Snit needs all his enablers -- otherwise he wouldn't exist.

    >> Rebuke noted and accepted.

    > It wasn't a rebuke, it was just a general statement. I've had my rounds
    > of "arguing" with Snit. So have a lot of other folks here and on
    > comp.os.mac.advocacy. It's not like he reacts to what you say, he just
    > rewinds, reloads and redrools the same load of crap over and over again.
    > He's a 24/7 crank -- he apparently has no other life.

    Yawn. Your insults are, frankly, boring. Can you rise to the level of
    having a reasoned discussion?

    --
    BU__SH__

  7. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "RonB" stated in post
    > UVgsk.8288$9u1.1815@newsfe09.iad on 8/24/08 10:30 AM:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> See? *He just can't help answering!
    >>>
    >>> Snit needs me! *

    >> Snit needs all his enablers -- otherwise he wouldn't exist.

    > I do often respond to those who troll - but I prefer when someone actually
    > rises to the level of having a reasoned discussion. Sadly it is rare in
    > COLA.

    Satisfied? Now go home.

    --
    Keep in mind always the four constant Laws of Frisbee:
    (1) The most powerful force in the world is that of a disc

  8. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Linonut wrote:

    > Utterly no mention of the keystroke interface!

    But a unified keystroke interface is the key element to the next computing
    quantum link. If Snit can not instinctively see the advantages of the
    platform *consistent* WORDSTAR KEYSTROKE PARADIGM, then obviously he is an
    agent of the Dark One -- probably not even a human being, or no longer one
    at any rate.

    It's time for the WORDSTAR KEYSTROKE standard. A platform *CONSISTENT*
    standard for the future!

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  9. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    "RonB" stated in post
    rIisk.7360$_s1.2609@newsfe07.iad on 8/24/08 12:33 PM:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> Utterly no mention of the keystroke interface!

    > But a unified keystroke interface is the key element to the next computing
    > quantum link. If Snit can not instinctively see the advantages of the
    > platform *consistent* WORDSTAR KEYSTROKE PARADIGM, then obviously he is an
    > agent of the Dark One -- probably not even a human being, or no longer one
    > at any rate.
    >
    > It's time for the WORDSTAR KEYSTROKE standard. A platform *CONSISTENT*
    > standard for the future!

    As noted, given that your parody is the antithesis of what you are mocking
    it is poorly done.

    A better effort might be to point to a fictitious person who can get *no*
    work done because he has to deal with two print dialogs in two different
    programs - and this completely locks up his brain. At least that would be a
    parody based on an extreme and absurd exaggeration of the points you are
    "arguing" against... not one based on using some of the same words but doing
    so in a way that shows your utter lack of comprehension.

    Sad when your trolling, RonB, is so bad that your target feels sorry for you
    and helps you like that.

    --
    BU__SH__

  10. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:50:40 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> You sure go on an and and on... but you cannot actually rise to the
    >> level of even *trying* to refute my comments. You just whine a lot.
    >> You will have to do better if you want to keep getting my attention.
    >> Frankly you are getting boring.

    > As long as he replies to you, you'll keep replying to HIM. You thrive on
    > the discord you bring to COLA. Evidently, you are one of those poor souls
    > who got no attention as a child. Now, in adulthood, you figure any
    > attention at all is good, thus your constant B.S. posted here on a daily
    > basis.

    Michael Snit Glasser saying someone whines a lot! LOL! The Prescott
    Computer Guy whines about some keystrokes in Linux, which no one else
    *cares* about, but the troll goes on.......& on.......& on...

    Oh, the irony.

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ

  11. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 13:27:09 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >>> Whether Snit thinks it's an insult or not, in my opinion, his barrage
    >>> is simply a plaintive cry for attention. Why in the hell should /he/
    >>> care what /I/ think?

    >> Who says I do? You have an over-reaching sense of your importance.

    That's rich, coming from Michael Snit Glasser!

    > See? He just can't help answering!
    >
    > Snit /needs/ me!

    Yeeeach!

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ
    ˙snɹıʌ ǝzopuıʍ $ɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝǝɹɟ %00⇂
    -- sɯǝʇsʎs xnuıl/nuƃ --

  12. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 13:27:09 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >>> Whether Snit thinks it's an insult or not, in my opinion, his barrage
    >>> is simply a plaintive cry for attention. Why in the hell should /he/
    >>> care what /I/ think?

    >> Who says I do? You have an over-reaching sense of your importance.

    That's rich, coming from Michael Snit Glasser!

    > See? He just can't help answering!
    >
    > Snit /needs/ me!

    Yeeeach!

    --
    ? ?o?? ?u?s s?? ???ss?? si??
    p???u???n? si ??i?? ???nd?o?

  13. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:50:40 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> You sure go on an and and on... but you cannot actually rise to the
    >> level of even *trying* to refute my comments. You just whine a lot.
    >> You will have to do better if you want to keep getting my attention.
    >> Frankly you are getting boring.

    > As long as he replies to you, you'll keep replying to HIM. You thrive on
    > the discord you bring to COLA. Evidently, you are one of those poor souls
    > who got no attention as a child. Now, in adulthood, you figure any
    > attention at all is good, thus your constant B.S. posted here on a daily
    > basis.

    Michael Snit Glasser saying someone whines a lot! LOL! The Prescott
    Computer Guy whines about some keystrokes in Linux, which no one else
    *cares* about, but the troll goes on.......& on.......& on...

    Oh, the irony.

    --
    ? ?o?? ?u?s s?? ???ss?? si??
    p???u???n? si ??i?? ???nd?o?
    ?sn?i? ?zopui? $? ??? ?o ???? %00?
    -- s???s?s xnuil/nu? --

  14. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Timmy wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >> Get over it Tim. At least he's not threatening to ram his
    >> you-know-what up your poop chute and violate your mother, as I've had
    >> happen to me.

    > The point is that he's whining

    LOL

    I think we can all see who is doing the "whining" here, Timmy, with your
    pathetic, ridiculous claim that my calling you "Timmy" constitutes a
    personal attack.

    > that I did *one* personal insult directed
    > toward him, even though he directed many to me, both before and after my
    > alleged single one toward him.

    You're not going to start crying, are you, Timmy?

    Shhesh. If I wanted to whine as much as you are, I could whine that your
    early-on replacing of my text with "[drivel]" constituted a personal
    attack.

  15. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    RonB wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Snit needs all his enablers -- otherwise he wouldn't exist.

    >> Rebuke noted and accepted.

    > It wasn't a rebuke, it was just a general statement. I've had my rounds
    > of "arguing" with Snit. So have a lot of other folks here and on
    > comp.os.mac.advocacy. It's not like he reacts to what you say, he just
    > rewinds, reloads and redrools the same load of crap over and over again.

    Like pretty-much all trolls? They each have their favorite "issues", and
    repeat them forever, despite making complete jackasses of themselves in
    the process.

    > He's a 24/7 crank -- he apparently has no other life.

    Can you say "attention-starved loser"?

  16. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    thufir wrote:

    >>> The sooner you realize that Schestowitz is on a mission, the sooner
    >>> you will be able to look at this group objectively and see what is
    >>> REALLY going on.

    > A "mission" like advocating Linux? In COLA?

    How DARE he! And God forbid he should occasionally post with unbalanced
    or hyperbolic subject line, lest advocates be accused of "raving" about
    something in an unreasonable fashion.

  17. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Timmy wrote:

    > [whining]

    Would you like some cheese with that whine, Timmy?

  18. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    "chrisv" stated in post
    Av-dnTGzZ4QUNC_VnZ2dnUVZ_o7inZ2d@giganews.com on 8/25/08 5:46 AM:

    > RonB wrote:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Rebuke noted and accepted.

    >> It wasn't a rebuke, it was just a general statement. I've had my rounds
    >> of "arguing" with Snit. So have a lot of other folks here and on
    >> comp.os.mac.advocacy. It's not like he reacts to what you say, he just
    >> rewinds, reloads and redrools the same load of crap over and over again.

    > Like pretty-much all trolls? They each have their favorite "issues", and
    > repeat them forever, despite making complete jackasses of themselves in
    > the process.

    We often hear of the value of the number of choices in the OSS/Linux world.
    Choice and freedom are likely two of the biggest reasons people give for
    preferring Linux - the only bigger one might be price.

    But "choice" is tossed around as much as an excuse as anything else - you
    are having problems with distro A or program B... well, then chose something
    else. Sure, it might have *other* problems and does not support your window
    manager well, but you have *choice*, you can pick what to use.

    This is a very weak form of choice - you pretty much get a mish-mash of
    mismatched "parts" that make no coherent whole ... and you get to choose
    between effectively and infinite set of variations on that theme.

    If someone *wants* such a choice then, sure, they should be able to have
    such a system... no argument here.

    But what if Linux/OSS could grow to offer higher-end coherent choices? What
    if you, the user (or distro manager), could *chose* to have a print dialog
    that best meets *your* needs... and have it apply to (essentially) every GUI
    program you use. Same with color pickers, spell checkers, save dialogs,
    window decorations and widgets, the look of buttons and other UI elements,
    font selection tools, "generic" hot keys, "generic" menu labels and
    organization, and on and on and on.

    Of course you would not be locked into your choice for all programs - say
    you liked a specific color picker but for one program wanted to use its
    built in color picker... of *course* you should be able to easily do so.
    This is not about limiting choices in *any* way - it is about envisioning a
    set of higher level choices.

    More control. More choices... higher level choices. That would be
    excellent.

    But why do so many people in COLA fear or resent the suggestion to have more
    choice? Why do they mischaracterize it as someone suggesting *less* choice
    - the exact antithesis of what my ideas actually are? What about this
    *concept* is so hard for them to understand - and why fight *against* it?

    Granted: I *know* implementation and encouragement to build the standards
    needed to grow this much would not be easy nor would it be absolute - but
    the question of implementation is not even generally discussed in COLA...
    the very idea of the possibility is enough to freak out many of the COLA
    regulars.

    I find that bizarre.

    --
    You really have to give credit to Apple for driving innovation.

    "If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
    - Anatole France

  19. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    chrisv writes:

    > Timmy wrote:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Get over it Tim. At least he's not threatening to ram his
    >>> you-know-what up your poop chute and violate your mother, as I've had
    >>> happen to me.

    >> The point is that he's whining

    > LOL
    >
    > I think we can all see who is doing the "whining" here, Timmy, with your
    > pathetic, ridiculous claim that my calling you "Timmy" constitutes a
    > personal attack.
    >
    >> that I did *one* personal insult directed
    >> toward him, even though he directed many to me, both before and after my
    >> alleged single one toward him.

    > You're not going to start crying, are you, Timmy?
    >
    > Shhesh. If I wanted to whine as much as you are, I could whine that your
    > early-on replacing of my text with "[drivel]" constituted a personal
    > attack.

    Tim Smith whine? If you call posting facts and remaining civil in the
    face of personal attacks from foul mouthed arseholes like you "whining"
    then you need to get a new dictionary.

    --
    "Give it up because going on the offensive, and you are quite offensive, is
    not going to cover up your trolling and nym shifting blunders no matter now

  20. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    chrisv writes:

    > RonB wrote:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Rebuke noted and accepted.

    >> It wasn't a rebuke, it was just a general statement. I've had my rounds
    >> of "arguing" with Snit. So have a lot of other folks here and on
    >> comp.os.mac.advocacy. It's not like he reacts to what you say, he just
    >> rewinds, reloads and redrools the same load of crap over and over again.

    > Like pretty-much all trolls? They each have their favorite "issues", and
    > repeat them forever, despite making complete jackasses of themselves in
    > the process.
    >
    >> He's a 24/7 crank -- he apparently has no other life.

    > Can you say "attention-starved loser"?

    Do appear in a cloud of green smoke when people do?