  1. We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops and browser freezes

    "[firefox] stops responding if I switch to another desktop using the scroll
    wheel with some of the more intense compiz settings enabled."

    #365 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=37

    Linux just works.

  2. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops andbrowser freezes

    DFS wrote:
    > "[firefox] stops responding if I switch to another desktop using the scroll
    > wheel with some of the more intense compiz settings enabled."
    >
    > #365 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=37
    >

    > Linux just works.

    For someone who hates linux so much you sure do spend a lot of your time
    browsing ubuntuforums.org.

  3. DFS recycles same link he used yesterday to seed searches

    * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "[firefox] stops responding if I switch to another desktop using the scroll
    > wheel with some of the more intense compiz settings enabled."
    >
    > #365 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=37
    >
    > Linux just works.

    That's more than we can say for you.

    --
    The genius of our ruling class is that it has kept a majority of the
    people from ever questioning the inequity of a system where most people

  4. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops and browser freezes

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:24:28 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> "[firefox] stops responding if I switch to another desktop using the scroll
    >> wheel with some of the more intense compiz settings enabled."
    >>
    >> #365 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=37
    >>

    >> Linux just works.

    > For someone who hates linux so much you sure do spend a lot of your time
    > browsing ubuntuforums.org.

    For people who are supposed to be advocating Linux as an operating system
    you guys sure spend a hell of a lot of time dwelling on Microsoft and
    Apple.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops andbrowser freezes

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:24:28 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>> "[firefox] stops responding if I switch to another desktop using the scroll
    >>> wheel with some of the more intense compiz settings enabled."
    >>>
    >>> #365 at
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=37
    >>>

    >>> Linux just works.

    >> For someone who hates linux so much you sure do spend a lot of your time
    >> browsing ubuntuforums.org.

    > For people who are supposed to be advocating Linux as an operating system
    > you guys sure spend a hell of a lot of time dwelling on Microsoft and
    > Apple.

    They're on topic for the newsgroup, unlike yourself.

    Both of those companies supply OS's and devices that run OS's.

  6. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops and browser freezes

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> "[firefox] stops responding if I switch to another desktop using the
    >> scroll wheel with some of the more intense compiz settings enabled."
    >>
    >> #365 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=37
    >>

    >> Linux just works.

    > For someone who hates linux so much you sure do spend a lot of your
    > time browsing ubuntuforums.org.

    I don't hate Linux: I scorn it.

    And why didn't you throw in some kind of lame denial about the slopware
    problem? What kind of "advocate" are you?

  7. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops andbrowser freezes

    DFS wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>> "[firefox] stops responding if I switch to another desktop using the
    >>> scroll wheel with some of the more intense compiz settings enabled."
    >>>
    >>> #365 at
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=37
    >>>

    >>> Linux just works.

    >> For someone who hates linux so much you sure do spend a lot of your
    >> time browsing ubuntuforums.org.

    > I don't hate Linux: I scorn it.
    >
    > And why didn't you throw in some kind of lame denial about the slopware
    > problem? What kind of "advocate" are you?

    A reasonable one. And, because I don't need to.

    What kind of linux advocate are you? I ask, you see, because you keep
    posting to a linux advocacy newsgroup. That makes you a linux advocate,
    a dumb****, or a shill. Whats your pleasure?

  8. Re: DFS recycles same link he used yesterday to seed searches

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:11:42 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> "[firefox] stops responding if I switch to another desktop using the scroll
    >> wheel with some of the more intense compiz settings enabled."
    >>
    >> #365 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=37
    >>
    >> Linux just works.

    > That's more than we can say for you.

    Let's see, Schestowitz does this all the time and nobody says a word.
    He must be on his 100th re-post of the Vista audio problems, which BTW
    Flatfish was the first to post about in COLA.

    Currently Roy Schestowitz is milking the 10 myths about Linux post for all
    is worth.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops and browser freezes

    On 2008-08-20, DFS wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>> "[firefox] stops responding if I switch to another desktop using the
    >>> scroll wheel with some of the more intense compiz settings enabled."
    >>>
    >>> #365 at
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=37
    >>>

    >>> Linux just works.

    >> For someone who hates linux so much you sure do spend a lot of your
    >> time browsing ubuntuforums.org.

    > I don't hate Linux: I scorn it.
    >
    > And why didn't you throw in some kind of lame denial about the slopware
    > problem? What kind of "advocate" are you?

    Anyone that wants to see how full of **** you are can just read the
    rest of that forum, or even try a Linux LiveCD.

    That's the beauty of something like Linux. It's easy for people to
    cut through the crap for themselves. A spectator here doesn't have to
    take your word for it or even mine.

    --
    Apple: Because a large harddrive is for power users.
    / | \

  10. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops and browser freezes

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:41:17 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> For someone who hates linux so much you sure do spend a lot of your time
    >>> browsing ubuntuforums.org.

    >> For people who are supposed to be advocating Linux as an operating system
    >> you guys sure spend a hell of a lot of time dwelling on Microsoft and
    >> Apple.
    >>

    > They're on topic for the newsgroup, unlike yourself.

    I'm comparing Linux vs Windows...
    That's what the charter says....
    Maybe an occasional O/T post but for the most part I am on topic.

    Roy Schestowitz violates the charter 100's if not 1000's of times a
    month...

    > Both of those companies supply OS's and devices that run OS's.

    Yea, and we all breath air.
    Come on already.

    You sound like the kid who has to write a report about Africa and discovers
    that he knows nothing about Africa but he is an expert when it comes to
    elephants.

    His report goes something like this:

    Africa is a very hot country that contains many species of animals
    including Elephants.

    The Elephant family is s a large land mammal in the order Proboscidea.
    There are three living species: the African Bush Elephant, the African
    Forest Elephant and the Asian Elephant (also known as the Indian Elephant).
    Other species have become extinct since the last ice age, the Mammoths
    being the best-known of these. They were once classified along with other
    thick skinned animals in a now invalid order, Pachydermata.

    .........and on and on for 4 pages about Elephants.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops andbrowser freezes

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> Both of those companies supply OS's and devices that run OS's.

    > Yea, and we all breath air.
    > Come on already.

    ? Your point being? Linux is an operating system. Its advocacy includes
    by definition comparison to other operating systems.

    > You sound like the kid who has to write a report about Africa and discovers
    > that he knows nothing about Africa but he is an expert when it comes to
    > elephants.
    >
    > His report goes something like this:
    >
    > Africa is a very hot country that contains many species of animals
    > including Elephants.
    >
    > The Elephant family is s a large land mammal in the order Proboscidea.
    > There are three living species: the African Bush Elephant, the African
    > Forest Elephant and the Asian Elephant (also known as the Indian Elephant).
    > Other species have become extinct since the last ice age, the Mammoths
    > being the best-known of these. They were once classified along with other
    > thick skinned animals in a now invalid order, Pachydermata.
    >
    > ........and on and on for 4 pages about Elephants.....

    Erm ok. Sounds typically like one of your posts in here. i.e. complete
    bollocks.

  12. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops and browser freezes

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:49:32 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>> Both of those companies supply OS's and devices that run OS's.

    >> Yea, and we all breath air.
    >> Come on already.

    > ? Your point being? Linux is an operating system. Its advocacy includes
    > by definition comparison to other operating systems.

    Bill Gates and his trust fund isn't an operating system...
    Neither are a good portion of what Schestowitz spews here.

    IOW you are stretching the envelope...

    >> You sound like the kid who has to write a report about Africa and discovers
    >> that he knows nothing about Africa but he is an expert when it comes to
    >> elephants.
    >>
    >> His report goes something like this:
    >>
    >> Africa is a very hot country that contains many species of animals
    >> including Elephants.
    >>
    >> The Elephant family is s a large land mammal in the order Proboscidea.
    >> There are three living species: the African Bush Elephant, the African
    >> Forest Elephant and the Asian Elephant (also known as the Indian Elephant).
    >> Other species have become extinct since the last ice age, the Mammoths
    >> being the best-known of these. They were once classified along with other
    >> thick skinned animals in a now invalid order, Pachydermata.
    >>
    >> ........and on and on for 4 pages about Elephants.....

    > Erm ok. Sounds typically like one of your posts in here. i.e. complete
    > bollocks.

    Whatever....

    It's your group that the likes of Schestowitz has destroyed.
    Google backs this up rather nicely....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: DFS recycles same link he used yesterday to seed searches

    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:11:42 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >> * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Linux just works.

    >> That's more than we can say for you.

    > Let's see, Schestowitz does this all the time and nobody says a word.

    You do. All the time. To a fault.

    --
    Use a pun, go to jail.

  14. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops andbrowser freezes

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Yea, and we all breath air.
    >>> Come on already.

    >> ? Your point being? Linux is an operating system. Its advocacy includes
    >> by definition comparison to other operating systems.

    > Bill Gates and his trust fund isn't an operating system...
    > Neither are a good portion of what Schestowitz spews here.
    >
    > IOW you are stretching the envelope...

    Bill Gates was Chief Software Architect and Chairman of the company that
    designed and built the current iterations of windows. He is very much
    relevant.

  15. Re: DFS recycles same link he used yesterday to seed searches

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:17:19 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:11:42 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>> * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> That's more than we can say for you.

    >> Let's see, Schestowitz does this all the time and nobody says a word.

    > You do. All the time. To a fault.

    When I need to back up a claim I use the links I have.
    Schestowitz just spews it to seed google.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops and browser freezes

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:59:21 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >On 2008-08-20, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >> On Aug 20, 11:10*am, "Moshe Goldfarb."
    >> wrote:

    >[deletia]

    >> I use linux cause I am a geek and can handle the issues.

    > I use Linux because I really don't have any interest
    >in the hegemony wares (IE & msoffice). This was true even
    >when I still ran Windows.

    > I use Linux because I prefer my system to not self-destruct
    >from bitrot or me visiting some "wrong" website.
    >
    > I was tired of fixing Windows problems. Although I still
    >do that on occasion.

    > I also tend to do things for Windows users when they are
    >unable to cope with the task in their own environment. This
    >includes occasional fixes and installs.

    >> I like free too. I am poor because I became a PHP geek.
    >> Had I went .NET I would be worth a lot more.

    > I don't use Linux out of some expectation that it will
    >look good on some sort of IT resume.

    I use linux because microsoft operating systems are crap. When windows
    3.1 was the best MS could do, I used OS/2 and had a true multitasking
    multithreaded 32 bit OS and was able to find applications and hardware to
    do everything I wanted and do it better. I didn't have to suffer with
    can't walk and talk at the same windows or it's piece of **** primitive file
    system.

    When OS/2 died, I switched to linux and haven't regreted it one bit.
    Dealing with my hardware was a bit of a PITA, but I knew it would be a learning
    period. I haven't had any hardware issues after the first 9 months of using
    linux. Everything eventually got set up and everything always keeps workin.
    New hardware purchases are investigated first and I always find quality
    solutions.
    There's vmware for the few windows apps I run, and linux versions of everything
    else including many apps that aren't available for windows.

    Every time I repair a ****ed up windows system, I'm reminded why I use linux. My
    laptop finally switched to linux as ubuntu now handles every single bit of it's
    hardware perfectly. I laugh when I see somebody boot up vista and take a
    coffee break knowing that it is useless for five minutes after the desktop
    appears.

  17. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops and browser freezes

    JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > Anyone that wants to see how full of **** you are can just read the
    > rest of that forum, or even try a Linux LiveCD.
    >
    > That's the beauty of something like Linux. It's easy for people to
    > cut through the crap for themselves. A spectator here doesn't have to
    > take your word for it or even mine.

    Exactly. With a LiveCD you can actually load up Linux and experience the
    unrecognized hardware. Be dumbfounded at the low quality of many of the
    apps. Gasp at the bogus games. Puzzle at the non-working menu items. The
    locking up when you visit a website with Flash objects. etc etc etc

    You might have fun tweaking and poking around Linux for a while, but that
    wears off right away when you find yourself needing that fabulous Windows
    app or game.

    I see Linux staying below 3% for another decade at least.

  18. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops and browser freezes

    On 2008-08-21, DFS wrote:
    > JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone that wants to see how full of **** you are can just read the
    >> rest of that forum, or even try a Linux LiveCD.
    >>
    >> That's the beauty of something like Linux. It's easy for people to
    >> cut through the crap for themselves. A spectator here doesn't have to
    >> take your word for it or even mine.

    > Exactly. With a LiveCD you can actually load up Linux and experience the
    > unrecognized hardware. Be dumbfounded at the low quality of many of the
    > apps. Gasp at the bogus games. Puzzle at the non-working menu items. The

    I have no fear of this.

    As I have said for years around here: we are not about "world
    domination" here. If you find Linux not to your liking once you've
    actually tried it, it's no biggie. It might suit you better in the
    future. You can come back later and try it, or not. It really doesn't
    impact the usefulness of Linux for those of us that use it.

    > locking up when you visit a website with Flash objects. etc etc etc

    Got an example? I use this all the time.

    > You might have fun tweaking and poking around Linux for a while, but that
    > wears off right away when you find yourself needing that fabulous Windows
    > app or game.

    Like what? Do tell.

    > I see Linux staying below 3% for another decade at least.

    --
    Nothing quite gives you an understanding of mysql's |||
    popularity as does an attempt to do some simple date / | \

  19. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops and browser freezes

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:05:04 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-08-21, DFS wrote:
    >> JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone that wants to see how full of **** you are can just read the
    >>> rest of that forum, or even try a Linux LiveCD.
    >>>
    >>> That's the beauty of something like Linux. It's easy for people to
    >>> cut through the crap for themselves. A spectator here doesn't have to
    >>> take your word for it or even mine.

    >> Exactly. With a LiveCD you can actually load up Linux and experience
    >> the unrecognized hardware. Be dumbfounded at the low quality of many of
    >> the apps. Gasp at the bogus games. Puzzle at the non-working menu
    >> items. The

    > I have no fear of this.

    Nor have I. Everything works here, on different machines & diffeerent
    hardware.

    > As I have said for years around here: we are not about "world
    > domination" here. If you find Linux not to your liking once you've
    > actually tried it, it's no biggie. It might suit you better in the future.
    > You can come back later and try it, or not. It really doesn't impact the
    > usefulness of Linux for those of us that use it.
    >
    >> locking up when you visit a website with Flash objects. etc etc etc

    > Got an example? I use this all the time.

    So do I. BBC website & YouTube, not a problem.

    >> You might have fun tweaking and poking around Linux for a while, but
    >> that wears off right away when you find yourself needing that fabulous
    >> Windows app or game.

    > Like what? Do tell.

    Why the f#ck would I need any Windows app? As for games, isn't it about
    time these trolls grew up?

    >> I see Linux staying below 3% for another decade at least.

    According to DooFu$'s beloved M$, it's way over that figure now. Maybe
    DooFu$ will now shout that *they* are lying!

    --
    ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝs sɐʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ
    pǝǝʇuɐɹɐnƃ sı ɥɔıɥʍ ɹǝʇndɯoɔ

  20. Re: We must be in Linux crapware land: change virtual desktops and browser freezes

    * JEDIDIAH peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On 2008-08-21, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >> You might have fun tweaking and poking around Linux for a while, but that
    >> wears off right away when you find yourself needing that fabulous Windows
    >> app or game.

    > Like what? Do tell.

    For me, if Windows suddenly disappeared, I wouldn't miss it a bit.

    In fact, I'd cheer. No more dealing with Visual Studio, MS Office, and
    IBM's ****ing Rational Enterprise Suite.

    >> I see Linux staying below 3% for another decade at least.

    In America? It's already apparently above that in consumer desktops
    abroad.

    --
    Mr. Jones related an incident from "some time back" when IBM Canada
    Ltd. of Markham, Ont., ordered some parts from a new supplier in Japan. The

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast