Tracking Every Move - Linux

This is a discussion on Tracking Every Move - Linux ; I have come to the conclusion, that linux guys, sit, outside of the Microsoft HQ's, and watch every move they make. They report back, so that, what ever move Microsoft makes, is to do linux in. Maybe, just maybe, linux ...

  1. Tracking Every Move

    I have come to the conclusion,
    that linux guys, sit, outside
    of the Microsoft HQ's, and watch
    every move they make.

    They report back, so that, what ever
    move Microsoft makes, is to do
    linux in.

    Maybe, just maybe, linux guys,
    should work on making a better
    product, with a better user interface,
    and have customers WANT to go to linux,
    instead of ramming linux down peoples
    throats.

    What if Apple gave away it's OS?
    Oh, the servers would crash from
    the load.

    Wait, then we would have 100 apple forks,
    and 100 new GUI's, and apple would, die.

    Well, I tried.

  2. Re: Tracking Every Move

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 17:12:20 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > I have come to the conclusion,
    > that linux guys, sit, outside
    > of the Microsoft HQ's, and watch
    > every move they make.

    They wouldn't last long.

    The poison gas detectors that most of these campuses have would pick up the
    stench of the Linux advocates and send the alarm.
    Eveyone knows that bathing and Linux advocacy don't seem to be a valid
    combination.

    Look at these guys for example:

    http://www.abiword.org/~abi/expo99/expo_02_010_full.jpg

    "Show me the source?"

    Someone should be showing him the SOAP, the cleaning kind....

    Snip----

    > What if Apple gave away it's OS?
    > Oh, the servers would crash from
    > the load.

    Yep.
    Same if Sandisk gave away their ipods....
    No more Apple iPod...

    Yet, Linux is free and nobody seems interested.

    > Wait, then we would have 100 apple forks,
    > and 100 new GUI's, and apple would, die.
    >
    > Well, I tried.

    Apple would be smart enough not to let the source code loose.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Tracking Every Move

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 17:12:20 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > I have come to the conclusion,

    .... that you're an idiot.

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Tracking Every Move

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 17:12:20 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > I have come to the conclusion,
    > that linux guys, sit, outside
    > of the Microsoft HQ's, and watch
    > every move they make.
    >
    > They report back, so that, what ever
    > move Microsoft makes, is to do
    > linux in.
    >
    > Maybe, just maybe, linux guys,
    > should work on making a better
    > product, with a better user interface, and have customers WANT to go to
    > linux, instead of ramming linux down peoples throats.
    >
    > What if Apple gave away it's OS?
    > Oh, the servers would crash from
    > the load.
    >
    > Wait, then we would have 100 apple forks, and 100 new GUI's, and apple
    > would, die.
    >
    > Well, I tried.

    why don't you just **** off and stop being an asshole?

  5. Re: Tracking Every Move

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:YNCdnUXUhs6yywfVnZ2dnUVZ_uadnZ2d@supernews.co m
    > On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 17:12:20 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >
    >> I have come to the conclusion,

    > ... that you're an idiot.

    Such nastiness is not needed.

  6. Re: Tracking Every Move

    On Aug 6, 9:56*pm, bob wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 17:12:20 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > > I have come to the conclusion,
    > > that linux guys, sit, outside
    > > of the Microsoft HQ's, and watch
    > > every move they make.

    > > They report back, so that, what ever
    > > move Microsoft makes, is to do
    > > linux in.

    > > Maybe, just maybe, linux guys,
    > > should work on *making a better
    > > product, with a better user interface, and have customers WANT to go to
    > > linux, instead of ramming linux down peoples throats.

    > > What if Apple gave away it's OS?
    > > Oh, the servers would crash from
    > > the load.

    > > Wait, then we would have 100 apple forks, and 100 new GUI's, and apple
    > > would, die.

    > > Well, I tried.

    > why don't you just **** off and stop being an asshole?

    Well, I remember a time, in 2005, when the cola nuts
    lied to me, and I tried linux and you could not even
    transer an open office document from windows to
    linspire, properly. It came over as a zipped file, onto linspire.

    I learned the truth about COLA lies to get linux anywhere.
    I learned the distro dance
    I learned the Linux just works song and dance
    I learned linux is just a kernal
    I learned a lot in those days.
    Now I am back, and I now your tricks.
    I just want to be sure you are not so nasty to the next guy.

    I think you might try to cut the beard, get a bath,
    and lose some weight. What do you think?

    Linux is very easy to trash. Just tell the truth.
    That is why I love it so.

  7. Re: Tracking Every Move

    * Rekruled peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:YNCdnUXUhs6yywfVnZ2dnUVZ_uadnZ2d@supernews.co m
    >> On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 17:12:20 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have come to the conclusion,

    >> ... that you're an idiot.

    > Such nastiness is not needed.

    I agree.

    (Though I succumb anyway).

    --
    If Machiavelli were a programmer, he'd have worked for AT&T.

  8. Re: Tracking Every Move

    "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    > I have come to the conclusion,
    > that linux guys, sit, outside
    > of the Microsoft HQ's, and watch
    > every move they make.
    >
    > They report back, so that, what ever
    > move Microsoft makes, is to do
    > linux in.

    Oh right, so, when microsoft came up with their lame arsed vista user
    protection "login everytime you want to do something" scheme....
    Did we copy it? Or... did they copy the idea of sudo off us, but implement
    it incredibly badly?

    We had a 3D desktop before vista was working (in the form of compiz) and now
    ours is far more flexible and powerful than anything microsoft's ever come
    up with.

    We had proper file permissions and home directories that WORKED long before
    microsoft (does it work yet btw)?

    We have a mainly ASCII configuration regime meaning if something goes fubar
    it's easy to restore, as opposed to a microsoft style registry where if
    something goes fubar it's easier to reinstall from scratch.

    We can run multiple GUI sessions on the same machine allowing 3 different
    users access to their own desktops, we can also transparently access our GUI
    resources across a network without having to rely on slow bitmap transfer,
    because X transmits the graphical commands themselves and lets the client
    machine draw them.

    Can microsoft do that or is it still glued to VNC? (which may have its uses,
    but is far less efficient)

    What about multiple desktops (without compiz)? Oh, I know microsoft can do
    it, but they can't do it well. OR without some third party app or
    "powerTOY".

    Yep, we copied aaaaaalll that stuff off microsoft didn't we?

  9. Re: Tracking Every Move

    "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    > Well, I remember a time, in 2005, when the cola nuts
    > lied to me, and I tried linux and you could not even
    > transer an open office document from windows to
    > linspire, properly. It came over as a zipped file, onto linspire.

    IIIIIIIIIIIIII remember that old chestnut...

    That was a classic FUDDY piece of trollery, that was.
    Utter stupidity from the one and only tab.
    "Tried to transfer an Ooo document to windows and it came over as a zipped
    file..."

    CLASSIC!

    We told you back then that part of the OOo2 file FORMAT was to ZIP it.
    That's really difficult that is, isn't it. Shows just how open that binary
    format is. It's simply zipped xml. Woooo... Difficult to handle. Might blow
    up in your face, that. Volatile stuff, zipped XML.

    > I learned the truth about COLA lies to get linux anywhere.

    Bull****. You came in here (as opposed to a help group where you might've
    been given a little more rope with which to hang yourself before people
    started to see you for what you are) whining and winging about how you'd
    installed linux and blah blah BLAH BLAH BLAH!

    We'd heard it a thousand times before from your other wintroll friends here.

  10. Re: Tracking Every Move

    bob wrote:

    >why don't you just **** off and stop being an asshole?

    Because too many people in here reward his behaviot as is.

+ Reply to Thread