    HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    New users will never get through all of this.....

  2. Re: A New Linux User Guide: Corrupt ISO's and bad disk burns

    On 2008-08-07, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/inst...onissues.shtml
    >
    > Maybe this guy should learn how to make a cool web site.
    > It looks like a long list of text, that goes on and on.
    >
    > He says a lot of Corrupt ISO or Bad Disk burns
    > cause linux problems.
    >
    > HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    >
    > New users will never get through all of this.....

    You mean "new users" can't deal with the failures of Windows software?

    If they can't even get the install disk created then that's a Windows failure.

    IE + Nero

    --
    On the subject of kilobyte being "redefined" to mean 1000 bytes...

    When I was a wee lad, I was taught that SI units were |||
    meant to be computationally convenient rather than just / | \
    arbitrarily assigned.

  3. Re: A New Linux User Guide: Corrupt ISO's and bad disk burns

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 05:10:16 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/inst...onissues.shtml
    >
    > Maybe this guy should learn how to make a cool web site.
    > It looks like a long list of text, that goes on and on.
    >
    > He says a lot of Corrupt ISO or Bad Disk burns
    > cause linux problems.
    >
    > HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    >
    > New users will never get through all of this.....

    Most users don't even know what an ISO is....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: A New Linux User Guide: Corrupt ISO's and bad disk burns

    On Aug 7, 11:32*am, "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    > On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 05:10:16 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > >http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/inst...onissues.shtml

    > > Maybe this guy should learn how to make a cool web site.
    > > It looks like a long list of text, that goes on and on.

    > > He says a lot of Corrupt ISO or Bad Disk burns
    > > cause linux problems.

    > > HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    > > New users will never get through all of this.....

    > Most users don't even know what an ISO is....
    >
    > --
    > Moshe Goldfarb
    > Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    Ain't that the damn truth.

    I have met a lot of Windows geeks who ask what an ISO is.
    They have never needed one.

    And we are asking users to make perfect ISO's?
    Never happen.

    The would be better off on doing $4 disk shipments.
    And then tracking shipping computers.

    Maybe somebody can write a program to get all the stats on
    a computer, and see if it will work on linux. Instead of
    the try it and see. Like that is gonna happen.

  5. Re: A New Linux User Guide: Corrupt ISO's and bad disk burns

    On 2008-08-07, JEDIDIAH wrote:
    > On 2008-08-07, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >> http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/inst...onissues.shtml
    >>
    >> Maybe this guy should learn how to make a cool web site.
    >> It looks like a long list of text, that goes on and on.
    >>
    >> He says a lot of Corrupt ISO or Bad Disk burns
    >> cause linux problems.
    >>
    >> HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    >>
    >> New users will never get through all of this.....

    > You mean "new users" can't deal with the failures of Windows software?
    >
    > If they can't even get the install disk created then that's a Windows failure.
    >
    > IE + Nero

    Amen to that!

    --
    In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what
    you deserve -- it's what you take.

  6. Re: A New Linux User Guide: Corrupt ISO's and bad disk burns

    On 2008-08-07, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > On Aug 7, 11:32*am, "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    >> On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 05:10:16 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >> >http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/inst...onissues.shtml

    >> > Maybe this guy should learn how to make a cool web site.
    >> > It looks like a long list of text, that goes on and on.

    >> > He says a lot of Corrupt ISO or Bad Disk burns
    >> > cause linux problems.

    >> > HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    >> > New users will never get through all of this.....

    >> Most users don't even know what an ISO is....
    >>
    >> --
    >> Moshe Goldfarb
    >> Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    >> Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    > Ain't that the damn truth.
    >
    > I have met a lot of Windows geeks who ask what an ISO is.
    > They have never needed one.

    Why should they need to?

    Their shangrila OS should do all the heavy lifting for them.

    [deletia]

    A disk image could be any number of things. Linux is just the
    tip of the iceberg. At the very least, Windows should be
    assuming that the image is a DVD and offer to play it as such.

    --

    The average IT manager is a less effective mentor than a
    Spongebob Squarepants cartoon.

  7. Re: A New Linux User Guide: Corrupt ISO's and bad disk burns

    Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/inst...onissues.shtml
    >
    > Maybe this guy should learn how to make a cool web site.
    > It looks like a long list of text, that goes on and on.
    >
    > He says a lot of Corrupt ISO or Bad Disk burns
    > cause linux problems.
    >
    > HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    >
    > New users will never get through all of this.....

    Questions:-

    Question 1.
    If a would-be Windows user had to download Windows (legit - from MS), in
    what format would it be? i.e. to install on a new, bare computer?

    Question 2:
    If the answer to that is that he never needs to, because Windows is always
    sold either pre-installed or as a CD, how does that differ from Linux being
    available pre-installed or as a CD?

    Question 3
    What is the meaning of the statement, "Please compare apples to apples, and
    not apples to oranges"?

+ Reply to Thread