[News] [Rival] Death of Microsoft Windows and a Vista Marketing Trick - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Death of Microsoft Windows and a Vista Marketing Trick - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Microsoft to Users: We're Giving Up on Windows Oh dear, how sad, never mind. This rather puts the kibosh on the familiar OS loved and understood by millions, since now millions are going to have to ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Death of Microsoft Windows and a Vista Marketing Trick

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Microsoft to Users: We're Giving Up on Windows

    Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

    This rather puts the kibosh on the familiar OS loved and understood by
    millions, since now millions are going to have to wrap their little heads
    round something completely unfamiliar.

    Which, we are constantly being told, they are unable and unwilling to do
    when it comes to a non-MS OS.

    So, what's the incentive for them to do this when it's MS that asks them to
    do so?

    Customer loyalty? LOL.

  2. [News] [Rival] Death of Microsoft Windows and a Vista Marketing Trick

    Microsoft to Users: We're Giving Up on Windows

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It's true: Microsoft has confirmed that it's abandoning Windows as we know
    | it. Cagey as ever, the Microsofties won't say when it'll happen, but they
    | have talked a little bit about what the next OS is going to look like--or not
    | look like.
    |
    | Microsoft code-named the project Midori. As best I can figure, it's cloud
    | computing: Everything, including applications and data, is on the Internet.
    `----

    http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/007383.html

    Mojave just part of Microsoft's much-needed makeover marketing campaign

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | What about you? Are you done with Microsoft, or just frustrated? Can you see
    | your users moving to Mac or Ubuntu?
    `----

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterpri...ave_vista.html

    Recent:

    Ballmer: Vista Is 'a Work in Progress'

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As PC users clamor for Microsoft to continue to support Windows XP, company
    | CEO Steve Ballmer called the Vista OS "a work in progress" at an annual
    | Seattle event on Thursday. *
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente..._progress.html

    Windows 7: R.I.P.

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Death throes. That’s how I’d describe the latest barrage of white papers from
    | Microsoft. The company’s flagship, Windows Vista, is thrashing around in the
    | shallows like a wounded animal, fighting in vain to escape the inevitable.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Now we learn that there’s no point in waiting for Windows 7 because,
    | according to Microsoft, “it’ll be just like Vista.”
    |
    | Talk about eating your young! Microsoft is now publicly trashing their next
    | version in order to salvage their current dud. Never mind that they’re
    | killing the very positive mystique surrounding Windows 7. Company executives
    | are hell bent on proving that the Vista “Refuseniks” were wrong, and they’re
    | not above using force to achieve their goal.
    |
    | That’s right, hidden within their latest propaganda piece is the not so
    | veiled threat that customers who bypass Vista risk widening the very
    | compatibility chasm that dissuaded them in the first place. That’s because
    | Microsoft has no intention of making it any easier for customers to upgrade
    | to Windows 7 from XP than it is for them to upgrade from XP to Vista today.
    `----

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterpri...ows_7_rip.html

    CIOs Uncensored: For The Sake Of IT, Leave XP Alone

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I just finished a presentation to a group of nontechnical executives, and I'm
    | even more angry about Microsoft's plan to end shipments of Windows XP this
    | summer. I'd been making my list of reasons Microsoft shouldn't get rid of XP.
    | Now I've got one more biggie--it's going to set back the hard-earned progress
    | CIOs have been making in getting IT viewed as a strategic part of their
    | organizations.
    `----

    http://tinyurl.com/57t2st

    Related:

    Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | We asked a simple question: what Microsoft product could have used a little
    | more polish before release? The answer astounded us. We would just like to
    | thank Bill Gates for his honesty and his openness.
    `----

    http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-...-windows-sucks

+ Reply to Thread