A big day for OSS - Linux

This is a discussion on A big day for OSS - Linux ; "Itís a big day for open source software as a U.S. District Appeals Court ruled that just because a developer gave code away for free doesnít mean itís not copyright protected." [...] http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=9669&tag=nl.e539 -RFH...

  1. A big day for OSS

    "Itís a big day for open source software as a U.S. District Appeals
    Court ruled that just because a developer gave code away for free
    doesnít mean itís not copyright protected."
    [...]

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=9669&tag=nl.e539

    -RFH

  2. Re: A big day for OSS

    Ramon F Herrera espoused:

    > "It’s a big day for open source software as a U.S. District Appeals
    > Court ruled that just because a developer gave code away for free
    > doesn’t mean it’s not copyright protected."
    > [...]
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=9669&tag=nl.e539

    Further affirmation that copyright laws are as we understood them to be.