[News] What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge) - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge) - Linux ; On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:37:52 -0400, Linonut wrote: > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo: > >> A quick look shows some very interesting material but I will not reveal >> anything until I am 100 percent ...

  1. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:37:52 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> A quick look shows some very interesting material but I will not reveal
    >> anything until I am 100 percent sure.
    >>
    >> You can be assured that when I expose that SOB it will be big, and it
    >> will be backed by verifiable facts and at that time COLA will be in
    >> total denial because they, in general, are too stupid to see what he is
    >> up to.

    > Don't forget the tin-foil hat, Moshe.

    Yeah, like anyone (except the other wintrolls) will take the word of a
    known *troll*.
    Boy, are these wintrolls desperate.

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ

  2. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 00:10:27 +0000, thufir wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:57:03 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >

    >>> The sooner you realize that Schestowitz is on a mission, the sooner you
    >>> will be able to look at this group objectively and see what is REALLY
    >>> going on.

    > A "mission" like advocating Linux? In COLA?

    Well, who'd have thunk it!

    >> The sooner you realise we *dont care* what schestowitz's mission is, or
    >> your for that matter, and try and stay on topic in th group the better.

    > Well, it does matter if so-and-so is a shill, it effects their
    > credibility. No, I don't believe Sheistowitz (sp) is a shill. It *does*
    > matter what a persons "mission" is, their slant. Everyone on usenet has
    > a particular slant, it's kinda the point. Even if you're discussing
    > knitting needles, you'll still have a POV.

    The wintrolls are getting desperate! If there are any shills in here, it's
    *more* likely to be a wintroll.

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ
    ˙snɹıʌ ǝzopuıʍ $ɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝǝɹɟ %00⇂
    -- sɯǝʇsʎs xnuıl/nuƃ --

  3. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    > Tim did pose a direct question to Chrisv....

    Odd. Usually Tim tracks down the links himself, and triumphantly posts
    them.

    --
    I got a hint of things to come when I overheard my boss lamenting, 'The
    books are done and we still don't have an author! I must sign someone

  4. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    > Trust me, if even a 1/4 of the stuff people are emailing me is true, your
    > boy Roy Schestowitz will be sunk faster than the Titanic.
    >
    > Roy's downfall is ICQ and the fact that he tends to piss people off who are
    > near to him and who know his operation.
    >
    > A couple of well placed people in FSF, Canocle and Groklaw have confirmed
    > my suspicions.
    >
    > This is going to be big, but like I said until I can confirm the facts if
    > indeed they are even factual, I will say no more.

    Whatever.

    Until you clarify, I'm assuming you're just trying to make Roy's
    ventures into online journalism and scored-blogging into some kind of
    conspiracy at worst, or paid shilling at best.

    Even if true, it's like comparing the Mafia to some kid's lemonade-stand
    racket.

    Let's see if you can wipe that smile off my face.

    --
    If while you are in school, there is a shortage of qualified personnel
    in a particular field, then by the time you graduate with the necessary

  5. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:33:24 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Trust me, if even a 1/4 of the stuff people are emailing me is true,
    >> your boy Roy Schestowitz will be sunk faster than the Titanic.
    >>
    >> Roy's downfall is ICQ and the fact that he tends to piss people off who
    >> are near to him and who know his operation.
    >>
    >> A couple of well placed people in FSF, Canocle and Groklaw have
    >> confirmed my suspicions.
    >>
    >> This is going to be big, but like I said until I can confirm the facts
    >> if indeed they are even factual, I will say no more.

    > Whatever.
    >
    > Until you clarify, I'm assuming you're just trying to make Roy's ventures
    > into online journalism and scored-blogging into some kind of conspiracy at
    > worst, or paid shilling at best.
    >
    > Even if true, it's like comparing the Mafia to some kid's lemonade-stand
    > racket.
    >
    > Let's see if you can wipe that smile off my face.

    Oooh! Flatfarce has invisible friends emailing him with information.
    Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ
    ˙snɹıʌ ǝzopuıʍ $ɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝǝɹɟ %00⇂
    -- sɯǝʇsʎs xnuıl/nuƃ --

  6. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:33:24 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > Whatever.
    >
    > Until you clarify, I'm assuming you're just trying to make Roy's
    > ventures into online journalism and scored-blogging into some kind of
    > conspiracy at worst, or paid shilling at best.
    >
    > Even if true, it's like comparing the Mafia to some kid's lemonade-stand
    > racket.
    >
    > Let's see if you can wipe that smile off my face.

    Actually I really don't give a hoot what Schestowitz does because he is the
    worlds greatest example for NOT using Linux.

    IOW Schestowitz is just about every single Linux stereotype all rolled into
    one package.

    The last thing on earth I would want is to see him stop posting.

    It's more his motives that are questionable, not what he is doing.
    The drones in COLA seem to believe he is doing all of this out of the
    goodness of his own heart.
    Nothing could be further from the truth.

    The beauty of people like Roy is that they have personalities that make
    them think they are superior to others and that they are above being
    caught.
    This is preciously what generally ends up being their downfall.
    They piss people off and these same people end up spilling the beans.

    All Schestowitz has to do is be honest, explain his true motives, who is
    sponsoring him and why, and he would probably be left alone.

    To lie about it and claim for example he doesn't have this spew machnine
    automated and carefully scripted is just an insult to the intelligence of
    the people in COLA.
    Which brings me back to Roy assuming he is superior....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:46:22 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    > On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:33:24 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Trust me, if even a 1/4 of the stuff people are emailing me is true,
    >>> your boy Roy Schestowitz will be sunk faster than the Titanic.
    >>>
    >>> Roy's downfall is ICQ and the fact that he tends to piss people off who
    >>> are near to him and who know his operation.
    >>>
    >>> A couple of well placed people in FSF, Canocle and Groklaw have
    >>> confirmed my suspicions.
    >>>
    >>> This is going to be big, but like I said until I can confirm the facts
    >>> if indeed they are even factual, I will say no more.

    >> Whatever.
    >>
    >> Until you clarify, I'm assuming you're just trying to make Roy's ventures
    >> into online journalism and scored-blogging into some kind of conspiracy at
    >> worst, or paid shilling at best.
    >>
    >> Even if true, it's like comparing the Mafia to some kid's lemonade-stand
    >> racket.
    >>
    >> Let's see if you can wipe that smile off my face.

    > Oooh! Flatfarce has invisible friends emailing him with information.
    > Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

    Amazing what happens when you use a real email address hey Geoff M. Fitton.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    > The beauty of people like Roy is that they have personalities that make
    > them think they are superior to others and that they are above being
    > caught.

    You're making me laugh.

    > This is preciously what generally ends up being their downfall.
    > They piss people off and these same people end up spilling the beans.

    Yeah, spreading some dope about Microsoft would tend to piss certain
    people off.

    --
    Brace yourselves. We're about to try something that borders on the unique:
    an actually rather serious technical book which is not only (gasp) vehemently

  9. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    In article ,
    Linonut wrote:
    > * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    > > In article <574ua41e2rpak2r8mpvle7g1r2nbca8cv7@4ax.com>,
    > > chrisv wrote:
    > > [hypocrisy deleted]
    > >
    > > Note three more personal insults from chrisv: 1 instance of "drunken"
    > > and 2 instances of calling me by something other than my name.

    > Get over it Tim. At least he's not threatening to ram his you-know-what
    > up your poop chute and violate your mother, as I've had happen to me.

    The point is that he's whining that I did *one* personal insult directed
    toward him, even though he directed many to me, both before and after my
    alleged single one toward him.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  10. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:52:32 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> The beauty of people like Roy is that they have personalities that make
    >> them think they are superior to others and that they are above being
    >> caught.

    > You're making me laugh.

    Go take a listen to Schestowitz on that podcast...
    Spamowtiz is the epitome of the pseudo intellectual.
    In the process he ends up making an ass of himself.

    Observe him one-upping people all the time.
    He does this on digg quite frquently.

    I meet people like Roy all the time.

    >> This is preciously what generally ends up being their downfall.
    >> They piss people off and these same people end up spilling the beans.

    > Yeah, spreading some dope about Microsoft would tend to piss certain
    > people off.

    I rarely talk about Microsoft.
    Examples please.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    > The point is that he's whining that I did *one* personal insult directed
    > toward him, even though he directed many to me, both before and after my
    > alleged single one toward him.

    Careful! You're treading on Snit territory here.

    --
    Life is like an onion: you peel off layer after layer and then you find
    there is nothing in it.

  12. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    "Linonut" stated in post
    11esk.16589$Ep1.10967@bignews2.bellsouth.net on 8/24/08 7:18 AM:

    > * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> The point is that he's whining that I did *one* personal insult directed
    >> toward him, even though he directed many to me, both before and after my
    >> alleged single one toward him.

    > Careful! You're treading on Snit territory here.

    Ah, you just made *another* insult directed in my direction.

    You do that a lot.

    And that pretty effectively disproves your above whining about me.

    Face it: the reason you whine about me is that I have pointed out a rather
    serious weakness in the desktop Linux world: the lack of a reasonable option
    of consistency in the user experience on any given system / distro. This is
    something that Shuttleworth and others important in the Linux ecosystem
    understand and have acknowledged... and it is something that will get better
    over time. But there is no good solution *now*. This does not mean Linux
    is bad or anything else you attribute to me... but it is a *weakness*.

    Sad how many people in COLA take this personally. I wonder how many people
    would take the lack of flexibility in modifying the UI of OS X that
    personally?

    --
    Never stand between a dog and the hydrant. - John Peers

  13. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "Linonut" stated in post
    > 11esk.16589$Ep1.10967@bignews2.bellsouth.net on 8/24/08 7:18 AM:
    >
    >> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> The point is that he's whining that I did *one* personal insult directed
    >>> toward him, even though he directed many to me, both before and after my
    >>> alleged single one toward him.

    >> Careful! You're treading on Snit territory here.

    > Ah, you just made *another* insult directed in my direction.

    I see. You do indeed understand that your behavior is undesirable.

    > You do that a lot.

    But I lack the skill that Tatto Vampire has, alas.

    > And that pretty effectively disproves your above whining about me.

    Lemma: Insults prove and disprove nothing.

    > Face it: the reason you whine about me is that I have pointed out a rather
    > serious weakness in the desktop Linux world...

    1. I don't "whine".

    2. I don't care at all what people think of the Linux desktop
    experience. I love it the way it is. If other's do not, let them
    deal with it. The code is available for forking.

    --
    Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed
    down-stairs a step at a time.

  14. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    "Linonut" stated in post
    b1fsk.15288$rD2.6369@bignews4.bellsouth.net on 8/24/08 8:23 AM:

    > * Snit peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> "Linonut" stated in post
    >> 11esk.16589$Ep1.10967@bignews2.bellsouth.net on 8/24/08 7:18 AM:
    >>
    >>> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Careful! You're treading on Snit territory here.

    >> Ah, you just made *another* insult directed in my direction.

    > I see. You do indeed understand that your behavior is undesirable.
    >
    >> You do that a lot.

    > But I lack the skill that Tatto Vampire has, alas.
    >
    >> And that pretty effectively disproves your above whining about me.

    > Lemma: Insults prove and disprove nothing.
    >
    >> Face it: the reason you whine about me is that I have pointed out a rather
    >> serious weakness in the desktop Linux world...

    > 1. I don't "whine".
    >
    > 2. I don't care at all what people think of the Linux desktop
    > experience. I love it the way it is. If other's do not, let them
    > deal with it. The code is available for forking.

    You sure go on an and and on... but you cannot actually rise to the level of
    even *trying* to refute my comments. You just whine a lot. You will have
    to do better if you want to keep getting my attention. Frankly you are
    getting boring.

    --
    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  15. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Snit wrote:

    > Ah, you just made *another* insult directed in my direction.
    >
    > You do that a lot.

    You deserve it a lot.

    > Face it: the reason you whine about me is that I have pointed out a rather
    > serious weakness in the desktop Linux world: the lack of a reasonable option
    > of consistency in the user experienceblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
    > blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblah
    > blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblah
    > blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblah
    > blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahblahblahblahblah

    You're one BORING individual.

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....A preposition is what you don't end a sentence with. Um.

    Good to the last supper

  16. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Snit wrote:

    > You sure go on an and and on... but you cannot actually rise to the level of
    > even *trying* to refute my comments. You just whine a lot. You will have
    > to do better if you want to keep getting my attention. Frankly you are
    > getting boring.

    As long as he replies to you, you'll keep replying to HIM. You thrive on the
    discord you bring to COLA. Evidently, you are one of those poor souls who
    got no attention as a child. Now, in adulthood, you figure any attention at
    all is good, thus your constant B.S. posted here on a daily basis.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....A preposition is what you don't end a sentence with. Um.

    Good to the last supper

  17. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    3ee2evmuue6z$.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 8/24/08 8:50 AM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> You sure go on an and and on... but you cannot actually rise to the level of
    >> even *trying* to refute my comments. You just whine a lot. You will have
    >> to do better if you want to keep getting my attention. Frankly you are
    >> getting boring.

    > As long as he replies to you, you'll keep replying to HIM. You thrive on the
    > discord you bring to COLA. Evidently, you are one of those poor souls who
    > got no attention as a child. Now, in adulthood, you figure any attention at
    > all is good, thus your constant B.S. posted here on a daily basis.

    Your insults do nothing to make you look more reasonable.

    --
    Is Swiss cheese made out of hole milk?

  18. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Snit wrote:

    > Your insults do nothing to make you look more reasonable.

    I'm not the least bit interested in appearing reasonable to the likes of
    you.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Sorcerer parking only. Violators will be toad.

    Good to the last supper

  19. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    * Tattoo Vampire peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> You sure go on an and and on... but you cannot actually rise to the level of
    >> even *trying* to refute my comments. You just whine a lot. You will have
    >> to do better if you want to keep getting my attention. Frankly you are
    >> getting boring.

    > As long as he replies to you, you'll keep replying to HIM. You thrive on the
    > discord you bring to COLA. Evidently, you are one of those poor souls who
    > got no attention as a child. Now, in adulthood, you figure any attention at
    > all is good, thus your constant B.S. posted here on a daily basis.

    Exactly.

    It's been obvious since he first started posting here.

    I made my point early on: I don't give a rat's ass about consistency.
    That means that his fluffery, quoted studies, references to the opinions
    of fellow COLA advocates and various trolling idiots, etc. just go right
    over my head.

    But he just keeps piling it on.

    I don't have to prove anything here. I'm just stating my experience.
    In my experience, the "consistency" thing is way overrated.

    Whether Snit thinks it's an insult or not, in my opinion, his barrage is
    simply a plaintive cry for attention. Why in the hell should /he/ care
    what /I/ think?

    --
    Not responsible for typographical errors.

  20. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    "Linonut" stated in post
    RIgsk.15447$IB6.3307@bignews8.bellsouth.net on 8/24/08 10:19 AM:

    > * Tattoo Vampire peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> You sure go on an and and on... but you cannot actually rise to the level of
    >>> even *trying* to refute my comments. You just whine a lot. You will have
    >>> to do better if you want to keep getting my attention. Frankly you are
    >>> getting boring.

    >> As long as he replies to you, you'll keep replying to HIM. You thrive on the
    >> discord you bring to COLA. Evidently, you are one of those poor souls who
    >> got no attention as a child. Now, in adulthood, you figure any attention at
    >> all is good, thus your constant B.S. posted here on a daily basis.

    > Exactly.
    >
    > It's been obvious since he first started posting here.
    >
    > I made my point early on: I don't give a rat's ass about consistency.
    > That means that his fluffery, quoted studies, references to the opinions
    > of fellow COLA advocates and various trolling idiots, etc. just go right
    > over my head.
    >
    > But he just keeps piling it on.

    So if it is a topic you are not interested in and one that goes over your
    head, as you say, then why pay attention to it at all? In discussions of
    programming details I am not that interested and they might go over my head
    - so I leave them be. I certainly would not tell others they should not
    talk about such things. I might even spend some time and try to *learn*
    from the discussion...

    > I don't have to prove anything here. I'm just stating my experience.
    > In my experience, the "consistency" thing is way overrated.

    You are welcome to your opinion. OK. So?

    > Whether Snit thinks it's an insult or not, in my opinion, his barrage is
    > simply a plaintive cry for attention. Why in the hell should /he/ care
    > what /I/ think?

    Who says I do? You have an over-reaching sense of your importance.

    --
    I think we [the folks who make Linux desktops] don't yet deliver a good
    enough user experience.