[News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP - Linux ; http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08...ws_xp_vista_7/ Vista’s death march picked up some pace yesterday, after a metrics researcher revealed that nearly 35 per cent of PCs built to run the Windows operating system have been downgraded to XP. In a survey of more than 3,000 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

  1. [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08...ws_xp_vista_7/

    Vista’s death march picked up some pace yesterday, after a metrics
    researcher revealed that nearly 35 per cent of PCs built to run the
    Windows operating system have been downgraded to XP.

    In a survey of more than 3,000 computers, performance testing
    software developer Devil Mountain Software estimated that more than
    one in three new machines had either been downgraded by vendors such
    as Dell, or by customers once they bought the PC.

    The results were garnered by the research firm’s CTO Craig Barth in
    collaboration with InfoWorld. He based the numbers on Devil
    Mountain’s Exo.performance.network by collating the vendor and
    system model number with computer vendors’ catalogues.

    No mention of how many were dumped to be replaced by Mac. No mention of
    how many were wiped and upgraded to linux. My own rough-assed wild
    guess would place the numbers above 50%, maybe above 60%, when all is
    pulled together.

    Billy Buttcrust sure timed his "departure" right. I'd guess he saw this
    thing coming a long way off.

    I know a guy who put his stamp of approval on Vista with the words "not
    all that bad". Of course, he'd only had it about a month. I don't know
    when he changed it, but I know he did. Sometime between the second and
    sixth month it became too much for him to deal with any more.

    Now it's XP, and he's not as happy with that as he once was either.
    He's toying with the idea of dumping Windwoes altogether. Not a sure
    thing, but the fact that he's considering it is a testament to the fine
    work the Microsofties have done to maintain customer loyalty. He was
    100% Winders all the way, no exceptions. Until Zune, Windows Mobile (on
    his phone) and Vista opened his eyes.

    --
    Bill Gates says Open Source is riding on the coat-tails of Windows'
    success. That's like saying Osama has done his part to increase airport

  2. Re: [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    Sinister Midget wrote:
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08...ws_xp_vista_7/

    Here is InfoWorld's version:

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/sentinel...ng_the_vi.html

    > August 18, 2008
    > Bursting the Vista sales bubble
    > Our Windows Sentinel tracking data shows that 35 percent of mainly enterprise-class users "downgrade" their Vista systems to XP

    This may actually be good news for MS, as I believe estimates from six
    months or a year ago indicated that Vista was going onto only 40% of new
    business computers.

  3. Re: [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08...ws_xp_vista_7/
    >
    > Vista’s death march picked up some pace yesterday, after a metrics
    > researcher revealed that nearly 35 per cent of PCs built to run the
    > Windows operating system have been downgraded to XP.
    >
    > In a survey of more than 3,000 computers, performance testing
    > software developer Devil Mountain Software estimated that more than
    > one in three new machines had either been downgraded by vendors such
    > as Dell, or by customers once they bought the PC.
    >
    > The results were garnered by the research firm’s CTO Craig Barth in
    > collaboration with InfoWorld. He based the numbers on Devil
    > Mountain’s Exo.performance.network by collating the vendor and
    > system model number with computer vendors’ catalogues.

    This would be an instant disaster to any company except a de facto
    monopoly such as Microsoft.

    > No mention of how many were dumped to be replaced by Mac. No mention of
    > how many were wiped and upgraded to linux. My own rough-assed wild
    > guess would place the numbers above 50%, maybe above 60%, when all is
    > pulled together.
    >
    > Billy Buttcrust sure timed his "departure" right. I'd guess he saw this
    > thing coming a long way off.
    >
    > I know a guy who put his stamp of approval on Vista with the words "not
    > all that bad". Of course, he'd only had it about a month. I don't know
    > when he changed it, but I know he did. Sometime between the second and
    > sixth month it became too much for him to deal with any more.
    >
    > Now it's XP, and he's not as happy with that as he once was either.
    > He's toying with the idea of dumping Windwoes altogether. Not a sure
    > thing, but the fact that he's considering it is a testament to the fine
    > work the Microsofties have done to maintain customer loyalty. He was
    > 100% Winders all the way, no exceptions. Until Zune, Windows Mobile (on
    > his phone) and Vista opened his eyes.

    --
    You will be recognized and honored as a community leader.

  4. Re: A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    On Aug 19, 1:13*pm, Sinister Midget wrote:
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08...ws_xp_vista_7/
    >
    > * *Vistas death march picked up some pace yesterday, after a metrics
    > * *researcher revealed that nearly 35 per cent of PCs built to run the
    > * *Windows operating system have been downgraded to XP.
    >
    > * *In a survey of more than 3,000 computers, performance testing
    > * *software developer Devil Mountain Software estimated that more than
    > * *one in three new machines had either been downgraded by vendors such
    > * *as Dell, or by customers once they bought the PC.
    >
    > * *The results were garnered by the research firms CTO Craig Barthin
    > * *collaboration with InfoWorld. He based the numbers on Devil
    > * *Mountains Exo.performance.network by collating the vendor and
    > * *system model number with computer vendors catalogues.
    >
    > No mention of how many were dumped to be replaced by Mac. No mention of
    > how many were wiped and upgraded to linux. My own rough-assed wild
    > guess would place the numbers above 50%, maybe above 60%, when all is
    > pulled together.
    >
    > Billy Buttcrust sure timed his "departure" right. I'd guess he saw this
    > thing coming a long way off.
    >
    > I know a guy who put his stamp of approval on Vista with the words "not
    > all that bad". Of course, he'd only had it about a month. I don't know
    > when he changed it, but I know he did. Sometime between the second and
    > sixth month it became too much for him to deal with any more.
    >
    > Now it's XP, and he's not as happy with that as he once was either.
    > He's toying with the idea of dumping Windwoes altogether. Not a sure
    > thing, but the fact that he's considering it is a testament to the fine
    > work the Microsofties have done to maintain customer loyalty. He was
    > 100% Winders all the way, no exceptions. Until Zune, Windows Mobile (on
    > his phone) and Vista opened his eyes.
    >
    > --
    > Bill Gates says Open Source is riding on the coat-tails of Windows'
    > success. That's like saying Osama has done his part to increase airport
    > security.

    The important point here in COLA is that, according to the OP's
    source, 1/3 of Vista users willingly downgrade to XP instead of Linux,
    even though Linux is free. That's got to leave Linux advocates with a
    prolonged bad test in their mouths.

  5. Re: [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    Matt wrote:
    > Sinister Midget wrote:
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08...ws_xp_vista_7/

    > Here is InfoWorld's version:
    >
    > http://weblog.infoworld.com/sentinel...ng_the_vi.html
    >
    >> August 18, 2008 Bursting the Vista sales bubble
    >> Our Windows Sentinel tracking data shows that 35 percent of mainly
    >> enterprise-class users "downgrade" their Vista systems to XP

    > This may actually be good news for MS, as I believe estimates from six
    > months or a year ago indicated that Vista was going onto only 40% of new
    > business computers.

    Whoops, that may have been 40% of all new computers, with the rate for
    businesses being much lower than 40%, in which case the more recent stat
    (65% for new business computers) would mean an even bigger improvement.
    Still a very bad situation for MS o' course.

  6. Re: [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    "Sinister Midget" schreef in bericht
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08...ws_xp_vista_7/
    >
    > Vista?Ts death march

    Get your facts straight, you Sphincter Maggot!
    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=8
    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=10
    b.t.w.
    Your post is off-topic in this COLA, your violating [comp.os.linux.advocacy]
    FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition III

    * The trespasser has come to COLA in order to vent his dislike of Microsoft
    and/or Windows. For that purpose several newsgroups have been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  7. Re: A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    On Aug 19, 2:40*pm, "Clogwog" wrote:
    > "Sinister Midget" schreef in berichtnews:gjbrn5-baf.ln1@ue.harry.net...>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08...ws_xp_vista_7/
    >
    > > * Vista?Ts death march

    > Get your facts straight, you Sphincter Maggot!http://marketshare.hitslink..com/rep....aspx?qprid=10
    > b.t.w.
    > Your post is off-topic in this COLA, your violating [comp.os.linux.advocacy]
    > FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition IIIhttp://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
    >
    > ** The trespasser has come to COLA in order to vent his dislike of Microsoft
    > and/or Windows. For that purpose several newsgroups have been created.
    > * * * * * * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    > * * * * * * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    > * * * * * * alt.flame.ms-windows
    > * * * * * * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    > * * * * * * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    > * * * * * * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    > * * * * * * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    > * * * * * * alt.hh.ii.pp.cc.rr.ii.mm.ee.microsoft.sucks
    > * * * * * * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    > * * * * * * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    > * * * * * * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    > * * * * * * alt.microsoft.sucks
    > * * * * * * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    > * * * * * * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    > * * * * * * microsoft.sucks.
    > * * * * * * sk.sux.microsoft
    > Fsck you arsehole troll
    > *PLONK*

    These market share stats are quite interesting. They speak volumes!
    Look at Linux's market share. Pretty soon the iPhone will beat Linux.
    Survey says the world has embraced Windows and Apple products and
    rejected Linux.

    Regards

  8. Re: A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    schreef in bericht
    On Aug 19, 2:40 pm, "Clogwog" wrote:
    > "Sinister Midget" schreef in
    > berichtnews:gjbrn5-baf.ln1@ue.harry.net...>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08...ws_xp_vista_7/
    >
    > > Vista?Ts death march

    > Get your facts straight, you Sphincter
    > Maggot!http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo....aspx?qprid=10
    > b.t.w.
    > Your post is off-topic in this COLA, your violating
    > [comp.os.linux.advocacy]
    > FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition
    > IIIhttp://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
    >
    > * The trespasser has come to COLA in order to vent his dislike of
    > Microsoft
    > and/or Windows. For that purpose several newsgroups have been created.
    > * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.flame.ms-windows
    > * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.hh.ii.pp.cc.rr.ii.mm.ee.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    > * alt.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    > * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    > * microsoft.sucks.
    > * sk.sux.microsoft
    > Fsck you arsehole troll
    > *PLONK*
    >
    > These market share stats are quite interesting. They speak volumes!
    > Look at Linux's market share. Pretty soon the iPhone will beat Linux.
    > Survey says the world has embraced Windows and Apple products and
    > rejected Linux.

    > Regards

    iPhone, SunOS, NintendoWii beats all major Linux distro's!
    http://www.bbspot.com/News/2000/4/linux_distros.html

  9. Re: [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Sinister Midget

    wrote
    on Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:13:52 -0500
    :
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08...ws_xp_vista_7/
    >
    > Vista’s death march picked up some pace yesterday, after a metrics
    > researcher revealed that nearly 35 per cent of PCs built to run the
    > Windows operating system have been downgraded to XP.

    And Microsoft gets paid twice per unit. Doesn't this
    worry anyone else? Smells like bait and switch to me...

    Bait: Windows.
    Offered: Vista crap.
    Eventually bought: XP, which is at least more solid, more
    dependable crap.

    > In a survey of more than 3,000 computers, performance testing
    > software developer Devil Mountain Software estimated that more than
    > one in three new machines had either been downgraded by vendors such
    > as Dell, or by customers once they bought the PC.
    >
    > The results were garnered by the research firm’s CTO Craig Barth in
    > collaboration with InfoWorld. He based the numbers on Devil
    > Mountain’s Exo.performance.network by collating the vendor and
    > system model number with computer vendors’ catalogues.
    >
    > No mention of how many were dumped to be replaced by Mac. No mention of
    > how many were wiped and upgraded to linux. My own rough-assed wild
    > guess would place the numbers above 50%, maybe above 60%, when all is
    > pulled together.
    >
    > Billy Buttcrust sure timed his "departure" right. I'd guess he saw this
    > thing coming a long way off.
    >
    > I know a guy who put his stamp of approval on Vista with the words "not
    > all that bad".

    And this after more than 6 years of development work.
    Where's my brainwave-capable Microsoft flying mouse, dangit? ;-)

    > Of course, he'd only had it about a month. I don't know
    > when he changed it, but I know he did. Sometime between the second and
    > sixth month it became too much for him to deal with any more.
    >
    > Now it's XP, and he's not as happy with that as he once was either.
    > He's toying with the idea of dumping Windwoes altogether. Not a sure
    > thing, but the fact that he's considering it is a testament to the fine
    > work the Microsofties have done to maintain customer loyalty. He was
    > 100% Winders all the way, no exceptions. Until Zune, Windows Mobile (on
    > his phone) and Vista opened his eyes.

    Microsoft's not exactly going to be motivated to change
    this sales model until someone gets on the ball and starts
    selling Linux PCs en masse -- and we start *buying* them.

    I'll admit what I see from Dell and others is heartening,
    but I do wonder how to make such efforts more visible.
    (No, I'm not going to parade around in my underwear with
    a sign proclaiming www.eracks.com or www.system76.com,
    especially since San Francisco isn't all that warm this
    time of year, summery season notwithstanding.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #23291:
    void f(item *p) { if(p != 0) delete p; }

  10. Re: [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    > No mention of how many were dumped to be replaced by Mac. No mention
    > of how many were wiped and upgraded to linux. My own rough-assed wild
    > guess would place the numbers above 50%, maybe above 60%, when all is
    > pulled together.

    uh huh. Keep telling yourself that, you innumerate bozo, while Linux
    continues its inexorable march to 1% market share.

    Meanwhile, Vista share is increasing almost linearly, at about 1% per month.

    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=10

  11. Re: A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    * shmell_dakaka@hotmail.com peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > The important point here in COLA is that, according to the OP's
    > source, 1/3 of Vista users willingly downgrade to XP instead of Linux,
    > even though Linux is free. That's got to leave Linux advocates with a
    > prolonged bad test in their mouths.

    taste

    Nope. The leap from XP to XP is much smaller than the leap from XP to
    Linux, or even XP to Vista, so it is only natural that the consumer will
    stick with what he thinks he knows.

    --
    | |-sshd---tcsh-+-dpkg-buildpacka---rules---sh---make---make---sh---make---sh---make---sh---make---sh---make---sh---make
    -- While packaging XFree86 for Debian GNU/Linux

  12. Re: [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    * Clogwog peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Get your facts straight, you Sphincter Maggot!
    > Fsck you arsehole troll
    > *PLONK*

    Cross-post alert. The Clogster intends to sow discord, apparently.

    We understand he is not your typical Windows user, thank goodness.

    --
    The two oldest professions in the world have been ruined by amateurs.
    -- G. B. Shaw

  13. Re: A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    On 2008-08-19, shmell_dakaka@hotmail.com wrote:
    > On Aug 19, 2:40*pm, "Clogwog" wrote:
    >> "Sinister Midget" schreef in berichtnews:gjbrn5-baf.ln1@ue.harry.net...>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08...ws_xp_vista_7/
    >>
    >> > * Vista?Ts death march

    >> Get your facts straight, you Sphincter Maggot!http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo....aspx?qprid=10
    >> b.t.w.
    >> Your post is off-topic in this COLA, your violating [comp.os.linux.advocacy]
    >> FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition IIIhttp://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
    >>
    >> ** The trespasser has come to COLA in order to vent his dislike of Microsoft
    >> and/or Windows. For that purpose several newsgroups have been created.
    >> * * * * * * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    >> * * * * * * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    >> * * * * * * alt.flame.ms-windows
    >> * * * * * * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    >> * * * * * * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    >> * * * * * * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    >> * * * * * * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    >> * * * * * * alt.hh.ii.pp.cc.rr.ii.mm.ee.microsoft.sucks
    >> * * * * * * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    >> * * * * * * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    >> * * * * * * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    >> * * * * * * alt.microsoft.sucks
    >> * * * * * * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    >> * * * * * * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    >> * * * * * * microsoft.sucks.
    >> * * * * * * sk.sux.microsoft
    >> Fsck you arsehole troll
    >> *PLONK*

    > These market share stats are quite interesting. They speak volumes!
    > Look at Linux's market share. Pretty soon the iPhone will beat Linux.
    > Survey says the world has embraced Windows and Apple products and
    > rejected Linux.

    Yep, there's no reason for you to post here any more, your work here is
    done. Thank you for ridding the world of Linux. Bye!

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  14. Re: [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > And Microsoft gets paid twice per unit. Doesn't this
    > worry anyone else? Smells like bait and switch to me...
    >
    > Bait: Windows.
    > Offered: Vista crap.
    > Eventually bought: XP, which is at least more solid, more
    > dependable crap.

    You sound like a parrot on Gidget's shoulder.

    Bet you haven't even installed Vista and used it.

  15. Re: [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 00:34:14 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >
    >> And Microsoft gets paid twice per unit. Doesn't this
    >> worry anyone else? Smells like bait and switch to me...
    >>
    >> Bait: Windows.
    >> Offered: Vista crap.
    >> Eventually bought: XP, which is at least more solid, more
    >> dependable crap.

    > You sound like a parrot on Gidget's shoulder.
    >
    > Bet you haven't even installed Vista and used it.

    I'm not a big fan of Vista because I really don't see a need to switch.
    However, the gateway laptop my daughter purchased came with it installed
    and she has no troubles with Vista or MSoffice 2007.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  16. Re: [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 00:34:14 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >>
    >>> And Microsoft gets paid twice per unit. Doesn't this
    >>> worry anyone else? Smells like bait and switch to me...
    >>>
    >>> Bait: Windows.
    >>> Offered: Vista crap.
    >>> Eventually bought: XP, which is at least more solid, more
    >>> dependable crap.

    >> You sound like a parrot on Gidget's shoulder.
    >>
    >> Bet you haven't even installed Vista and used it.

    > I'm not a big fan of Vista because I really don't see a need to
    > switch.

    I also don't think it offers enough compelling reasons to switch from XP (I
    run neither).

    > However, the gateway laptop my daughter purchased came with
    > it installed and she has no troubles with Vista or MSoffice 2007.

    It's a nice OS if you have a lot (2gb) of memory. I liked it the day or so
    I spent using it.

  17. Re: A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    * Gregory Shearman peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On 2008-08-19, shmell_dakaka@hotmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >> These market share stats are quite interesting. They speak volumes!
    >> Look at Linux's market share. Pretty soon the iPhone will beat Linux.
    >> Survey says the world has embraced Windows and Apple products and
    >> rejected Linux.

    > Yep, there's no reason for you to post here any more, your work here is
    > done. Thank you for ridding the world of Linux. Bye!

    This stuff is /quite/ funny. These idiots ridicule Linux for having a
    miniscule "market share".

    So why are they here then? Why do they bother with what they want you
    to think is an operating system so insignificant that you should not
    bother using it?

    --
    Some of the things that live the longest in peoples' memories never
    really happened.

  18. Re: [News] A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 00:34:14 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Bet you haven't even installed Vista and used it.

    > I'm not a big fan of Vista because I really don't see a need to switch.
    > However, the gateway laptop my daughter purchased came with it installed
    > and she has no troubles with Vista or MSoffice 2007.

    How do her "legal apps" work? Heh heh.

    --
    When you are about to die, a wombat is better than no company at all.
    -- Roger Zelazny, "Doorways in the Sand"

  19. Re: A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    Linonut wrote:

    > * Gregory Shearman peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On 2008-08-19, shmell_dakaka@hotmail.com
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> These market share stats are quite interesting. They speak volumes!
    >>> Look at Linux's market share. Pretty soon the iPhone will beat Linux.
    >>> Survey says the world has embraced Windows and Apple products and
    >>> rejected Linux.

    >> Yep, there's no reason for you to post here any more, your work here is
    >> done. Thank you for ridding the world of Linux. Bye!

    > This stuff is /quite/ funny. These idiots ridicule Linux for having a
    > miniscule "market share".
    >
    > So why are they here then? Why do they bother with what they want you
    > to think is an operating system so insignificant that you should not
    > bother using it?

    Because the same numbers they are touting also say that *at* *least* 99.7%
    of all the Spam and malware is coming from infected wintendo machines

    Giving lie to the often repeated myth that windows can be secured
    --
    If you're right 90% of the time, why quibble about the remaining 3%?

  20. Re: A Third of Vista PCs Downgraded to XP

    Linonut wrote:

    > So why are they here then? Why do they bother with what they want you
    > to think is an operating system so insignificant that you should not
    > bother using it?

    They're just losers with nothing else to do. Especially Snit - his supposed
    "business" isn't enough to keep him busy, obviously... he posts here
    practically around the clock.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing
    section in a swimming pool?

    Good to the last supper

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast