    "I gave up!!!

    I'll go back to another Linux distribution I had running before.

    I hope everyone with HARD FREEZING CRASHES finds an answer quickly."

    #379 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=38

  2. Re: "HARD FREEZING CRASHES" force Linux victim to give up and shuffle distros

    * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:

    In other news, my 64-bit box has been up for 126 days.

    --
    You would if you could but you can't so you won't.

  3. Re: "HARD FREEZING CRASHES" force Linux victim to give up and shuffle distros

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Linonut

    wrote
    on Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:30:58 -0400
    :
    > * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >

    > In other news, my 64-bit box has been up for 126 days.

    If DFS is posting on behalf of a legitimate issue, I'd at
    least want to try memtest86 on that box.

    If not...well, then he's not. ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "Woman? What woman?"

  4. Re: "HARD FREEZING CRASHES" force Linux victim to give up and shuffledistros

    On Aug 20, 1:46*am, "DFS" wrote:
    > "I gave up!!!
    >
    > I'll go back to another Linux distribution I had running before.
    >
    > I hope everyone with HARD FREEZING CRASHES finds an answer quickly."
    >
    > #379 athttp://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=38

    This one was precious.

    OMG. We have to open a console to try the fix.
    Well, I guess linux just works, once in a while.
    I guess you don't have to open a console, until
    linux don't work, LIKE NOW.

    HAHAHAHAHA. The fix did not work. That is what you
    get with 2 min of testing.

    NEW MOTTO: Linux just works, every once in a while.

  5. Re: "HARD FREEZING CRASHES" force Linux victim to give up and shuffledistros

    On Aug 20, 8:07*pm, "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    > On Aug 20, 1:46*am, "DFS" wrote:
    >
    > > "I gave up!!!

    > > I'll go back to another Linux distribution I had running before.

    > > I hope everyone with HARD FREEZING CRASHES finds an answer quickly."

    > > #379 athttp://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=38

    > This one was precious.
    >
    > OMG. *We have to open a console to try the fix.
    > Well, I guess linux just works, once in a while.
    > I guess you don't have to open a console, until
    > linux don't work, LIKE NOW.
    >
    > HAHAHAHAHA. *The fix did not work. *That is what you
    > get with 2 min of testing.
    >
    > NEW MOTTO: *Linux just works, every once in a while.

    Here is another good one:

    Re: Hardy freezes
    I just had my first game crash in three days but it was a recoverable
    error without having to reboot. I was then able to go back in the game
    and start that level over, this time I made it past the same point and
    went on to the next level. The game was Sauerbraten, and it locked up
    just after I killed something, this might have been a sound issue, I
    was able to see other desktops but I couldn't switch to another, had
    to ctrl, alt, backspace to restart the X server but this is progress,
    the last time this happened I had to do a hard reset. Continuing to do
    more research.

    Edit: I just realized (I have forgotten too much) but kde uses kwin,
    and doesn't use compiz at all, I wonder what would happen if I
    switched back into the gnome desktop, even with a fresh install. Hmm,
    worth a shot, I really want to try and solve this, if I start getting
    lockups I might try installing metacity and see if gnome behaves
    better with it. (If possible) Hopefully zieglerj is having some luck
    with his efforts.

+ Reply to Thread