[News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month - Linux

  1. [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

  2. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:07:35 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Google Android just four weeks away?

    Will this one be able to make phone calls, unlike the OpenMoko?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > Google Android just four weeks away?
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Back in June, some unnamed sources told The Wall Street Journal that
    > Google's
    > | currently closed open mobile platform could be delayed until 2009. But
    > this
    > | week, another unnamed source told TmoNews - a T-Mobile obsessed blog -
    > that
    > | the American wireless carrier will offer up the first Android phone for
    > | pre-sale on 17 September.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08..._launch_rumor/

    Still have reading and/or honesty problems huh Roy?

    Read the quote you supplied:
    --- " will offer up the first Android phone for pre-sale on 17 September."

    Because someone is taking PRE-SALE orders does not mean the phone is being
    released next month.

  4. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:12:35 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Google Android just four weeks away?
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Back in June, some unnamed sources told The Wall Street Journal that
    >> Google's
    >> | currently closed open mobile platform could be delayed until 2009.
    >> But this
    >> | week, another unnamed source told TmoNews - a T-Mobile obsessed blog
    >> - that
    >> | the American wireless carrier will offer up the first Android phone
    >> for | pre-sale on 17 September.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08..._launch_rumor/

    > Still have reading and/or honesty problems huh Roy?
    >
    > Read the quote you supplied:
    > --- " will offer up the first Android phone for pre-sale on 17
    > September."
    >
    > Because someone is taking PRE-SALE orders does not mean the phone is
    > being released next month.

    The G1 pre-sale will last for one week, the blog says, and during that
    time, the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile customers.
    Does that statement not mean the phone will be available in September to T-
    Mobile existing customers?

    Rick

  5. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    "Rick" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:12:35 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Google Android just four weeks away?
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> Google's
    >>> But this
    >>> - that
    >>> for | pre-sale on 17 September.
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08..._launch_rumor/

    >> Still have reading and/or honesty problems huh Roy?
    >>
    >> Read the quote you supplied:
    >> --- " will offer up the first Android phone for pre-sale on 17
    >> September."
    >>
    >> Because someone is taking PRE-SALE orders does not mean the phone is
    >> being released next month.
    >>

    > The G1 pre-sale will last for one week, the blog says, and during that
    > time, the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile customers.
    >

    > Does that statement not mean the phone will be available in September to
    > T-
    > Mobile existing customers?

    For starters I couldn't care less what some "blog" says. Give me a real news
    story by a real reporter with a reliable organization like the NYT, WSJ or
    any AP source. Any idiot can write in a blog.

    And NO, it does not mean the physical phone will be available. The ability
    to place a pre-sale order will be available to existing customers.

    > --
    > Rick

  6. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:54:38 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:12:35 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >>> Still have reading and/or honesty problems huh Roy?
    >>>
    >>> Read the quote you supplied:
    >>> --- " will offer up the first Android phone for pre-sale on 17
    >>> September."
    >>>
    >>> Because someone is taking PRE-SALE orders does not mean the phone is
    >>> being released next month.
    >>>

    >> The G1 pre-sale will last for one week, the blog says, and during that
    >> time, the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile customers.
    >>

    >> Does that statement not mean the phone will be available in September
    >> to T-
    >> Mobile existing customers?

    > For starters I couldn't care less what some "blog" says. Give me a real
    > news story by a real reporter with a reliable organization like the NYT,
    > WSJ or any AP source. Any idiot can write in a blog.
    >
    > And NO, it does not mean the physical phone will be available. The
    > ability to place a pre-sale order will be available to existing
    > customers.

    The G1 pre-sale will last for one week, the blog says, and during that
    time, the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile customers.
    What part of "the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile
    customers" is unclear.

    Might the source be wrong? Yes, but What part of "the phone will be
    available only to existing T-Mobile customers" is unclear.

    >>> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    >> --
    >> Rick

    Rick

  7. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    "Rick" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:54:38 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message

    >>> The G1 pre-sale will last for one week, the blog says, and during that
    >>> time, the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile customers.
    >>>

    >>> Does that statement not mean the phone will be available in September
    >>> to T-
    >>> Mobile existing customers?

    >> For starters I couldn't care less what some "blog" says. Give me a real
    >> news story by a real reporter with a reliable organization like the NYT,
    >> WSJ or any AP source. Any idiot can write in a blog.
    >>
    >> And NO, it does not mean the physical phone will be available. The
    >> ability to place a pre-sale order will be available to existing
    >> customers.

    > The G1 pre-sale will last for one week, the blog says, and during that
    > time, the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile customers.
    >

    > What part of "the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile
    > customers" is unclear.

    What part of "pre-sale" is unclear. Hint for you... if the actual physical
    phone was going to be available on Sept 17th then it would be finished and
    in manufacturing right now. Surely we would have seen a press release about
    how Google has released the phone for manufacturing. So where's the press
    release?

    > Might the source be wrong? Yes, but What part of "the phone will be
    > available only to existing T-Mobile customers" is unclear.

    What part of pre-sale orders don't you understand? There are automobiles
    that won't be available until next year... yet I can pre-order them this
    year. See how that works?

  8. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    > ____/ Rick on Wednesday 13 August 2008 18:17 : \____
    >
    >> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:54:38 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" wrote in message

    >>> For starters I couldn't care less what some "blog" says. Give me a real
    >>> news story by a real reporter with a reliable organization like the NYT,
    >>> WSJ or any AP source. Any idiot can write in a blog.
    >>>
    >>> And NO, it does not mean the physical phone will be available. The
    >>> ability to place a pre-sale order will be available to existing
    >>> customers.

    >> The G1 pre-sale will last for one week, the blog says, and during that
    >> time, the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile customers.
    >>

    >> What part of "the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile
    >> customers" is unclear.
    >>
    >> Might the source be wrong? Yes, but What part of "the phone will be
    >> available only to existing T-Mobile customers" is unclear.

    > It's already in the hands of some developers.
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08..._hits_youtube/

    So what? There are such things as a preliminary prototype you know. Just
    because some developer has a early prototype doesn't mean that they are
    going to sell them to consumers in one month.

  9. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:48:23 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> ____/ Rick on Wednesday 13 August 2008 18:17 : \____

    >>> The G1 pre-sale will last for one week, the blog says, and during that
    >>> time, the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile customers.
    >>>

    >>> What part of "the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile
    >>> customers" is unclear.
    >>>
    >>> Might the source be wrong? Yes, but What part of "the phone will be
    >>> available only to existing T-Mobile customers" is unclear.

    >> It's already in the hands of some developers.
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08..._hits_youtube/
    >>

    > So what? There are such things as a preliminary prototype you know. Just
    > because some developer has a early prototype doesn't mean that they are
    > going to sell them to consumers in one month.

    The problem is that you are assuming Sdhestowitz actually reads and checks
    his script generated posts.
    He doesn't.
    He's admitted that he doesn't have the time to check these things.

    That's why he has 2 other posts with totally bad links.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:27:38 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:54:38 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" wrote in message

    >>> For starters I couldn't care less what some "blog" says. Give me a
    >>> real news story by a real reporter with a reliable organization like
    >>> the NYT, WSJ or any AP source. Any idiot can write in a blog.
    >>>
    >>> And NO, it does not mean the physical phone will be available. The
    >>> ability to place a pre-sale order will be available to existing
    >>> customers.

    >> The G1 pre-sale will last for one week, the blog says, and during that
    >> time, the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile customers.
    >>

    >> What part of "the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile
    >> customers" is unclear.

    > What part of "pre-sale" is unclear.

    What part of "the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile
    customers" is unclear?

    > Hint for you... if the actual
    > physical phone was going to be available on Sept 17th then it would be
    > finished and in manufacturing right now. Surely we would have seen a
    > press release about how Google has released the phone for manufacturing.
    > So where's the press release?

    Who knows? Maybe Apple isn't the company that is able to keep secrets?

    >> Might the source be wrong? Yes, but What part of "the phone will be
    >> available only to existing T-Mobile customers" is unclear.

    > What part of pre-sale orders don't you understand? There are automobiles
    > that won't be available until next year... yet I can pre-order them this
    > year. See how that works?

    What part of "the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile
    customers" is unclear?

    Rick

  11. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:59:45 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:48:23 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> ____/ Rick on Wednesday 13 August 2008 18:17 : \____

    google_android_launch_rumor/

    >>> It's already in the hands of some developers.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/11/

    google_android_video_hits_youtube/

    >> So what? There are such things as a preliminary prototype you know.
    >> Just because some developer has a early prototype doesn't mean that
    >> they are going to sell them to consumers in one month.

    > The problem is that you are assuming Sdhestowitz actually reads and
    > checks his script generated posts.
    > He doesn't.
    > He's admitted that he doesn't have the time to check these things.
    >
    > That's why he has 2 other posts with totally bad links.

    The G1 pre-sale will last for one week, the blog says, and during that
    time, the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile customers. And
    it seems those existing customers can grab one for $250 below the retail
    price. "Other customers interested in the G1 may have to wait until
    beginning/mid October before a national public launch,"
    According to the article, the phone will be available to existing T-mobile
    customers. The article may be incorrect, but it does say the phone will be
    available.

    --
    Rick

  12. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    ____/ Rick on Wednesday 13 August 2008 18:17 : \____

    > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:54:38 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message

    >>> The G1 pre-sale will last for one week, the blog says, and during that
    >>> time, the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile customers.
    >>>

    >>> Does that statement not mean the phone will be available in September
    >>> to T-
    >>> Mobile existing customers?

    >> For starters I couldn't care less what some "blog" says. Give me a real
    >> news story by a real reporter with a reliable organization like the NYT,
    >> WSJ or any AP source. Any idiot can write in a blog.
    >>
    >> And NO, it does not mean the physical phone will be available. The
    >> ability to place a pre-sale order will be available to existing
    >> customers.

    > The G1 pre-sale will last for one week, the blog says, and during that
    > time, the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile customers.
    >

    > What part of "the phone will be available only to existing T-Mobile
    > customers" is unclear.
    >
    > Might the source be wrong? Yes, but What part of "the phone will be
    > available only to existing T-Mobile customers" is unclear.

    >>> --
    >>> Rick

    It's already in the hands of some developers.

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08..._hits_youtube/

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Watch your step, that soapbox is very slippery

  13. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    * Ezekiel peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > For starters I couldn't care less what some "blog" says. Give me a real news
    > story by a real reporter with a reliable organization like the NYT, WSJ or
    > any AP source. Any idiot can write in a blog.

    Or in a newsgroup.

    --
    Lost interest? It's so bad I've lost apathy.

  14. Re: [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out Next Month

    What part of the word "Rumour" (hint: in the subject line) don't you
    understand? And you have the nerve to talk about "reading problems".

    How is /Roy/ being "dishonest" by posting *somebody else's rumour*?

    Idiot.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
    | longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
    | ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083
    `----

    01:24:44 up 236 days, 22:00, 4 users, load average: 1.01, 1.04, 1.08

+ Reply to Thread