A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more - Linux

This is a discussion on A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more - Linux ; On Aug 13, 9:28*pm, "Rekruled" wrote: > "Rick" wrote in message > > news:INudnXvh59MQGD7VnZ2dnUVZ_hqdnZ2d@supernews.co m > > > > > > > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:58:53 -0700, Rekruled wrote: > > >> "Andrew Halliwell" wrote in message > ...

  1. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    On Aug 13, 9:28*pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >
    > news:INudnXvh59MQGD7VnZ2dnUVZ_hqdnZ2d@supernews.co m
    >

    > > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:58:53 -0700, Rekruled wrote:

    > >> "Andrew Halliwell" wrote in message

    > >> If Ubuntu can see the drive but does not know the name of it then
    > >> what do you do if you have a whole lot of drives and you want to get
    > >> to a particular one? *That is idiotic.

    > > No, you are idiotic.

    > > Here's a hint, Bunky... itsn't a D drive in Linux systems, for in many
    > > other systems, for that matter.

    > Before you call someone 'idiotic' again I suggest you figure out how to
    > spell 'isn't' and then explain why Linux is too ****ed up to use the
    > /ALPHAPET/. *What the hell does Ubuntu call the D drive?

    You're the idiot who can't spell alphabet. Guess what ubuntu uses to
    call your precious "D" drive its name? That's right, the alphabet.

  2. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:rNidnevfaIY_Bj7VnZ2dnUVZ_ozinZ2d@supernews.co m
    > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:38:56 -0700, Rekruled wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message
    >> news:INudnXHh59NOCT7VnZ2dnUVZ_hqdnZ2d@supernews.co m

    >>> You aren't in a room, jerkwad.

    >> If you do not want to be in a room with me then leave.

    > You aren't in a room, jerkwad.

    What the hell is up with you finding new users to follow around and annoy.
    If you do not want to be in a room with me then /leave/. Is it that hard
    for you to figure out? Have you figured out I am not Ronald Reagan yet?

  3. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:rNidnejfaIYTBj7VnZ2dnUVZ_ozinZ2d@supernews.co m
    > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:39:27 -0700, Rekruled wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message
    >> news:INudnXbh59MuCT7VnZ2dnUVZ_hqdnZ2d@supernews.co m

    >>> Fine.. tell me what doesn't work on my system, "Rekruled".

    >> You are the asshole who cannot get the system to work.

    > Fine.. tell me what doesn't work on my system, "Rekruled".

    What the **** is wrong with you? Your head does not work.

  4. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    "cc" wrote in message
    > On Aug 13, 9:28 pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    >> "Rick" wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:INudnXvh59MQGD7VnZ2dnUVZ_hqdnZ2d@supernews.co m

    >>> No, you are idiotic.

    >>> Here's a hint, Bunky... itsn't a D drive in Linux systems, for in
    >>> many other systems, for that matter.

    >> Before you call someone 'idiotic' again I suggest you figure out how
    >> to spell 'isn't' and then explain why Linux is too ****ed up to use
    >> the /ALPHAPET/. What the hell does Ubuntu call the D drive?

    > You're the idiot who can't spell alphabet. Guess what ubuntu uses to
    > call your precious "D" drive its name? That's right, the alphabet.

    If it going to use the alphabet then use the letter everyone knows. How
    ****ing hard is that?

  5. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    On Aug 13, 11:04*pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >
    > news:rNidnevfaIY_Bj7VnZ2dnUVZ_ozinZ2d@supernews.co m
    >

    > > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:38:56 -0700, Rekruled wrote:

    > >> "Rick" wrote in message
    > >>news:INudnXHh59NOCT7VnZ2dnUVZ_hqdnZ2d@supernews.co m

    > >> If you do not want to be in a room with me then leave.

    > > You aren't in a room, jerkwad.

    > What the hell is up with you finding new users to follow around and annoy..
    > If you do not want to be in a room with me then /leave/. *Is it that hard
    > for you to figure out? *Have you figured out I am not Ronald Reagan yet?

    Prove you're not Ronald Reagan.

  6. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    "cc" wrote in message
    > On Aug 13, 8:58 pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    >> "Andrew Halliwell" wrote in message

    >>> No-one ever said it wouldn't see your hard disk
    >>> All anyone said was that it isn't called "D". Because it's a ****ing
    >>> pointless means of storage identification that only one moronic
    >>> company uses.

    >> If Ubuntu can see the drive but does not know the name of it then
    >> what do you do if you have a whole lot of drives and you want to get
    >> to a particular one? That is idiotic.

    > In English an orange is an orange, but in Spanish an orange is a
    > naranja. How can you not understand that the logical name for
    > something could be different depending on what OS you're using? Your
    > troll sucks, you suck, throw your "D:" drive in the garbage.

    I am not speaking Spanish and nobody in this room is. Since Ubuntu uses the
    alpabet why not use the alphabet that everyone knows?

  7. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    "DFS" wrote in message
    > Rekruled wrote:
    >> I got Ububtu on my D drive which it /does/ see even though Rick and
    >> Thufir told me it would not but now it will not get online. My
    >> friend and I are now playing with it alot just to see how bad this
    >> thing is. It reminds me of Windows3.1 in the way it looks though not
    >> in how it acts but it can't get online no matter what we do and it
    >> locks up for about a minute at a time just to piss the user off.

    > Ubuntu freezes?!?! Say it ain't so!

    for minutes at a time and then it comes back from lah lah land. No wonder
    assholes like Rick use it.

  8. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    On Aug 13, 11:05*pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    > "cc" wrote in message

    > > On Aug 13, 9:28 pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    > >> "Rick" wrote in message

    > >>news:INudnXvh59MQGD7VnZ2dnUVZ_hqdnZ2d@supernews.co m

    > >> Before you call someone 'idiotic' again I suggest you figure out how
    > >> to spell 'isn't' and then explain why Linux is too ****ed up to use
    > >> the /ALPHAPET/. What the hell does Ubuntu call the D drive?

    > > You're the idiot who can't spell alphabet. Guess what ubuntu uses to
    > > call your precious "D" drive its name? That's right, the alphabet.

    > If it going to use the alphabet then use the letter everyone knows. *How
    > ****ing hard is that?

    What is the letter of the alphabet that people don't know?

  9. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    "cc" wrote in message
    > On Aug 13, 11:04 pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    >> "Rick" wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:rNidnevfaIY_Bj7VnZ2dnUVZ_ozinZ2d@supernews.co m

    >>> You aren't in a room, jerkwad.

    >> What the hell is up with you finding new users to follow around and
    >> annoy. If you do not want to be in a room with me then /leave/. Is
    >> it that hard for you to figure out? Have you figured out I am not
    >> Ronald Reagan yet?

    > Prove you're not Ronald Reagan.

    He is dead just like Rick's brain.

  10. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    "cc" wrote in message
    > On Aug 13, 11:05 pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    >> "cc" wrote in message

    >>> You're the idiot who can't spell alphabet. Guess what ubuntu uses to
    >>> call your precious "D" drive its name? That's right, the alphabet.

    >> If it going to use the alphabet then use the letter everyone knows.
    >> How ****ing hard is that?

    > What is the letter of the alphabet that people don't know?

    What the hell does that even mean? Hidden alphabet letters?

  11. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    On Aug 13, 11:06*pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    > "cc" wrote in message

    > > On Aug 13, 8:58 pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    > >> "Andrew Halliwell" wrote in message

    > >> If Ubuntu can see the drive but does not know the name of it then
    > >> what do you do if you have a whole lot of drives and you want to get
    > >> to a particular one? That is idiotic.

    > > In English an orange is an orange, but in Spanish an orange is a
    > > naranja. How can you not understand that the logical name for
    > > something could be different depending on what OS you're using? Your
    > > troll sucks, you suck, throw your "D:" drive in the garbage.

    > I am not speaking Spanish and nobody in this room is. *Since Ubuntu uses the
    > alpabet why not use the alphabet that everyone knows?

    Which part of the alphabet is Ubuntu using that no one knows? I'm
    curious to find out some letters that I've never been taught that
    Ubuntu is using.

  12. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:06:43 -0700, Rekruled wrote:

    > "cc" wrote in message
    >> On Aug 13, 8:58 pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    >>> "Andrew Halliwell" wrote in message

    >>> If Ubuntu can see the drive but does not know the name of it then what
    >>> do you do if you have a whole lot of drives and you want to get to a
    >>> particular one? That is idiotic.

    >> In English an orange is an orange, but in Spanish an orange is a
    >> naranja. How can you not understand that the logical name for something
    >> could be different depending on what OS you're using? Your troll sucks,
    >> you suck, throw your "D:" drive in the garbage.

    > I am not speaking Spanish and nobody in this room is. Since Ubuntu uses
    > the alpabet why not use the alphabet that everyone knows?

    This isn't a room, jerkwad, it is a newsgroup.

    --
    Rick

  13. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:07:20 -0700, Rekruled wrote:

    > "DFS" wrote in message
    >> Rekruled wrote:
    >>> I got Ububtu on my D drive which it /does/ see even though Rick and
    >>> Thufir told me it would not but now it will not get online. My friend
    >>> and I are now playing with it alot just to see how bad this thing is.
    >>> It reminds me of Windows3.1 in the way it looks though not in how it
    >>> acts but it can't get online no matter what we do and it locks up for
    >>> about a minute at a time just to piss the user off.

    >> Ubuntu freezes?!?! Say it ain't so!

    > for minutes at a time and then it comes back from lah lah land. No
    > wonder assholes like Rick use it.

    I use PCLinuxOS.

    --
    Rick

  14. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    On Aug 13, 11:08*pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    > "cc" wrote in message

    > > On Aug 13, 11:05 pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    > >> "cc" wrote in message

    > >> If it going to use the alphabet then use the letter everyone knows.
    > >> How ****ing hard is that?

    > > What is the letter of the alphabet that people don't know?

    > What the hell does that even mean? *Hidden alphabet letters?

    You said that if it is going to use the alphabet then use the letter
    everyone knows. What letter don't you know? What is part of the
    alphabet is Ubuntu using that you've never heard of? If it the letter
    z? It is at the end, maybe you never got there. Ubuntu can use the
    entire alphabet to designate a drive. So if you don't know part of the
    alphabet, then you might possibly be in trouble. If you know the
    entire alphabet, then Ubuntu must be using a letter that everyone
    knows. So which is it?

  15. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    On Aug 13, 11:07*pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    > "cc" wrote in message

    > > On Aug 13, 11:04 pm, "Rekruled" wrote:
    > >> "Rick" wrote in message

    > >>news:rNidnevfaIY_Bj7VnZ2dnUVZ_ozinZ2d@supernews.co m

    > >> What the hell is up with you finding new users to follow around and
    > >> annoy. If you do not want to be in a room with me then /leave/. Is
    > >> it that hard for you to figure out? Have you figured out I am not
    > >> Ronald Reagan yet?

    > > Prove you're not Ronald Reagan.

    > He is dead just like Rick's brain.

    This is true.

  16. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:38:56 -0700, Rekruled wrote:

    newshosting.com!83.128.0.11.MISMATCH!news-out1.kabelfoon.nl!
    newsfeed.kabelfoon.nl!bandi.nntp.kabelfoon.nl!feed er.news-service.com!
    news.motzarella.org!motzarella.org!not-for-mail
    > From: "Rekruled"
    > Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

    [...]
    > If you do not want to be in a room with me then leave.

    For ****s sake, look at the header where it reads: newsgroups!

    -Thufir

  17. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 01:48:46 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > Rekruled wrote:
    >> I got Ububtu on my D drive which it /does/ see even though Rick and
    >> Thufir told me it would not

    > No-one ever said it wouldn't see your hard disk All anyone said was that
    > it isn't called "D". Because it's a ****ing pointless means of storage
    > identification that only one moronic company uses.

    Didn't he also make the accusation that I, or "COLA", or whomever, told
    him it would magically work? Maybe I'm mistaking this moron for another
    moron.

    Hey, moron who may be snit, did you read those links I gave you about
    dual booting?

    -Thufir

  18. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:58:53 -0700, Rekruled wrote:

    > If Ubuntu can see the drive but does not know the name of it then what
    > do you do if you have a whole lot of drives and you want to get to a
    > particular one? That is idiotic.

    I don't even know how to parse that sentence, it's nonsensical.

    -Thufir

  19. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:11:06 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    >> > If Ubuntu can see the drive but does not know the name of it then
    >> > what do you do if you have a whole lot of drives and you want to get
    >> > to a particular one? *That is idiotic.

    [...]
    > Some people just can't give you an answer. Look under COMPUTERS, and
    > partitions are there by size. Not really by drive letter. You can mount
    > it and name it anything you want.

    Ah, well, glad ya were able to figure out what he wanted.

    -Thufir

  20. Re: A Ubuntu problem or two or three or four or more

    "thufir" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:58:53 -0700, Rekruled wrote:
    >

    >> If Ubuntu can see the drive but does not know the name of it then
    >> what do you do if you have a whole lot of drives and you want to get
    >> to a particular one? That is idiotic.
    >>

    > I don't even know how to parse that sentence, it's nonsensical.
    >

    > -Thufir

    You do not even now what the alphabet is.