Hello all, I am new to linux kernel.And want to learn it. - Linux

This is a discussion on Hello all, I am new to linux kernel.And want to learn it. - Linux ; Hi all, Although this is not an appropriate question to be posted in this group but still i am asking it thinking that you people can best help any one on this.I am new to Linux kernel and its related ...

  1. Hello all, I am new to linux kernel.And want to learn it.

    Hi all,
    Although this is not an appropriate question to be posted in this
    group but still i am asking it thinking that you people can best help
    any one on this.I am new to Linux kernel and its related technologies
    and I want to study linux kernel code. Need someone's help on how to
    proceed with this work as i feel that if i just sit with code i will
    end no where and an in-correct book followed would lead me no where.
    So kindly tell me what should i do. Is there any perfect guide to
    this.

    p.s. I have complete knowledge of C and basic knowledge of
    assembly(8085 and 8086 only) Also tell that do i need to study 80386
    b4 i begin this or it is not that important. And i have read books on
    operating system and design principles and have been working with
    debian linux since more than a year.

  2. Re: Hello all, I am new to linux kernel.And want to learn it.

    In article <833627e6-a73c-4e9b-a6f3-10809f3d1d7f@p10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
    prashant wrote:

    >So kindly tell me what should i do. Is there any perfect guide to
    >this.

    You should really start with one of the books written about
    the kernel. They'll give you a good idea about how things
    are organized and the code will make more sense to you.

    http://www.cornhobble.com/am/0596005652

  3. Re: Hello all, I am new to linux kernel.And want to learn it.

    P.S. The Kernel Newbies mailist list archive is good reading too:

    http://www.spinics.net/newbies/

  4. Re: Hello all, I am new to linux kernel.And want to learn it.

    On Aug 17, 5:23*am, el...@no.spam () wrote:
    > P.S. The Kernel Newbies mailist list archive is good reading too:
    >
    > *http://www.spinics.net/newbies/

    thanks

  5. Re: Hello all, I am new to linux kernel.And want to learn it.

    On Aug 17, 5:23*am, el...@no.spam () wrote:
    > P.S. The Kernel Newbies mailist list archive is good reading too:
    >
    > *http://www.spinics.net/newbies/

    The link does not work (

  6. Re: Hello all, I am new to linux kernel.And want to learn it.

    In article <9252eabd-be3f-43de-9387-d7524ca24431@a2g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
    prashant wrote:

    >> *http://www.spinics.net/newbies/

    >The link does not work (

    It wasn't quite right:

    http://www.spinics.net/lists/newbies/

    sorry

  7. Re: Hello all, I am new to linux kernel.And want to learn it.

    On Aug 17, 4:22*pm, el...@no.spam () wrote:
    > In article <9252eabd-be3f-43de-9387-d7524ca24...@a2g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > prashant * wrote:
    > >> *http://www.spinics.net/newbies/