Re: Can BG really afford to retire? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Can BG really afford to retire? - Linux ; On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 03:02:08 -0700 (PDT), Rex Ballard wrote: > Typically, when major insiders are selling the stock, and the company > is doing a buy-back, the executive sells his stock directly back to > the company, to ...

  1. Re: Can BG really afford to retire?

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 03:02:08 -0700 (PDT), Rex Ballard wrote:

    > Typically, when major insiders are selling the stock, and the company
    > is doing a buy-back, the executive sells his stock directly back to
    > the company, to prevent a drop in stock price. Even if he was
    > selling it on the open market, Microsoft's buy-back effectively works
    > to the same effect.
    >
    > There's also some suspicious trading from several institutional
    > investors, but hard to say which ones are old.

    You should take a look at the past history of IBM for all that kind of
    stuff.

    Like in Sept of the year when Gerstner retired and he dumped a TON of stock
    right before the yearly predictions for IBM were announced.

    The figures were not as good as they were supposed to be.

    Surprise!!!

    But of course, Gerstner didn't do anything wrong.....

    Right....

    And the Easter Bunny is your best friend, right Rex....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Can BG really afford to retire?

    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    > On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 03:02:08 -0700 (PDT), Rex Ballard wrote:
    >

    >> Typically, when major insiders are selling the stock, and the company
    >> is doing a buy-back, the executive sells his stock directly back to
    >> the company, to prevent a drop in stock price. Even if he was
    >> selling it on the open market, Microsoft's buy-back effectively works
    >> to the same effect.
    >>
    >> There's also some suspicious trading from several institutional
    >> investors, but hard to say which ones are old.

    > You should take a look at the past history of IBM for all that kind of
    > stuff.
    >
    > Like in Sept of the year when Gerstner retired and he dumped a TON of
    > stock
    > right before the yearly predictions for IBM were announced.
    >
    > The figures were not as good as they were supposed to be.
    >
    > Surprise!!!
    >
    > But of course, Gerstner didn't do anything wrong.....
    >
    > Right....
    >
    > And the Easter Bunny is your best friend, right Rex....

    So you don't buy M$FT right now because you think it will go down. Maybe
    put some long term shorts on it as the pile of cash dwindles and they have
    to cut back on the buy backs. But I concur with those, now is not the time
    to buy M$FT.

+ Reply to Thread