"Pay it forward" - Linux

This is a discussion on "Pay it forward" - Linux ; http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...vistas-desert/ Vista: Pay it Forward! Brooks also noted that "Windows Vista is an investment in the long term. When you make the investment into Windows Vista, it's going to pay it forward into the operating system we call Windows 7." ...

  1. "Pay it forward"

    http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...vistas-desert/

    Vista: Pay it Forward!

    Brooks also noted that "Windows Vista is an investment in the long
    term. When you make the investment into Windows Vista, it's going to
    pay it forward into the operating system we call Windows 7."

    Pay it forward? Is Windows 7 going to be a free upgrade to Windows Vista
    users, in the same way Apple is expected to offer the next Mac OS X 10.6
    Snow Leopard release to existing users of 10.5 Leopard?

    That's highly unlikely, as Microsoft can't sustain its egregious
    profits collected through the Windows monopoly by giving away updates
    for free. Windows Vista raised the price of Windows, putting a new
    definition on the phrase "pay it forward."

    Pay it forward? Then why does the consumer feel it in the behind?

    Reality Impairment at Microsoft

    Talking out one's ass appears to be a job requirement for all
    Microsoft executives, starting at the top. A serious case of reality
    impairment has resulted in the paradox of the company both admitting
    that Vista is flawed and "broke a lot of things," while at
    the same time maintaining that Vista's reputation is entirely the
    fault of stupid customers and a comically unflattering portrayal by
    its competitor.

    What did Microsoft say?

    "Printers didn't work. Games felt sluggish."

    Then they took a stroll in the Mojave desert, smoked some peyote, and
    all was mellow.

    --
    You will be reincarnated as a toad; and you will be much happier.

  2. Re: "Pay it forward"

    On 14 Ago, 14:30, Linonut wrote:
    > http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...ave-attempts-t...
    >
    > Vista: Pay it Forward!
    >
    > Brooks also noted that "Windows Vista is an investment in the long
    > term. When you make the investment into Windows Vista, it's going to
    > pay it forward into the operating system we call Windows 7."
    >
    > Pay it forward? Is Windows 7 going to be a free upgrade to Windows Vista
    > users, in the same way Apple is expected to offer the next Mac OS X 10.6
    > Snow Leopard release to existing users of 10.5 Leopard?
    >
    > That's highly unlikely, as Microsoft can't sustain its egregious
    > profits collected through the Windows monopoly by giving away updates
    > for free. Windows Vista raised the price of Windows, putting a new
    > definition on the phrase "pay it forward."
    >
    > Pay it forward? Then why does the consumer feel it in the behind?
    >
    > Reality Impairment at Microsoft
    >
    > Talking out one's ass appears to be a job requirement for all
    > Microsoft executives, starting at the top. A serious case of reality
    > impairment has resulted in the paradox of the company both admitting
    > that Vista is flawed and "broke a lot of things," while at
    > the same time maintaining that Vista's reputation is entirely the
    > fault of stupid customers and a comically unflattering portrayal by
    > its competitor.
    >
    > What did Microsoft say?
    >
    > "Printers didn't work. Games felt sluggish."
    >
    > Then they took a stroll in the Mojave desert, smoked some peyote, and
    > all was mellow.
    >
    > --
    > You will be reincarnated as a toad; and you will be much happier.

    Hah! I see that Daniel is back from vacation. More:

    Nearly two years after Windows Vista was finally released, Microsoft
    has remained unable to shake off its reputation as being slow,
    incompatible with existing hardware and software, and generally a poor
    and overpriced product that nobody wants.

+ Reply to Thread