[News] What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge) - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge) - Linux ; On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:57:28 -0500, chrisv wrote: > Tim Smith wrote: > >> [troll] > > Are you advocating Linux, Timmy? If not, why the hypocrisy? Stop twisting the subject. He asked you a direct question. -- Moshe ...

  1. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    In article ,
    chrisv wrote:
    [drivel]

    Reading comprehension is not your strong point, is it?

    Ask nicely (for a change), and I'll explain two or three of the half
    dozen or so fundamental errors of reading comprehension and/or logic
    you've made in this thread so far, if you'd like a chance to better
    yourself.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  3. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    In article ,
    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:

    > Stop twisting the subject.
    > He asked you a direct question.

    To be fair to him, he can't really twist the subject. That would
    require understanding the subject. He didn't understand what Roy wrote.
    He didn't understand my response to that. And he hasn't understood any
    of the following posts.

    Par for the course for him. If we are lucky, maybe the chrisv forger
    will start answering for him--then we might see something actually
    sensible with chrisv's name attacked.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  4. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Aug 21, 4:55*pm, Tim Smith wrote:
    > In article ,*chrisv wrote:
    >
    > [drivel]
    >
    > Reading comprehension is not your strong point, is it?
    >
    > Ask nicely (for a change), and I'll explain two or three of the half
    > dozen or so fundamental errors of reading comprehension and/or logic
    > you've made in this thread so far, if you'd like a chance to better
    > yourself.
    >
    > --
    > --Tim Smith

    This is advocacy by showing that linux is just as bad as Microsoft.
    I can see why people want to switch for something just as bad.

  5. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Aug 20, 5:47*am, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

> [...]
    > | field, the Fedora Project, a Red Hat sponsored and community-supported open
    > | source collaboration, has announced the newly created Fedora Scholarship
    > | programme.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/28172/news.htm
    >
    > 9 + 5 things you’ll get with Fedora 10
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Fedora 10 will be released on 28th October 2008, let’s take a look atwhat
    > | some of the upcoming features, 9 of them have been accepted by the team, 5
    > | more are still in the “proposed” state. If you want you can check the whole
    > | list.
    > `----
    >
    > http://fabrizioballiano.net/2008/08/...url.com/5n2eqw
    >
    > Fedora 10 Alpha Cambridge [Screenshots]
    >
    > http://gnuman.com/screenshots.html?gid=37
    >
    > Fedora 10 Alpha Preview
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | In this article we have screenshots of Fedora 10 along with some of the
    > | features you can expect when this Linux operating system ships in October.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...10_alpha&num=1
    >
    > Red Hat, community release Fedora 10 alpha
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Red Hat and project contributors have released alpha code for Fedora 10, the
    > | next version of the community-sponsored, free and open source Linux
    > | distribution that will include enhancements to the audio, security and
    > | wireless-connection features of the operating system.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...mmunity-releas...
    >
    > Fedora on a stick
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Fedora 9 now lets you create a bootable Linux distribution on a flash drive
    > | with persistence. In other words, you can not only boot any PC that will
    > | accept USB drive booting into Linux, you can even boot into your own personal
    > | desktop. Now, that can be useful.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.linux.com/feature/143261
    >
    > Fedora 10 Codenamed "Cambridge"
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Cambridge was the Red Hat project that went on to form Fedora Core and it was
    > | the release name for Fedora Core 1. Now with Fedora 10, Red Hat has gone
    > | full-circle and its codename is Cambridge. This codename was voted on by
    > | Fedora contributors and among the other contenders were Farnsworth, Nitrate,
    > | Saltpetre, Terror, and Whiskey Run.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjYyNg
    >
    > Early Fedora 10 Artwork
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Since I did a look at Ubuntu’s early concept art and since I am usually very
    > | impressed by Fedora’s final art, I decided that it would make sense to take a
    > | look at what has appeared on the Fedora Art Team wiki. I have actually been
    > | waiting a few days to do this, since, as of just a few days ago, there were
    > | not enough submissions that I liked to talk about.

    Well, Fedora 9 did not get great reviews.
    Check Distro Watch.

    I know, COLA now has issues with all the reviewers.
    You think they can actually get it together in 10?

    But I do have to say. At least Fedora makes an effort
    to improve.

  6. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Tim Smith wrote:

    >[non-responsive personal attack]

    Poor Timmy, with his idiocy laid-bare again.

    At least you have the mentally-ill flat**** troll on your side, Timmy!

  7. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On 2008-08-21, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > On Aug 21, 4:55*pm, Tim Smith wrote:
    >> In article ,*chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >> [drivel]
    >>
    >> Reading comprehension is not your strong point, is it?
    >>
    >> Ask nicely (for a change), and I'll explain two or three of the half
    >> dozen or so fundamental errors of reading comprehension and/or logic
    >> you've made in this thread so far, if you'd like a chance to better
    >> yourself.
    >>
    >> --
    >> --Tim Smith

    > This is advocacy by showing that linux is just as bad as Microsoft.
    > I can see why people want to switch for something just as bad.

    It all depends on the roll of the dice.

    Will your random collection of spare parts like the next OS that comes along.

    I can try the next Ubuntu gratis. You can't do the same for the next Windows.

    Nevermind the fact that Microsoft will do everything it can to make that
    next version of Windows or Office a mandatory upgrade...

    That's how they stay in business afterall.

    --

    It is not true that Microsoft doesn't innovate.

    They brought us the email virus.

    In my Atari days, such a notion would have |||
    been considered a complete absurdity. / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

  8. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    In article ,
    chrisv wrote:

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    > >[non-responsive personal attack]

    Uh oh...I'm falling behind. If, by some stretch, noting the fact of
    your poor reading comprehension counts as a person attack, that's one
    from me, versus at least four from you in this branch of the thread
    alone.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  9. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Timmy wrote:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >> >[non-responsive personal attack]

    >Uh oh...I'm falling behind. If, by some stretch, noting the fact of
    >your poor reading comprehension counts as a person attack, that's one
    >from me, versus at least four from you in this branch of the thread
    >alone.

    I'd sure like to see you detail those alleged four personal attacks
    from me in "this branch of the thread", Timmy. I count _one_, which
    came _after_ you resorted to personal attacks.

    Poor Timmy.

  10. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 13:21:03 -0500, chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> Chrisv thinks this group is comp.os.find.minor.windows.problems, or
    >>> perhaps
    >>> comp.sys.look.someone.found.an.iphone.glitch.there fore.apple.is.evil.

    >> Timmy thinks this group is comp.sys.defend.microsoft, or
    >> perhaps
    >> comp.sys.attack.linux.advocates

    > I don't see anyone in this group defending Microsoft except maybe Erik and
    > that is generally related to highly technical issues of which he seems to
    > have a great deal of knowledge.
    >
    > I certainly do not defend Microsoft however when untruths are posted I make
    > an attempt to correct them.
    >
    > The sooner you realize that Schestowitz is on a mission, the sooner you
    > will be able to look at this group objectively and see what is REALLY going
    > on.

    The sooner you realise we *dont care* what schestowitz's mission is, or
    your for that matter, and try and stay on topic in th group the better.
    This is a group for discussing the pros and cons of linux versus other
    operating systems. A comparison of linux to a negative view of windows
    is a natural expression of that charter and should not be an invite for
    loads of windows zealots to jump on the poster. This is the correct
    place for that kind of post. If you want pro windows posts, go to a pro
    windows newsgroup, which I'm sure will have negative comments about
    linux in it.

  11. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:57:03 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Timmy thinks this group is comp.sys.defend.microsoft, or
    >>> perhaps
    >>> comp.sys.attack.linux.advocates

    >> I don't see anyone in this group defending Microsoft except maybe Erik and
    >> that is generally related to highly technical issues of which he seems to
    >> have a great deal of knowledge.
    >>
    >> I certainly do not defend Microsoft however when untruths are posted I make
    >> an attempt to correct them.
    >>
    >> The sooner you realize that Schestowitz is on a mission, the sooner you
    >> will be able to look at this group objectively and see what is REALLY going
    >> on.

    > The sooner you realise we *dont care* what schestowitz's mission is, or
    > your for that matter, and try and stay on topic in th group the better.

    Well I'm for that.
    Others don't seem to be however.

    > This is a group for discussing the pros and cons of linux versus other
    > operating systems. A comparison of linux to a negative view of windows
    > is a natural expression of that charter and should not be an invite for
    > loads of windows zealots to jump on the poster.

    Not true, at least not for me.
    Example: the thread we were discussing Indexing and Windows etc.
    I agree it's a bad thing.

    I try to tell it like I see it.
    I'll admit to a little creative latitude now and then though

    >This is the correct
    > place for that kind of post. If you want pro windows posts, go to a pro
    > windows newsgroup, which I'm sure will have negative comments about
    > linux in it.

    Show me where I am posting pro-Windows posts?

    There are also Microsoft hate groups which is where a good portion of
    Schestowitz's posts belong.
    Then there is the patent issues which are taking up a good portion of this
    group as well and IMHO are a fringe issue.

    Bottom line is if you or I stretch the goal posts enough, any topic can be
    shoe horned into the *charter* of this group.

    IOW let's talk about the landscaping at Redhat's Corporate Building vs the
    Microsoft Campus.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    In article <5sbta4l0fblal9dm1uhm4f5v1j9fbop31b@4ax.com>,
    chrisv wrote:
    [innumeracy deleted]

    Well, not only can you not read, you cannot count. In this thread
    alone, you have resorted to personal insults at least 8 times now.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  13. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    Timmy wrote:

    >[drunken nonsense]

    LOL

    Sure, Timmy.

  14. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    In article <574ua41e2rpak2r8mpvle7g1r2nbca8cv7@4ax.com>,
    chrisv wrote:
    [hypocrisy deleted]

    Note three more personal insults from chrisv: 1 instance of "drunken"
    and 2 instances of calling me by something other than my name.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  15. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:57:03 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >> The sooner you realize that Schestowitz is on a mission, the sooner you
    >> will be able to look at this group objectively and see what is REALLY
    >> going on.

    A "mission" like advocating Linux? In COLA?

    > The sooner you realise we *dont care* what schestowitz's mission is, or
    > your for that matter, and try and stay on topic in th group the better.

    Well, it does matter if so-and-so is a shill, it effects their credibility. No,
    I don't believe Sheistowitz (sp) is a shill. It *does* matter what a persons
    "mission" is, their slant. Everyone on usenet has a particular
    slant, it's kinda the point. Even if you're discussing knitting needles,
    you'll still have a POV.

    -Thufir

  16. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 00:10:27 GMT, thufir wrote:

    > On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:57:03 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >

    >>> The sooner you realize that Schestowitz is on a mission, the sooner you
    >>> will be able to look at this group objectively and see what is REALLY
    >>> going on.

    > A "mission" like advocating Linux? In COLA?
    >
    >> The sooner you realise we *dont care* what schestowitz's mission is, or
    >> your for that matter, and try and stay on topic in th group the better.

    > Well, it does matter if so-and-so is a shill, it effects their credibility. No,
    > I don't believe Sheistowitz (sp) is a shill. It *does* matter what a persons
    > "mission" is, their slant. Everyone on usenet has a particular
    > slant, it's kinda the point. Even if you're discussing knitting needles,
    > you'll still have a POV.
    >

    > -Thufir

    Digg a little deeper and the only conclusion you will reach is Schestowitz
    is not onl;y using automated scripts to post but that he MUST be getting
    paid to do it.

    A couple of people have offered me some evidence of who is sponsoring his
    spew but I am still working out the facts.....

    A quick look shows some very interesting material but I will not reveal
    anything until I am 100 percent sure.

    You can be assured that when I expose that SOB it will be big, and it will
    be backed by verifiable facts and at that time COLA will be in total denial
    because they, in general, are too stupid to see what he is up to.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    > In article <574ua41e2rpak2r8mpvle7g1r2nbca8cv7@4ax.com>,
    > chrisv wrote:
    > [hypocrisy deleted]
    >
    > Note three more personal insults from chrisv: 1 instance of "drunken"
    > and 2 instances of calling me by something other than my name.

    Get over it Tim. At least he's not threatening to ram his you-know-what
    up your poop chute and violate your mother, as I've had happen to me.

    This place is a bawdy pub, not a church vestibule.

    --
    Trust everybody, but cut the cards.
    -- Finlay Peter Dunne, "Mr. Dooley's Philosophy"

  18. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    > A quick look shows some very interesting material but I will not reveal
    > anything until I am 100 percent sure.
    >
    > You can be assured that when I expose that SOB it will be big, and it will
    > be backed by verifiable facts and at that time COLA will be in total denial
    > because they, in general, are too stupid to see what he is up to.

    Don't forget the tin-foil hat, Moshe.

    --
    Bounders get bound when they are caught bounding.
    -- Ralph Lewin

  19. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:36:38 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> In article <574ua41e2rpak2r8mpvle7g1r2nbca8cv7@4ax.com>,
    >> chrisv wrote:
    >> [hypocrisy deleted]
    >>
    >> Note three more personal insults from chrisv: 1 instance of "drunken"
    >> and 2 instances of calling me by something other than my name.

    > Get over it Tim. At least he's not threatening to ram his you-know-what
    > up your poop chute and violate your mother, as I've had happen to me.
    >
    > This place is a bawdy pub, not a church vestibule.

    Let's leave HPT out of this please.....

    Tim did pose a direct question to Chrisv....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: What's Coming in Fedora 10 (Cambridge)

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:37:52 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> A quick look shows some very interesting material but I will not reveal
    >> anything until I am 100 percent sure.
    >>
    >> You can be assured that when I expose that SOB it will be big, and it will
    >> be backed by verifiable facts and at that time COLA will be in total denial
    >> because they, in general, are too stupid to see what he is up to.

    > Don't forget the tin-foil hat, Moshe.

    Not needed.
    Trust me, if even a 1/4 of the stuff people are emailing me is true, your
    boy Roy Schestowitz will be sunk faster than the Titanic.

    Roy's downfall is ICQ and the fact that he tends to piss people off who are
    near to him and who know his operation.

    A couple of well placed people in FSF, Canocle and Groklaw have confirmed
    my suspicions.

    This is going to be big, but like I said until I can confirm the facts if
    indeed they are even factual, I will say no more.

    I will leave you with a challenge, try and repost Roy's posts, all over the
    net and tell me it is not automated.

    He claims it is not.

    Try it.