mips: local_irq_save - Linux

This is a discussion on mips: local_irq_save - Linux ; I just found out that local_ieq_save() does not disable interrupt as all. I am not familiar with MIPS assembly. So is this function is obsolete? Can anyone tell me how the righ implementation should look like? Thanks,...

  1. mips: local_irq_save

    I just found out that local_ieq_save() does not disable interrupt as
    all. I am not familiar with MIPS assembly. So is this function is
    obsolete? Can anyone tell me how the righ implementation should look
    like?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: mips: local_irq_save

    On Aug 13, 6:02 am, Keep Asking wrote:
    > I just found out that local_ieq_save() does not disable interrupt as
    > all.

    This is right.It disable local cpu's interrupt.
    > I am not familiar with MIPS assembly. So is this function is
    > obsolete? Can anyone tell me how the righ implementation should look
    > like?
    >
    > Thanks,

  3. Re: mips: local_irq_save

    On Aug 13, 2:10*am, hamody wrote:
    > On Aug 13, 6:02 am, Keep Asking wrote:> I just found out that local_ieq_save() does not disable interrupt as
    > > all.

    > This is right.It disable local cpu's interrupt.
    >

    > > I am not familiar with MIPS assembly. So is this function is
    > > obsolete? Can anyone tell me how the righ implementation should look
    > > like?

    > > Thanks,- Hide quoted text -

    I had a typo there. I meant it did not disable the interrupt, I do not
    have multiple CPUs, just one.

+ Reply to Thread