COLA's Microsoft Munchkins Spread Cr*p in IRC Channels Too - Linux

  2. Re: COLA's Microsoft Munchkins Spread Cr*p in IRC Channels Too

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:03:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > "It just tells you how desperate Microsoft is for a competitor that
    > they’re holding up a software box produced by 100 guys in the hills of
    > North Carolina. Who are they trying to kid?"
    >
    > --Robert Young, CEO of Red Hat

    Uh, link?

    -Thufir

  3. Re: COLA's Microsoft Munchkins Spread Cr*p in IRC Channels Too

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:03:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Just worth noting now that they've exposed the connection. They are not only in
    > USENET, Digg and Slashdot. They also target and harass IRC channels now.
    > Microsoft must be getting very desperate and it's no wonder that it regularly
    > gets caught hiring AstroTurfers these days (Mr. Youth, LawMedia Group, WE and
    > so forth). It's so panicky that the hiring of shills was made transparent.

    Talk is cheap, especially coming from you Schestowitz.
    Let's see some data to back up your paranoid claims.

    Get ready to watch Schestowitz run and spew the group to get this off the
    Google title page for COLA.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: COLA's Microsoft Munchkins Spread Cr*p in IRC Channels Too

  5. Re: COLA's Microsoft Munchkins Spread Cr*p in IRC Channels Too

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:30:01 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ thufir on Wednesday 20 August 2008 02:17 : \____
    >
    >> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:03:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> "It just tells you how desperate Microsoft is for a competitor that
    >>> theyre holding up a software box produced by 100 guys in the hills of
    >>> North Carolina. Who are they trying to kid?"
    >>>
    >>> --Robert Young, CEO of Red Hat

    >> Uh, link?

    > It's about a decade old. It was said for sure.

    Then you should be able to find a link for it.

    > The Munchkins are also running desperate in Digg (the same people from COLA),
    > maliciously stalking to mod down and spread libel.

    Sure we are.....

    You make an ass of yourself on Digg every single day Schestowitz.
    Nobody has to do anything but sit back and watch you self destruct.

    The way you abuse the Digg TOS you are lucky you even still have an account
    there.

    > Quite the criminal organisation... it won't change its way until the embargos
    > come

    Never took a Law 101 course in all your years of college have you?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: COLA's Microsoft Munchkins Spread Cr*p in IRC Channels Too

    In article ,
    thufir wrote:

    > On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:03:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    > > "It just tells you how desperate Microsoft is for a competitor that
    > > they’re holding up a software box produced by 100 guys in the hills of
    > > North Carolina. Who are they trying to kid?"
    > >
    > > --Robert Young, CEO of Red Hat

    > Uh, link?

    I see Roy has answered, but ducked actually providing a link. Here it
    is:

    <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...rosoft/stories
    /1999/linux012199.htm>

    Here it is in context:

    Microsoft's first defense witness, a Massachusetts Institute of
    Technology economist, said last week that Linux, which now runs on
    more than 10 million computers, could become a viable competitive
    alternative to Windows in a year or two. The company's lawyers and
    some of its executives have gone a step further, suggesting that
    Linux is a genuine present-day threat to Microsoft.

    The government's economists and technical experts take the opposite
    view, arguing that it will be at least five or 10 years, if not
    more, before Linux (rhymes with cynics) will be a true competitor to
    Windows. And that's a prediction Young agrees with.

    Asked whether Linux poses a competitive threat to Microsoft's
    dominance of the desktop operating system market, Young chortled.
    "It just tells you how desperate Microsoft is for a competitor that
    they're holding up a software box produced by 100 guys in the hills
    of North Carolina," he said. "Who are they trying to kid?"

    "We are absolutely not a viable competitor at this time," he
    continued. "We have every intention of being one. But how long will
    it take? Realistically, it will be 20 years."

    Microsoft executives scoffed yesterday at Young's two-decade
    prediction. "I think that is ridiculously pessimistic," said Tod
    Nielsen, who manages Microsoft's relationships with software
    writers. "Paradigm shifts happen in our industry every six months,
    and any attempt to predict more than a few years into the future
    becomes very doubtful."

    --
    --Tim Smith

  7. Re: COLA's Microsoft Munchkins Spread Cr*p in IRC Channels Too

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:52:21 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > thufir wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:03:56 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> "It just tells you how desperate Microsoft is for a competitor that
    >>> they’re holding up a software box produced by 100 guys in the hills of
    >>> North Carolina. Who are they trying to kid?"
    >>>
    >>> --Robert Young, CEO of Red Hat

    >> Uh, link?

    > I see Roy has answered, but ducked actually providing a link. Here it
    > is:
    >

    > <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...rosoft/stories
    > /1999/linux012199.htm>
    >

    > Here it is in context:
    >
    > Microsoft's first defense witness, a Massachusetts Institute of
    > Technology economist, said last week that Linux, which now runs on
    > more than 10 million computers, could become a viable competitive
    > alternative to Windows in a year or two. The company's lawyers and
    > some of its executives have gone a step further, suggesting that
    > Linux is a genuine present-day threat to Microsoft.
    >
    > The government's economists and technical experts take the opposite
    > view, arguing that it will be at least five or 10 years, if not
    > more, before Linux (rhymes with cynics) will be a true competitor to
    > Windows. And that's a prediction Young agrees with.
    >
    > Asked whether Linux poses a competitive threat to Microsoft's
    > dominance of the desktop operating system market, Young chortled.
    > "It just tells you how desperate Microsoft is for a competitor that
    > they're holding up a software box produced by 100 guys in the hills
    > of North Carolina," he said. "Who are they trying to kid?"
    >
    > "We are absolutely not a viable competitor at this time," he
    > continued. "We have every intention of being one. But how long will
    > it take? Realistically, it will be 20 years."
    >
    > Microsoft executives scoffed yesterday at Young's two-decade
    > prediction. "I think that is ridiculously pessimistic," said Tod
    > Nielsen, who manages Microsoft's relationships with software
    > writers. "Paradigm shifts happen in our industry every six months,
    > and any attempt to predict more than a few years into the future
    > becomes very doubtful."

    it did ring a bell but with Schestowitz referring back to his own site all
    the time, one never knows where the *proof* comes from.

    Thanks..

    I tried to find it but all I got was boycott_roys_site hits.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/