[News] System Admin: 15%-25% of This College Are GNU/Linux Users - Linux

  2. Re: [News] System Admin: 15%-25% of This College Are GNU/Linux Users

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:21:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > - From the producer: "This is fairly good news. In this DTP video, just released
    > to the IA DTP VC, Christa Casebeer, a sys admin at the Johnson County
    > Community College in Kansas City, Missouri, says that 15% to 25% of all users
    > at her college are Linux users! "
    >
    > http://www.archive.org/download/e-dv...ebeer_003.ogg/

    Your link doesn't work....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: System Admin: 15%-25% of This College Are GNU/Linux Users

    On Aug 13, 10:41*am, "Moshe Goldfarb."
    wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:21:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > > - From the producer: "This is fairly good news. *In this DTP video, just released
    > > to the IA DTP VC, Christa Casebeer, a sys admin at the Johnson County
    > > Community College in Kansas City, Missouri, says that 15% to 25% of allusers
    > > at her college are Linux users! "

    > >http://www.archive.org/download/e-dv...ebeer_003.ogg/

    > Your link doesn't work....
    >
    > --
    > Moshe Goldfarb
    > Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    That is a bug in the web site.
    They will fix it in the next release,

    It will be a long wait. All the developers
    of the project, go told by the wife, to get
    a job or get out. They all got jobs, so the
    source forge code is abandoned.

  4. Re: [News] System Admin: 15%-25% of This College Are GNU/Linux Users

    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:21:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> - From the producer: "This is fairly good news. In this DTP video, just
    >> released
    >> to the IA DTP VC, Christa Casebeer, a sys admin at the Johnson County
    >> Community College in Kansas City, Missouri, says that 15% to 25% of all
    >> users
    >> at her college are Linux users! "
    >>
    >> http://www.archive.org/download/e-dv...ebeer_003.ogg/

    > Your link doesn't work....

    Do you suppose the Microsoft enforcers found out about it and took it out?

  5. Re: [News] System Admin: 15%-25% of This College Are GNU/Linux Users

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:41:06 -0400, amicus_curious wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:21:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> - From the producer: "This is fairly good news. In this DTP video, just
    >>> released
    >>> to the IA DTP VC, Christa Casebeer, a sys admin at the Johnson County
    >>> Community College in Kansas City, Missouri, says that 15% to 25% of all
    >>> users
    >>> at her college are Linux users! "
    >>>
    >>> http://www.archive.org/download/e-dv...ebeer_003.ogg/

    >> Your link doesn't work....
    >>

    > Do you suppose the Microsoft enforcers found out about it and took it out?

    No.

    It's Spamowitz's automated "feed the baby" posting script going amok again.
    I still can't believe people in COLA are not on to that rube.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: [News] System Admin: 15%-25% of This College Are GNU/Linux Users

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:21:48 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> - From the producer: "This is fairly good news. In this DTP video, just released
    >> to the IA DTP VC, Christa Casebeer, a sys admin at the Johnson County
    >> Community College in Kansas City, Missouri, says that 15% to 25% of all users
    >> at her college are Linux users! "
    >>
    >> http://www.archive.org/download/e-dv...ebeer_003.ogg/

    > Your link doesn't work....

  7. Re: [News] System Admin: 15%-25% of This College Are GNU/Linux Users

    Verily I say unto thee, that Matt spake thusly:

    http://www.archive.org/details/e-dv5...sebeer_004.ogg

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
    | longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
    | ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083
    `----

    01:12:00 up 236 days, 21:47, 4 users, load average: 1.16, 1.15, 1.17

  8. Re: [News] System Admin: 15%-25% of This College Are GNU/Linux Users

    Homer wrote:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Matt spake thusly:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Your link doesn't work....

    > http://www.archive.org/details/e-dv5...sebeer_004.ogg

    Thanks for the link.

    She says: "I would say in five years we will probably have at least
    fifty percent of the market share on desktops and homes," also that
    uptake will be faster in the consumer market than in companies.

  9. Re: [News] System Admin: 15%-25% of This College Are GNU/Linux Users

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 01:12:16 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Matt spake thusly:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Your link doesn't work....

    > http://www.archive.org/details/e-dv5...sebeer_004.ogg

    That works...