[News] Launchy (Popular Windows Application) Ported to GNU/Linux - Linux

  1. Re: [News] Launchy (Popular Windows Application) Ported to GNU/Linux

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > Launchy for Linux
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Launchy is a clever replacement for program menus that searches for the
    > | program you want as you type the name.
    > |
    > | We already think very highly of the Windows version and now there is a
    > | version for Linu
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.computeractive.co.uk/comp.../launchy-linux

    Who the hell claimed that "Launchy" is popular? Oh that's right... nobody
    but the spammer who fabricates headlines.

    "Launchy" is definitely not a popular Windows app. I doubt that anyone
    reading this has ever even heard of it.

  2. [News] Launchy (Popular Windows Application) Ported to GNU/Linux

  3. Re: Launchy (Popular Windows Application) Ported to GNU/Linux

    On Aug 13, 5:47*pm, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > > Launchy for Linux

    > > ,----[ Quote ]
    > > | Launchy is a clever replacement for program menus that searches for the
    > > | program you want as you type the name.
    > > |
    > > | We already think very highly of the Windows version and now there is a
    > > | version for Linu
    > > `----

    > >http://www.computeractive.co.uk/comp...s/2223693/laun...

    > Who the hell claimed that "Launchy" is popular? Oh that's right... nobody
    > but the spammer who fabricates headlines.
    >
    > "Launchy" is definitely not a popular Windows app. I doubt that anyone
    > reading this has ever even heard of it.
    >
    > ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

    I have no idea what it is.....

  4. Re: [News] Launchy (Popular Windows Application) Ported to GNU/Linux

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Launchy for Linux
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Launchy is a clever replacement for program menus that searches for the
    >> | program you want as you type the name.
    >> |
    >> | We already think very highly of the Windows version and now there is a
    >> | version for Linu
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.computeractive.co.uk/comp.../launchy-linux

    > Who the hell claimed that "Launchy" is popular? Oh that's right... nobody
    > but the spammer who fabricates headlines.

    Pro linux post in a linux advocacy newsgroup... just how is this spam
    dip****?

  5. Re: [News] Launchy (Popular Windows Application) Ported to GNU/Linux

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:47:28 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Launchy for Linux
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Launchy is a clever replacement for program menus that searches for the
    >>| program you want as you type the name.
    >>|
    >>| We already think very highly of the Windows version and now there is a
    >>| version for Linu
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.computeractive.co.uk/comp.../launchy-linux

    > Who the hell claimed that "Launchy" is popular? Oh that's right... nobody
    > but the spammer who fabricates headlines.
    >
    > "Launchy" is definitely not a popular Windows app. I doubt that anyone
    > reading this has ever even heard of it.

    Never heard of it, but it sounds like just thing to use when Linux doesn't
    create a menu item for the program you just installed and while the program
    may be named "MusicMan" the file to start it is called something like:

    MuSic_MaN120.5_pre_rel_alpha

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: