Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality - Linux

This is a discussion on Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality - Linux ; On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 14:46:13 -0700, Tim Smith wrote: > In article , >> Groklaw started out as a useful place but now it is becoming quite the joke >> because of censoring and a general tone of paranoia. ...

  1. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 14:46:13 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <1bf7lssjgkjh9.1vf884nj2zkum.dlg@40tude.net>,
    >> Groklaw started out as a useful place but now it is becoming quite the joke
    >> because of censoring and a general tone of paranoia.
    >>
    >> You do know Schestowitz maintains the site so that explains why anti-Linux
    >> comments disappear quite frequently.

    > Schestowitz maintains the site? What makes you think that?

    A little bird told me...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 23:59:09 GMT, thufir wrote:

    > On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 13:58:50 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Groklaw started out as a useful place but now it is becoming quite the
    >> joke because of censoring and a general tone of paranoia.
    >>
    >> You do know Schestowitz maintains the site so that explains why
    >> anti-Linux comments disappear quite frequently.

    > You're claiming that Schestowitz maintains Groklaw? Else, which site are
    > you referring to?
    >

    > -Thufir

    Yes...
    A little bird told me..

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 15:36:04 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 0qKdnfktqPi9hwPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 3:28 PM:
    >
    >> On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 12:37:28 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> 0qKdncItqPhxfgDVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 11:37 AM:

    >>> Advocacy - Rick style.

    >> It wasn't an attempt at Linux based advocacy, but, you knew that. You
    >> just can't miss any opportunity to diss me in a post.

    > I am noting how you have recently been pointing out the charter as if
    > you think it is wrong for folks to not follow it... but, as you just
    > admitted, you clearly do not.
    >
    > If you do not want your poor behavior pointed out then stop using
    > language like you do, above.

    How's this ...

    Eat me.

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    "Rick" stated in post
    0qKdnfQtqPhi-gPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 9:01 PM:

    > On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 15:36:04 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> 0qKdnfktqPi9hwPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 3:28 PM:

    >>> It wasn't an attempt at Linux based advocacy, but, you knew that. You
    >>> just can't miss any opportunity to diss me in a post.

    >> I am noting how you have recently been pointing out the charter as if
    >> you think it is wrong for folks to not follow it... but, as you just
    >> admitted, you clearly do not.
    >>
    >> If you do not want your poor behavior pointed out then stop using
    >> language like you do, above.

    > How's this ...
    >
    > Eat me.

    I accept it as your best effort.

    --
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
    conscientious stupidity. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

  5. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    "Rick" stated in post
    0qKdnfotqPi6-gPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 8:57 PM:

    > On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 15:28:24 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> 0qKdnf8tqPhihQPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 3:23 PM:

    >>> The growth Linux is experiencing, compared to its size is not
    >>> insignificant, and is probably larger than the growth of OS X in
    >>> percentage. And AGAIN, Apple is one of the best recognized brands on
    >>> the planet. And AGAIN, the iPod is helping sale sales of Macs, and the
    >>> sale of Macs is helping the sales of iPods.

    >> You say things over and over as if that adds weight to your argument. I
    >> suggest you look for *data* and use reasoning to support it instead.
    >> Just a suggestion.

    > The data is at:
    >

    > <http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...inux-preloads-
    > rocket-per-cent>

    Why do you accept grouping all OSs based on Linux for the sake of user base?

    Oh, and show where Shuttleworth is wrong about Linux not having any
    significant growth. It is still, by most accounts, at less than 1% user
    base after 15 years or so.

    --
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
    conscientious stupidity. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

  6. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 21:07:39 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 0qKdnfotqPi6-gPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 8:57 PM:
    >
    >> On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 15:28:24 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> 0qKdnf8tqPhihQPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 3:23 PM:

    >>> You say things over and over as if that adds weight to your argument.
    >>> I suggest you look for *data* and use reasoning to support it instead.
    >>> Just a suggestion.

    >> The data is at:
    >>

    >> <http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...inux-preloads-
    >> rocket-per-cent>

    > Why do you accept grouping all OSs based on Linux for the sake of user
    > base?

    That is the way it is measured in the real world.

    > Oh, and show where Shuttleworth is wrong about Linux not having any
    > significant growth. It is still, by most accounts, at less than 1% user
    > base after 15 years or so.

    September, 2007 0.49%
    July, 2008 0.82%

    You do the math.

    <http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...inux-preloads-
    rocket-per-cent>
    Feb 2007 .2%
    Jun2 2008 2.8%

    You do the math.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    "Rick" stated in post
    0qKdnfAtqPgk9gPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 9:16 PM:

    >> Why do you accept grouping all OSs based on Linux for the sake of user
    >> base?

    > That is the way it is measured in the real world.

    So why not group OS X with all Unix OSs?

    --
    "Uh... ask me after we ship the next version of Windows [laughs] then I'll
    be more open to give you a blunt answer." - Bill Gates

  8. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 21:25:26 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 0qKdnfAtqPgk9gPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 9:16 PM:
    >
    >>> Why do you accept grouping all OSs based on Linux for the sake of user
    >>> base?

    >> That is the way it is measured in the real world.

    > So why not group OS X with all Unix OSs?

    Don't ask me. Ask the people doing the measurements. Why break out OS X
    and the iPhone? The iPhone is supposed to be running a form of OS X. Ask
    the people doing the measurements.

    And I see you deleted the figures showing the growth of linux systems....

    Tch, tch ...

    September, 2007 0.49%
    July, 2008 0.82%

    You do the math.

    <http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...inux-preloads-
    rocket-per-cent>
    Feb 2007 .2%
    Jun2 2008 2.8%

    You do the math.

    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    "Rick" stated in post
    0qKdne0tqPgT8wPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 9:29 PM:

    > On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 21:25:26 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> 0qKdnfAtqPgk9gPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 9:16 PM:

    >>> That is the way it is measured in the real world.

    >> So why not group OS X with all Unix OSs?

    > Don't ask me.

    Too late. But I did not expect an answer.

    --
    Dear Aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all

  10. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 23:59:09 +0000, thufir wrote:

    > On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 13:58:50 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Groklaw started out as a useful place but now it is becoming quite the
    >> joke because of censoring and a general tone of paranoia.

    This is probably because they drop idiot trolls like Moshe flatfish
    Goldfarb, so the troll comes into COLA to have a tantrum.

    >> You do know Schestowitz maintains the site so that explains why
    >> anti-Linux comments disappear quite frequently.

    > You're claiming that Schestowitz maintains Groklaw? Else, which site are
    > you referring to?

    The troll's upset. Like we care?

    --
    Is a M$ "Certificate of Authenticity"
    for Vista, a junk bond?

  11. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 21:41:36 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 0qKdne0tqPgT8wPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 9:29 PM:
    >
    >> On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 21:25:26 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> 0qKdnfAtqPgk9gPVnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/9/08 9:16 PM:

    >>> So why not group OS X with all Unix OSs?

    >> Don't ask me.

    > Too late. But I did not expect an answer.

    I did answer , and you dishonestly snipped, as usual. My answer:

    Don't ask me. Ask the people doing the measurements. Why break out OS X
    and the iPhone? The iPhone is supposed to be running a form of OS X. Ask
    the people doing the measurements.

    And I see you deleted the figures showing the growth of linux systems....

    Tch, tch ...

    September, 2007 0.49%
    July, 2008 0.82%

    You do the math.

    <http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...inux-preloads-
    rocket-per-cent>
    Feb 2007 .2%
    Jun2 2008 2.8%

    You do the math.

    --
    Rick

  12. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    Snit wrote:

    > You say things over and over as if that adds weight to your argument. I
    > suggest you look for *data* and use reasoning to support it instead. Just a
    > suggestion.

    Why don't you look for data instead of taking something Mark Shuttleworth
    says as the Gospel, you bonehead?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....I shook my family tree and a bunch of nuts fell out.

    Good to the last supper

  13. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    Bull****, Michael "non-existent computer business" Glasser style.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ...."I'll be Bach." - Johann Sebastian Schwarzenegger

    Good to the last supper

  14. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    Snit wrote:

    > I accept it as your best effort.

    Michael, does your wife have to work weekends as well in order to support
    you?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ...."She's dead, Jim. Still warm, though. Flip ya for her?"

    Good to the last supper

  15. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 07:55:19 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> Advocacy - Rick style.

    > Bull****, Michael "non-existent computer business" Glasser style.

    I understood that The Prescott Snit/Michael Glasser Computer Guy was
    leaving cola? Shows you he was lying *again*.

    --
    Is a M$ "Certificate of Authenticity"
    for Vista, a junk bond?

  16. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    Tattoo Vampire writes:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> You say things over and over as if that adds weight to your argument. I
    >> suggest you look for *data* and use reasoning to support it instead. Just a
    >> suggestion.

    > Why don't you look for data instead of taking something Mark Shuttleworth
    > says as the Gospel, you bonehead?

    Since Shuttleworth is the driving force behind Ubuntu I think its fair
    to say that his word means a lot more than some fool like you.

  17. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    Tattoo Vampire writes:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> I accept it as your best effort.

    > Michael, does your wife have to work weekends as well in order to support
    > you?

    Heh. I am so glad that I had you marked as the vicious, vile arsehole
    that you are. Dragging people's private lives into a group like COLA is
    nothing short of disgusting. But then as your posting history suggests
    we had no right to expect anything more.

  18. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 07:53:07 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> You say things over and over as if that adds weight to your argument. I
    >> suggest you look for *data* and use reasoning to support it instead.
    >> Just a suggestion.

    > Why don't you look for data instead of taking something Mark Shuttleworth
    > says as the Gospel, you bonehead?

    Perhaps what you should be asking is, why doesn't Snit/Michael Glasser go
    & attend to his http://gallopinginsanity.com aka
    http://prescottcomputerguy.org "business" instead of trolling Usenet?

    --
    Is a M$ "Certificate of Authenticity"
    for Vista, a junk bond?

  19. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    Hadron wrote:

    > Heh. I am so glad that I had you marked as the vicious, vile arsehole
    > that you are. Dragging people's private lives into a group like COLA is
    > nothing short of disgusting. But then as your posting history suggests
    > we had no right to expect anything more.

    Like I give a hoot in hell what you think about me, troll.

    **** off and die.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Free the Bound Periodicals!

    Good to the last supper

  20. Re: Groklaw is changing into the COLA mentality

    William Poaster wrote:

    > I understood that The Prescott Snit/Michael Glasser Computer Guy was
    > leaving cola? Shows you he was lying *again*.

    He did leave, briefly. Then we had a new troll pop up for a few days. After
    he vanished, Snot reappeared. Coincidence?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Free the Bound Periodicals!