Russian hacker 'militia' mobilizes to attack Georgia

,----[ Quote ]
| Danchev and others have found evidence that points to a self-starting militia
| composed of volunteer hackers and cyber criminals who control large-scale
| bots, or collections of previously-compromised computers, as behind the
| escalating attacks that have knocked Georgian sites offline.
`----

These are the Big Boys. But the authorities target the small guys, the
scapegoats...

European court delays British hacker's extradition to US

,----[ Quote ]
| The European Court of Human Rights said Gary McKinnon can stay in London
| until last-ditch appeal is heard on August 28.
`----

The authorities should instead start an inquiry of Botmaster Gates, who created
and spread (using deliberate 'piracy') and O/S with back doors.

"There are no significant bugs in our released software that any significant
number of users want fixed."

* * * * * * * * * * * * --Bill Gates, 1995

"The Internet? We are not interested in it."

* * * * * * * * * * * * --Bill Gates, 1993

James Allchin

'---[ Quote ]
| In relation to the issue of sharing technical API and protocol
| information used throughout Microsoft products, which the
| states were seeking, Allchin alleged that releasing this
| information would increase the security risk to consumers.
|
| * * * *"It is no exaggeration to say that the national security is
| * * * *also implicated by the efforts of hackers to break into
| * * * *computing networks. Computers, including many running Windows
| * * * *operating systems, are used throughout the United States
| * * * *Department of Defense and by the armed forces of the United
| * * * *States in Afghanistan and elsewhere."
`----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Allchin

Microsoft recently acknowledged puttingback doors in Windows, for 'special'
authorities, whoever that may be. As Schneier testified, it's inevitably bound
to reach the hacker community. Great job, Microsoft.