Re: Microsoft Tries 'Stealing' Developers from #1 Threat - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Microsoft Tries 'Stealing' Developers from #1 Threat - Linux ; On Aug 14, 2:13 am, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Microsoft continues to woo open-source developers > ,----[ Quote ] > | MANILA, Philippines -- Microsoft is set to launch a developer program aimed > | at local companies creating applications ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Re: Microsoft Tries 'Stealing' Developers from #1 Threat

  1. Re: Microsoft Tries 'Stealing' Developers from #1 Threat

    On Aug 14, 2:13 am, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > Microsoft continues to woo open-source developers


    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | MANILA, Philippines -- Microsoft is set to launch a developer program aimed
    > | at local companies creating applications using the open-source model.
    > `----


    Actually, it's a bit more sinister than that. Microsoft will let you
    look at some source code, that they will give you for free, if you
    sign a license agreement that, in effect, means that you can't write
    software for any platform other than Windows without getting
    Microsoft's prior written permission.

    And we know how good Microsoft is about giving prior written
    permission to do something favorable to competitors and unfavorable to
    Microsoft. You might get the approval - when you're eligible for
    retirement income such as Social Security or government pension.

    And even then, only if you get a note from the doctor saying that you
    have Alsheimer's or Dimentia and can't remember anything long enough
    to do anything with it.

    Bill's retiring :-D

    > http://technology.inquirer.net/infot...0080812-154206...


  2. Re: Microsoft Tries 'Stealing' Developers from #1 Threat

    Rex Ballard wrote:

    > Actually, it's a bit more sinister than that. Microsoft will let you
    > look at some source code, that they will give you for free, if you
    > sign a license agreement that, in effect, means that you can't write
    > software for any platform other than Windows without getting
    > Microsoft's prior written permission.


    Usenet Kook Alert! cuckoo! cuckoo!




  3. Re: Microsoft Tries 'Stealing' Developers from #1 Threat

    On 2008-08-14, Rex Ballard wrote:
    > On Aug 14, 2:13 am, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >> Microsoft continues to woo open-source developers

    >
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | MANILA, Philippines -- Microsoft is set to launch a developer program aimed
    >> | at local companies creating applications using the open-source model.
    >> `----

    >
    > Actually, it's a bit more sinister than that. Microsoft will let you
    > look at some source code, that they will give you for free, if you
    > sign a license agreement that, in effect, means that you can't write
    > software for any platform other than Windows without getting
    > Microsoft's prior written permission.


    What a load of crap, Rex. Sorry - but, when I was a Microsoft MVP I had
    access to the Windows source code (though, I never took advantage of the
    oppertunity). The only thing I had to sign was a standard NDA - there were no
    clauses about writting code on other platforms or any such non-sense.

    Do you really believe this stuff, or do you just make it up to impress the
    ignorant masses?

    --
    Tom Shelton

  4. Re: Microsoft Tries 'Stealing' Developers from #1 Threat

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:50:22 -0500, Tom Shelton wrote:

    > On 2008-08-14, Rex Ballard wrote:
    >> On Aug 14, 2:13 am, Roy Schestowitz
    >> wrote:
    >>> Microsoft continues to woo open-source developers

    >>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> | MANILA, Philippines -- Microsoft is set to launch a developer program aimed
    >>> | at local companies creating applications using the open-source model.
    >>> `----

    >>
    >> Actually, it's a bit more sinister than that. Microsoft will let you
    >> look at some source code, that they will give you for free, if you
    >> sign a license agreement that, in effect, means that you can't write
    >> software for any platform other than Windows without getting
    >> Microsoft's prior written permission.

    >
    > What a load of crap, Rex. Sorry - but, when I was a Microsoft MVP I had
    > access to the Windows source code (though, I never took advantage of the
    > oppertunity). The only thing I had to sign was a standard NDA - there were no
    > clauses about writting code on other platforms or any such non-sense.
    >
    > Do you really believe this stuff, or do you just make it up to impress the
    > ignorant masses?


    It sure looks like he has Roy Schestowitz fooled.

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....955c95e422489f

    Roy Schestowitz says: I have references to show them doing this.

    Rex Ballard Says: > Great job again Roy

    Roy Schestowitz Says: Thanks. Coming from you, this means a lot.


    One fool stroking the back of another fool.



    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread