Re: [News] Another Patent Troll Gets Its Way in Texas - Linux

  1. Re: [News] Another Patent Troll Gets Its Way in Texas

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > RIM Pays Off Wi-LAN To Get Rid Of Another Patent Suit
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Wi-LAN is a Canadian company that did some early work in the wireless field,
    > | but was unable to actually make much of a business out of its work, so it
    > | took the loser's route: it started suing lots of companies for patent
    > | infringement. It's the same old story: winners innovate, losers litigate --
    > | and litigate seems to be about all that Wi-LAN does these days.
    > `----

    The sooner TPTB wake up and abolish pure software patenting the better.
    For everyone.

  2. Re: [News] Another Patent Troll Gets Its Way in Texas

    In article ,
    "Phil Da Lick!" wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > >
    > > RIM Pays Off Wi-LAN To Get Rid Of Another Patent Suit
    > >
    > > ,----[ Quote ]
    > > | Wi-LAN is a Canadian company that did some early work in the
    > > | wireless field, but was unable to actually make much of a
    > > | business out of its work, so it took the loser's route: it
    > > | started suing lots of companies for patent infringement. It's the
    > > | same old story: winners innovate, losers litigate -- and litigate
    > > | seems to be about all that Wi-LAN does these days.
    > > `----

    > The sooner TPTB wake up and abolish pure software patenting the better.
    > For everyone.

    Do you have reason to believe these patents have anything to do with
    software?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  3. Re: [News] Another Patent Troll Gets Its Way in Texas

    Tim Smith wrote:
    > In article ,
    > "Phil Da Lick!" wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>
    >>> RIM Pays Off Wi-LAN To Get Rid Of Another Patent Suit
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----

    >> The sooner TPTB wake up and abolish pure software patenting the better.
    >> For everyone.

    > Do you have reason to believe these patents have anything to do with
    > software?

    With the cursory glance at the subject header I used, I'd say not much.
    But then, that doesn't invalidate my statement.

+ Reply to Thread