Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality - Linux

This is a discussion on Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality - Linux ; Read it. Anybody that has a problem with linux, and writes about it, is a Troll or passing FUD. Do you see a pattern here?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 108

Thread: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

  1. Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    Read it. Anybody that has a problem with linux,
    and writes about it, is a Troll or passing FUD.

    Do you see a pattern here?

  2. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > Read it. Anybody that has a problem with linux, and writes
    > about it, is a Troll or passing FUD.
    >
    > Do you see a pattern here?


    No, I see a troll who keeps repeating a pattern of passing FUD.
    Here is the underlying reason, a Combs vs Microsoft lawsuit
    evidence exhibit now archived with Groklaw:

    'Use [...] the Internet, etc. to heighten the impression that the
    enemy is desperate, demoralized, defeated, [...] associated with
    mental deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter
    Bunny". Just keep rubbing it in, via the [...] newsgroups, [...]
    make the complete failure of the competition's technology part of
    the mythology of the computer industry.'

    (reference "Comes vs Microsoft" lawsuit, Microsoft Evangelism
    document, PDF pages 45 & 55 on
    http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf)

    --
    HPT

  3. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > Read it. Anybody that has a problem with linux,
    > and writes about it, is a Troll or passing FUD.
    >
    > Do you see a pattern here?


    You mean this guy who has a problem/complaint, asks for help in the
    distribution's forum, gets lots of perfectly appropriate answers, then
    starts lying that he didn't receive any help at all? And that this same guy
    lying some more about installing Linux being "extremely complex,
    convoluted, time consuming and often dicey" -- without going into details
    whatsoever on what exactly was so "convoluted and time consuming"? (Hint:
    most major distributions install very smoothly within 15-30 minutes by
    simply clicking Next a few times whilst keeping to the default options.)

    Yup, I see a pattern. At least one COLA-bred wintroll appears to have
    escaped and is now at large in the real world, demonstrating the principles
    of FUD, lies and ignorance in his non-technical blog.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  4. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 06:48:13 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > Read it. Anybody that has a problem with linux, and writes about it, is
    > a Troll or passing FUD.
    >
    > Do you see a pattern here?


    Yeah, the pattern is your an idiot.



    --
    Rick

  5. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality


    > You mean this guy who has a problem/complaint, asks for help
    > distribution's forum, gets lots of perfectly appropriate answers, then
    > starts lying that he didn't receive any help at all? And that this same guy
    > lying some more about installing Linux being "extremely complex,
    > convoluted, time consuming and often dicey" -- without going into details
    > whatsoever on what exactly was so "convoluted and time consuming"? (Hint:
    > most major distributions install very smoothly within 15-30 minutes by
    > simply clicking Next a few times whilst keeping to the default options.)
    >
    > Yup, I see a pattern. At least one COLA-bred wintroll appears to have
    > escaped and is now at large in the real world, demonstrating the principles
    > of FUD, lies and ignorance in his non-technical blog.
    >
    > Richard Rasker
    > --http://www.linetec.nl


    You think he is a GEEK? You think he is dying to know all the techies
    of linux distro's?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    15 years and < 1% Market share. Easy to figure out why....

  6. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 07:30:42 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    >> You mean this guy who has a problem/complaint, asks for help
    >> distribution's forum, gets lots of perfectly appropriate answers, then
    >> starts lying that he didn't receive any help at all? And that this same
    >> guy lying some more about installing Linux being "extremely complex,
    >> convoluted, time consuming and often dicey" -- without going into
    >> details whatsoever on what exactly was so "convoluted and time
    >> consuming"? (Hint: most major distributions install very smoothly
    >> within 15-30 minutes by simply clicking Next a few times whilst keeping
    >> to the default options.)
    >>
    >> Yup, I see a pattern. At least one COLA-bred wintroll appears to have
    >> escaped and is now at large in the real world, demonstrating the
    >> principles of FUD, lies and ignorance in his non-technical blog.
    >>
    >> Richard Rasker
    >> --http://www.linetec.nl

    >
    > You think he is a GEEK? You think he is dying to know all the techies
    > of linux distro's?
    > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    >
    > 15 years and < 1% Market share. Easy to figure out why....


    Yes, it is... but it seems much to hard for you.



    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    "Rick" stated in post
    0qKdncktqPhBMwDVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 7:51 AM:

    >> 15 years and < 1% Market share. Easy to figure out why....

    >
    > Yes, it is... but it seems much to hard for you.


    There is no one reason, but a significant one is what Linux offers.

    The fact that OS X is growing and Linux isn't, tells you that
    OS X is offering things that Linux is not.
    - Mark Shuttleworth (founded Canonical Ltd. / Ubuntu Linux)

    --
    .... something I'm committed to work on, focusing increasing amounts of
    resources of Canonical on figuring out on how we actually move the desktop
    experience forward to compete with Mac OS X.
    - Mark Shuttleworth (founded Canonical Ltd. / Ubuntu Linux)


  8. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 08:22:55 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 0qKdncktqPhBMwDVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 7:51 AM:
    >
    >>> 15 years and < 1% Market share. Easy to figure out why....

    >>
    >> Yes, it is... but it seems much to hard for you.

    >
    > There is no one reason, but a significant one is what Linux offers.
    >
    > The fact that OS X is growing and Linux isn't, tells you that OS X
    > is offering things that Linux is not. - Mark Shuttleworth (founded
    > Canonical Ltd. / Ubuntu Linux)


    Can't think for yourself, can you?

    And, BTW, Shuttleworth is apparently wrong, Linux system use is growing.
    Market share up to almost 3% in England, I believe. Web stat hits are up,
    too. And with little to no advertising or brand recognition.


    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 06:48:13 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > Read it. Anybody that has a problem with linux,
    > and writes about it, is a Troll or passing FUD.
    >
    > Do you see a pattern here?


    Groklaw started out as a useful place but now it is becoming quite the joke
    because of censoring and a general tone of paranoia.

    You do know Schestowitz maintains the site so that explains why anti-Linux
    comments disappear quite frequently.

    Schestowitz only believes in freedom when freedom matches his own criteria.

    IOW you are either with them 100 percent, or you are against them and thus
    the enemy.

    PJ really should clean that place up and get the paranoid, radical Linux
    types off the site because she is gradually losing credibility in the
    community.



    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 13:58:50 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 06:48:13 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >
    >> Read it. Anybody that has a problem with linux, and writes about it,
    >> is a Troll or passing FUD.
    >>
    >> Do you see a pattern here?

    >
    > Groklaw started out as a useful place but now it is becoming quite the
    > joke because of censoring and a general tone of paranoia.


    ... it has becmome quite the joke... in your mind.

    >
    > You do know Schestowitz maintains the site so that explains why
    > anti-Linux comments disappear quite frequently.


    Roy obsession... grow up, bitch.

    >
    > Schestowitz only believes in freedom when freedom matches his own
    > criteria.



    Roy obsession... grow up, bitch.
    >
    > IOW you are either with them 100 percent, or you are against them and
    > thus the enemy.


    Liar.

    >
    > PJ really should clean that place up and get the paranoid, radical Linux
    > types off the site because she is gradually losing credibility in the
    > community.


    ... loss of credibility ... in your mind.



    --
    Rick

  11. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 06:48:13 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >
    >> Read it. Anybody that has a problem with linux,
    >> and writes about it, is a Troll or passing FUD.
    >>
    >> Do you see a pattern here?

    >
    > Groklaw started out as a useful place but now it is becoming quite the joke
    > because of censoring and a general tone of paranoia.


    More phantasmagorical reputation-tarring from the master of toeing the
    libel line, "Moshe Goldfarb."



    > PJ really should clean that place up and get the paranoid, radical Linux
    > types off the site because she is gradually losing credibility in the
    > community.


    The funny thing is this... I get the distinct feeling that many of
    those goofy "radical" pro-Linux posts, the ones that make you go
    "Hmmmm", actually come from Microsoft munchkins or non-denominational
    distruptors.

    --
    Eh, that's it, I guess. No 300 million dollar unveiling event for this
    kernel, I'm afraid, but you're still supposed to think of this as the
    "happening of the century" (at least until the next kernel comes along).
    -- Linus, in the announcement for 1.3.27

  12. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    "Rick" stated in post
    0qKdncQtqPgJWgDVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 9:36 AM:

    > On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 08:22:55 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> 0qKdncktqPhBMwDVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 7:51 AM:
    >>
    >>>> 15 years and < 1% Market share. Easy to figure out why....
    >>>
    >>> Yes, it is... but it seems much to hard for you.

    >>
    >> There is no one reason, but a significant one is what Linux offers.
    >>
    >> The fact that OS X is growing and Linux isn't, tells you that OS X
    >> is offering things that Linux is not. - Mark Shuttleworth (founded
    >> Canonical Ltd. / Ubuntu Linux)

    >
    > Can't think for yourself, can you?


    I am not interested in your grade school insults.

    > And, BTW, Shuttleworth is apparently wrong, Linux system use is growing.
    > Market share up to almost 3% in England, I believe. Web stat hits are up,
    > too. And with little to no advertising or brand recognition.


    I would take his comments to mean that any growth Linux is experiencing is
    insignificant compared to the growth OS X is enjoying, though I can see if
    you want to be pedantic that you could argue otherwise.


    --
    When thinking changes your mind, that's philosophy.
    When God changes your mind, that's faith.
    When facts change your mind, that's science.


  13. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    "Rick" stated in post
    0qKdncItqPhxfgDVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 11:37 AM:

    > grow up, bitch.


    Advocacy - Rick style.


    --
    BU__SH__




  14. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    In article <1bf7lssjgkjh9.1vf884nj2zkum.dlg@40tude.net>,
    > Groklaw started out as a useful place but now it is becoming quite the joke
    > because of censoring and a general tone of paranoia.
    >
    > You do know Schestowitz maintains the site so that explains why anti-Linux
    > comments disappear quite frequently.


    Schestowitz maintains the site? What makes you think that?



    --
    --Tim Smith

  15. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    In article
    <2d9d332a-0383-48ee-9150-e7a119702b34@79g2000hsk.googlegroups.com>,
    "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    > Read it. Anybody that has a problem with linux,
    > and writes about it, is a Troll or passing FUD.


    They are sometimes quick to judgment. A few times now, I've seen
    stories there that misinterpreted some legal point. I've posted
    comments pointing this out, backed up with references. If it turns out
    that the correct legal interpretation goes against the position Groklaw
    was trying to take, my post will usually get a warning about trolls.

    The funny thing is, in every case, a couple of months later, Groklaw has
    changed their mind, and agreed with my legal interpretation.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  16. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 12:33:48 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 0qKdncQtqPgJWgDVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 9:36 AM:
    >
    >> On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 08:22:55 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> 0qKdncktqPhBMwDVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 7:51 AM:
    >>>
    >>>>> 15 years and < 1% Market share. Easy to figure out why....
    >>>>
    >>>> Yes, it is... but it seems much to hard for you.
    >>>
    >>> There is no one reason, but a significant one is what Linux offers.
    >>>
    >>> The fact that OS X is growing and Linux isn't, tells you that OS X
    >>> is offering things that Linux is not. - Mark Shuttleworth (founded
    >>> Canonical Ltd. / Ubuntu Linux)

    >>
    >> Can't think for yourself, can you?

    >
    > I am not interested in your grade school insults.


    Can't think for yourself, can you?

    >
    >> And, BTW, Shuttleworth is apparently wrong, Linux system use is
    >> growing. Market share up to almost 3% in England, I believe. Web stat
    >> hits are up, too. And with little to no advertising or brand
    >> recognition.

    >
    > I would take his comments to mean that any growth Linux is experiencing
    > is insignificant compared to the growth OS X is enjoying, though I can
    > see if you want to be pedantic that you could argue otherwise.


    The growth Linux is experiencing, compared to its size is not
    insignificant, and is probably larger than the growth of OS X in
    percentage. And AGAIN, Apple is one of the best recognized brands on the
    planet. And AGAIN, the iPod is helping sale sales of Macs, and the sale
    of Macs is helping the sales of iPods.

    --
    Rick

  17. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    "Rick" stated in post
    0qKdnf8tqPhihQPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 3:23 PM:

    ....
    >>> And, BTW, Shuttleworth is apparently wrong, Linux system use is
    >>> growing. Market share up to almost 3% in England, I believe. Web stat
    >>> hits are up, too. And with little to no advertising or brand
    >>> recognition.

    >>
    >> I would take his comments to mean that any growth Linux is experiencing
    >> is insignificant compared to the growth OS X is enjoying, though I can
    >> see if you want to be pedantic that you could argue otherwise.

    >
    > The growth Linux is experiencing, compared to its size is not
    > insignificant, and is probably larger than the growth of OS X in
    > percentage. And AGAIN, Apple is one of the best recognized brands on the
    > planet. And AGAIN, the iPod is helping sale sales of Macs, and the sale
    > of Macs is helping the sales of iPods.


    You say things over and over as if that adds weight to your argument. I
    suggest you look for *data* and use reasoning to support it instead. Just a
    suggestion.

    --
    Projects should really look to the whole Linux desktop and see how they can
    appeal to both sides.
    - Mark Shuttleworth (founded Canonical Ltd. / Ubuntu Linux)


  18. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 12:37:28 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 0qKdncItqPhxfgDVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 11:37 AM:
    >
    >> grow up, bitch.

    >
    > Advocacy - Rick style.


    It wasn't an attempt at Linux based advocacy, but, you knew that. You
    just can't miss any opportunity to diss me in a post.

    --
    Rick

  19. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    "Rick" stated in post
    0qKdnfktqPi9hwPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 3:28 PM:

    > On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 12:37:28 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> 0qKdncItqPhxfgDVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 11:37 AM:
    >>
    >>> grow up, bitch.

    >>
    >> Advocacy - Rick style.

    >
    > It wasn't an attempt at Linux based advocacy, but, you knew that. You
    > just can't miss any opportunity to diss me in a post.


    I am noting how you have recently been pointing out the charter as if you
    think it is wrong for folks to not follow it... but, as you just admitted,
    you clearly do not.

    If you do not want your poor behavior pointed out then stop using language
    like you do, above.


    --
    If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
    Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)






  20. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 13:58:50 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > Groklaw started out as a useful place but now it is becoming quite the
    > joke because of censoring and a general tone of paranoia.
    >
    > You do know Schestowitz maintains the site so that explains why
    > anti-Linux comments disappear quite frequently.


    You're claiming that Schestowitz maintains Groklaw? Else, which site are
    you referring to?


    -Thufir

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast