Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too. - Linux

This is a discussion on Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too. - Linux ; I love how linux geeks, even in COLA, say I don't have to terminal. Wanna watch the olymic's on linux? You have to TERMINAL. Here are the INSTRUCTIONS. http://newblogonstuff.blogspot.com/2...-on-linux.html Did you notice the first line in the instructions? sudo apt-get ...

  1. Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    I love how linux geeks, even in COLA, say I don't have to terminal.
    Wanna watch the olymic's on linux? You have to TERMINAL.

    Here are the INSTRUCTIONS.
    http://newblogonstuff.blogspot.com/2...-on-linux.html

    Did you notice the first line in the instructions?

    sudo apt-get install vlc

    Now, I have to be wrong here, but isn't that a terminal command?
    I don't know! Looks like ONE TO ME!

    I guess you don't have to terminal. If you want to sit in a little
    room,
    and ignore the world.

  2. Re: Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    On Aug 12, 9:36*am, "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    > I love how linux geeks, even in COLA, say I don't have to terminal.
    > Wanna watch the olymic's on linux? *You have to TERMINAL.
    >
    > Here are the INSTRUCTIONS.http://newblogonstuff.blogspot.com/2...-live-olympics...
    >
    > Did you notice the first line in the instructions?
    >
    > sudo apt-get install vlc
    >
    > Now, I have to be wrong here, but isn't that a terminal command?
    > I don't know! *Looks like ONE TO ME!
    >
    > I guess you don't have to terminal. *If you want to sit in a little
    > room,
    > and ignore the world.

    I bet every stay at home housewife, should have no trouble doing this.
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA.

    Linux. You can't can't make it easy, and click a button.
    TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE

  3. Re: Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    On 2008-08-12 15:41, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > On Aug 12, 9:36 am, "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    >> I love how linux geeks, even in COLA, say I don't have to terminal.
    >> Wanna watch the olymic's on linux? You have to TERMINAL.
    >>
    >> Here are the INSTRUCTIONS.http://newblogonstuff.blogspot.com/2...-live-olympics...
    >>
    >> Did you notice the first line in the instructions?
    >>
    >> sudo apt-get install vlc
    >>
    >> Now, I have to be wrong here, but isn't that a terminal command?
    >> I don't know! Looks like ONE TO ME!
    >>
    >> I guess you don't have to terminal. If you want to sit in a little
    >> room,
    >> and ignore the world.

    > I bet every stay at home housewife, should have no trouble doing this.
    > HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA.
    >
    > Linux. You can't can't make it easy, and click a button.
    > TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    > TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    > TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    > TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    > TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    > TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    > TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    > TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE

    Why waste your time to type here when you hate to type so much?
    Do you have a preconfigured button for each post you make?

    An instruction in text form is the most simple and superior help
    one can give.
    The one who need help just open a terminal and do sudo, mark the command line
    from the help text with the mouse, then put the mouse over the terminal
    window and with the middle mouse button paste it in the terminal.
    ONE CLICK.

    Now, describe for me step by step to install **** on windows?

    repeat 64 echo -n "TYPE " | fold -40

    /bb

  4. Re: Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 06:36:50 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > I love how linux geeks, even in COLA, say I don't have to terminal.
    > Wanna watch the olymic's on linux? You have to TERMINAL.

    You don't HAVE TO terminal. You don't HAVE TO watch the olympics. I have
    thus far totally avoided it in every form.

    > Here are the INSTRUCTIONS.
    > http://newblogonstuff.blogspot.com/2...e-olympics-on-

    linux.html

    > Did you notice the first line in the instructions?
    >
    > sudo apt-get install vlc
    >
    > Now, I have to be wrong here, but isn't that a terminal command? I don't
    > know! Looks like ONE TO ME!
    >
    > I guess you don't have to terminal. If you want to sit in a little
    > room,
    > and ignore the world.

  5. Re: Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 06:36:50 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > I love how linux geeks, even in COLA, say I don't have to terminal.
    > Wanna watch the olymic's on linux? You have to TERMINAL.
    >
    > Here are the INSTRUCTIONS.
    > http://newblogonstuff.blogspot.com/2...e-olympics-on-

    linux.html

    > Did you notice the first line in the instructions?
    >
    > sudo apt-get install vlc

    It sure as hell is! And the same thing can be accomplished in synaptic!!

    > Now, I have to be wrong here, but isn't that a terminal command? I don't
    > know! Looks like ONE TO ME!
    >
    > I guess you don't have to terminal. If you want to sit in a little
    > room,
    > and ignore the world.

  6. Re: Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    * Psyc Geek (TAB) peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > I love how linux geeks, even in COLA, say I don't have to terminal.
    > Wanna watch the olymic's on linux? You have to TERMINAL.
    >
    > Here are the INSTRUCTIONS.
    > http://newblogonstuff.blogspot.com/2...-on-linux.html
    >
    > Did you notice the first line in the instructions?
    >
    > sudo apt-get install vlc

    Or use the Synaptic GUI, silly dude.

    --
    10) there is no 10, but it sounded like a nice number
    -- Wichert Akkerman

  7. Re: Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    * Psyc Geek (TAB) peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Aug 12, 9:36*am, "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    >
    > Linux. You can't can't make it easy, and click a button.
    > TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE

    It's one thing to be silly and stupid. It's another thing to be such
    deliberately.

    --
    Nature is by and large to be found out of doors, a location where,
    it cannot be argued, there are never enough comfortable chairs.

  8. Re: Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    Yes... all of these shenanigans are thanks to NBC.

    If I even cared, I would have set up my PVR to capture some Olympic coverage.

    It has only now occured to me that I can capture it in 1080i.

    Even despite that sudden realization, I am not sure that I will suddenly
    rush to create a season pass or a wishlist for this...

    --
    Apple: because TRANS.TBL is an mp3 file. It really is! |||
    / | \

  9. Re: Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:29:47 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Psyc Geek (TAB) peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Aug 12, 9:36*am, "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:

    Psyc Geek (TAB) certified idiot.

    > It's one thing to be silly and stupid. It's another thing to be such
    > deliberately.

    It's TAB, who's obviously got nothing better to do than think up stupid
    things. Sitting in a little room, ignoring the world.

    --
    Is a M$ "Certificate of Authenticity"
    for Vista, a junk bond?

  10. Re: Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    On 2008-08-12, William Poaster wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:29:47 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Psyc Geek (TAB) peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> On Aug 12, 9:36*am, "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:

    > Psyc Geek (TAB) certified idiot.
    >

    >> It's one thing to be silly and stupid. It's another thing to be such
    >> deliberately.

    > It's TAB, who's obviously got nothing better to do than think up stupid
    > things. Sitting in a little room, ignoring the world.

    ....and not even bothering to follow through.

    I tried those instructions and the website with the schedule seems to be offline.

    Does anyone know why anyone would even care about the streaming version
    of the Olympic coverage? The stuff that NBC is carrying doesn't seem to
    be too terribly exciting but that's kind of the way the Olympics are in
    general.

    Given what has been said about NBC's treatment of the content, I would much
    rather get that footage from another source anyways.

    Mebbe a Korean network (with or without an english subpicture channel).

    --
    Apple: because TRANS.TBL is an mp3 file. It really is! |||
    / | \

  11. Re: Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    On 2008-08-12, bb wrote:
    > On 2008-08-12 15:41, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >> On Aug 12, 9:36 am, "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    >>> I love how linux geeks, even in COLA, say I don't have to terminal.
    >>> Wanna watch the olymic's on linux? You have to TERMINAL.
    >>>
    >>> Here are the INSTRUCTIONS.http://newblogonstuff.blogspot.com/2...-live-olympics...
    >>>
    >>> Did you notice the first line in the instructions?
    >>>
    >>> sudo apt-get install vlc
    >>>
    >>> Now, I have to be wrong here, but isn't that a terminal command?
    >>> I don't know! Looks like ONE TO ME!
    >>>
    >>> I guess you don't have to terminal. If you want to sit in a little
    >>> room,
    >>> and ignore the world.

    >> I bet every stay at home housewife, should have no trouble doing this.
    >> HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA.
    >>
    >> Linux. You can't can't make it easy, and click a button.
    >> TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    >> TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    >> TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    >> TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    >> TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    >> TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    >> TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE
    >> TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE TYPE

    > Why waste your time to type here when you hate to type so much?
    > Do you have a preconfigured button for each post you make?
    >
    > An instruction in text form is the most simple and superior help
    > one can give.
    > The one who need help just open a terminal and do sudo, mark the command line
    > from the help text with the mouse, then put the mouse over the terminal
    > window and with the middle mouse button paste it in the terminal.
    > ONE CLICK.
    >
    > Now, describe for me step by step to install **** on windows?
    >
    > repeat 64 echo -n "TYPE " | fold -40

    What shell are you using? I can't find a "repeat" command in bash.

    I find no match with a search of Gentoo repositories (eix repeat).

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  12. Re: Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    > I love how linux geeks, even in COLA, say I don't have to terminal.
    > Wanna watch the olymic's on linux? You have to TERMINAL.
    >
    > Here are the INSTRUCTIONS.
    > http://newblogonstuff.blogspot.com/2...-on-linux.html
    >
    > Did you notice the first line in the instructions?
    >
    > sudo apt-get install vlc

    Ubuntu or debian: system->administration->synaptic
    click search, enter vlc, hit enter, select the package...

    Now, you were saying?

    > Now, I have to be wrong here

    Of course you are, why would anyone expect anything different from you?

  13. Re: Can you say, "Terminal"? OMG, I was told I don't have too.

    Gregory Shearman wrote:
    > What shell are you using? I can't find a "repeat" command in bash.

    Looks like csh or tcsh (or one of the derivatives)