Firefox headed to the 20% mark - Linux

This is a discussion on Firefox headed to the 20% mark - Linux ; Unlike Linux, Firefox grows quite steadily: http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0 However the rate will diminish as FF3 is rolled out: they stopped pre-fetching pages in version 3, the new web stats will be more faithful of actual usage, unlike the currently over-inflated FF2 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

  1. Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    Unlike Linux, Firefox grows quite steadily:

    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0

    However the rate will diminish as FF3 is rolled out: they stopped
    pre-fetching pages in version 3, the new web stats will be more
    faithful of actual usage, unlike the currently over-inflated FF2
    stats:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Firefox+inflated

    Meanwhile, Internet Explorer still holds a commanding 73%...

  2. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 03:32:29 +0200, OK wrote:

    > Unlike Linux, Firefox grows quite steadily:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0
    >
    > However the rate will diminish as FF3 is rolled out: they stopped
    > pre-fetching pages in version 3, the new web stats will be more
    > faithful of actual usage, unlike the currently over-inflated FF2
    > stats:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Firefox+inflated
    >
    > Meanwhile, Internet Explorer still holds a commanding 73%...

    So much for Rick's "herd mentality" theory.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Aug 5, 9:32*pm, OK wrote:
    > Unlike Linux, Firefox grows quite steadily:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0
    >
    > However the rate will diminish as FF3 is rolled out: they stopped
    > pre-fetching pages in version 3, the new web stats will be more
    > faithful of actual usage, unlike the currently over-inflated FF2
    > stats:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Firefox+inflated
    >
    > Meanwhile, Internet Explorer still holds a commanding 73%...

    Hey, look, the play station is beating Konqueror.:

    Playstation 0.04%
    Blazer 0.02%
    Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer 0.02%
    Konqueror 0.02%

  4. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    OK wrote:

    > Meanwhile, Internet Explorer still holds a commanding 73%...

    So did Netscape, at one time. It'll take Firefox a little longer because it
    doesn't have the benefit of being pre-loaded on a near monopoly OS, but
    Internet Explorer has definitely jumped the shark.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  5. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 21:36:36 -0500, RonB wrote:

    > OK wrote:
    >
    >> Meanwhile, Internet Explorer still holds a commanding 73%...

    > So did Netscape, at one time. It'll take Firefox a little longer because it
    > doesn't have the benefit of being pre-loaded on a near monopoly OS, but
    > Internet Explorer has definitely jumped the shark.

    Firefox, along with Opera, are superior to IE7 IMHO.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    RonB wrote:

    > has definitely jumped the shark.

    Check out this MS search front end:

    www.msdewey.com

  7. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:22:27 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 03:32:29 +0200, OK wrote:
    >
    >> Unlike Linux, Firefox grows quite steadily:
    >>
    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0
    >>
    >> However the rate will diminish as FF3 is rolled out: they stopped
    >> pre-fetching pages in version 3, the new web stats will be more
    >> faithful of actual usage, unlike the currently over-inflated FF2 stats:
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Firefox+inflated
    >>
    >> Meanwhile, Internet Explorer still holds a commanding 73%...

    > So much for Rick's "herd mentality" theory.

    It's not my theory. You really should read more.

    --
    Rick

  8. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 19:23:34 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > On Aug 5, 9:32*pm, OK wrote:
    >> Unlike Linux, Firefox grows quite steadily:
    >>
    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0
    >>
    >> However the rate will diminish as FF3 is rolled out: they stopped
    >> pre-fetching pages in version 3, the new web stats will be more
    >> faithful of actual usage, unlike the currently over-inflated FF2 stats:
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Firefox+inflated
    >>
    >> Meanwhile, Internet Explorer still holds a commanding 73%...

    > Hey, look, the play station is beating Konqueror.:

    So what?

    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    Rick wrote:

    > So what?

    When the Geek gets drooling he can't stop.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  10. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    * Matt peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > RonB wrote:
    >
    >> has definitely jumped the shark.

    > Check out this MS search front end:
    >
    > www.msdewey.com

    I wonder why some sites claim I don't have Flash installed, or that I
    have to upgrade? 64-bit issue?

    Also, I got to Adobe to check out the download, and Adobe doesn't even
    have the wherewithal to post the version number. And you can select the
    tar file, but there's no control to start the download. (One did appear
    in 32-bit iceweasel, after I renavigated to the link.

    What's up with these web idiots?

    --
    Boren's Laws:
    (1) When in charge, ponder.

  11. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On 2008-08-06, Rick wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:22:27 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 03:32:29 +0200, OK wrote:
    >>
    >>> Unlike Linux, Firefox grows quite steadily:
    >>>
    >>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0
    >>>
    >>> However the rate will diminish as FF3 is rolled out: they stopped
    >>> pre-fetching pages in version 3, the new web stats will be more
    >>> faithful of actual usage, unlike the currently over-inflated FF2 stats:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Firefox+inflated
    >>>
    >>> Meanwhile, Internet Explorer still holds a commanding 73%...

    >> So much for Rick's "herd mentality" theory.

    > It's not my theory. You really should read more.

    The herd mentality can cause problems in the cola wars but it's
    much less of a problem since colas are genuine commodities. This
    is why Google is no real monopoly. Microsoft tried to make the
    web a monopoly with vendorlock but didn't quite succeed. They're
    still trying (with silverlight).

    The web was intentionally designed to avoid the sorts of shenanigans
    that crop up with things like the Win32 API or the msword DOC format.

    --
    ....as if the ability to run Cubase ever made or broke a platform.
    / | \

  12. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    Rick wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:22:27 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 03:32:29 +0200, OK wrote:
    >>
    >>> Unlike Linux, Firefox grows quite steadily:
    >>>
    >>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0
    >>>
    >>> However the rate will diminish as FF3 is rolled out: they stopped
    >>> pre-fetching pages in version 3, the new web stats will be more
    >>> faithful of actual usage, unlike the currently over-inflated FF2 stats:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Firefox+inflated
    >>>
    >>> Meanwhile, Internet Explorer still holds a commanding 73%...

    >> So much for Rick's "herd mentality" theory.

    > It's not my theory. You really should read more.

    Wintrolls don't read, they "scan" looking for anything they can use. As
    soon as they see something they think they can use they jump on it and
    flog the **** out of it, even if what was really said wasn't what they
    thought it was (this happens about 100% of the time - they're just too
    dumb to realise).

  13. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    Linonut writes:

    > * Matt peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> RonB wrote:
    >>
    >>> has definitely jumped the shark.

    >> Check out this MS search front end:
    >>
    >> www.msdewey.com

    > I wonder why some sites claim I don't have Flash installed, or that I
    > have to upgrade? 64-bit issue?

    Thats strange. When I reported here issues with Flash on 64 bit you and
    Peter called me a liar.

    And you wonder why I mock you.

    > Also, I got to Adobe to check out the download, and Adobe doesn't even
    > have the wherewithal to post the version number. And you can select the
    > tar file, but there's no control to start the download. (One did appear
    > in 32-bit iceweasel, after I renavigated to the link.
    >
    > What's up with these web idiots?

    Whats up with you doing an about turn and now admitting it does not
    "just work"?

  14. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 18:39:53 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Linonut writes:
    >
    >> * Matt peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Check out this MS search front end:
    >>>
    >>> www.msdewey.com

    >> I wonder why some sites claim I don't have Flash installed, or that I
    >> have to upgrade? 64-bit issue?

    > Thats strange. When I reported here issues with Flash on 64 bit you and
    > Peter called me a liar.
    >
    > And you wonder why I mock you.
    >

    >> Also, I got to Adobe to check out the download, and Adobe doesn't even
    >> have the wherewithal to post the version number. And you can select the
    >> tar file, but there's no control to start the download. (One did appear
    >> in 32-bit iceweasel, after I renavigated to the link.
    >>
    >> What's up with these web idiots?

    > Whats up with you doing an about turn and now admitting it does not
    > "just work"?

    Looks like Linonut won't be receiving his check this week.
    He has violated the number one rule of the Linux LIERS.

    Never, ever, ever admit that Linux has a problem.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut writes:
    >
    >>> www.msdewey.com

    >> I wonder why some sites claim I don't have Flash installed, or that I
    >> have to upgrade? 64-bit issue?

    > Thats strange. When I reported here issues with Flash on 64 bit you and
    > Peter called me a liar.

    Show me the message ID. Given your obvious biases, you may simply be
    remembering my quotes in a way that favors your preconception.

    > And you wonder why I mock you.

    Oh, I know why you do it. Because you want a reaction from me, for your
    own perverse reasons.

    Get this straight. I can view flash just fine on the 64-bit box.

    However, /some/ sites nonetheless don't detect it properly, and /the
    site/ bugs out, not even given the user the option of trying anyway.

    Other sites work just fine, perhaps because they don't try to detect it.

    I don't know.

    >> What's up with these web idiots?

    > Whats up with you doing an about turn and now admitting it does not
    > "just work"?

    Because on many sites, it /does/ work.

    --
    The Worst Jury
    A murder trial at Manitoba in February 1978 was well advanced, when
    one juror revealed that he was completely deaf and did not have the
    remotest clue what was happening.
    The judge, Mr. Justice Solomon, asked him if he had heard any
    evidence at all and, when there was no reply, dismissed him.
    The excitement which this caused was only equalled when a second
    juror revealed that he spoke not a word of English. A fluent French
    speaker, he exhibited great surprised when told, after two days, that he
    was hearing a murder trial.
    The trial was abandoned when a third juror said that he suffered
    from both conditions, being simultaneously unversed in the English language
    and nearly as deaf as the first juror.
    The judge ordered a retrial.
    -- Stephen Pile, "The Book of Heroic Failures"

  16. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    > Quack puked:
    >>
    >> And you wonder why I mock you.

    No we don't, asshole. You are a low-life, disgusting POS, who feels a
    need to attack his moral and intellectual superiors, and you certainly
    are not above using dishonest interpretations of what is written to
    achieve your goal.

  17. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    chrisv wrote:

    >> Quack puked:
    >>>
    >>> And you wonder why I mock you.

    > No we don't, asshole. You are a low-life, disgusting POS, who feels a
    > need to attack his moral and intellectual superiors, and you certainly
    > are not above using dishonest interpretations of what is written to
    > achieve your goal.

    We don't wonder why he mocks Linux users. He's a WinTroll crank without a
    life. What else would he do? What else CAN he do?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  18. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    RonB writes:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >>> Quack puked:

    >> No we don't, asshole. You are a low-life, disgusting POS, who feels a
    >> need to attack his moral and intellectual superiors, and you certainly
    >> are not above using dishonest interpretations of what is written to
    >> achieve your goal.

    > We don't wonder why he mocks Linux users. He's a WinTroll crank without a
    > life. What else would he do? What else CAN he do?

    I us Debian for all my work. All of it. I only use Windows for games. So
    how does that make we a Wintroll?

    Please post a link to one post where I shill Windows.

    Or are you, like the other bozos, mistaking honest appraisal of some of
    the crappier Linux applications and difficulties as "anti linux"?

    If so you are bigger fool than (LOL) High Plains Hypocrite ...

    --
    "Its obvious Micoshaft sponsored frauds and net stalkers are now attacking individuals directly in organised gangs in linux advocacy newsgroups as predicted since it is known micoshaft is failing in the market place."
    7, COLA Linux "advocate" and nutjob.

  19. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 23:01:20 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > I us Debian for all my work. All of it. I only use Windows for games. So
    > how does that make we a Wintroll?
    >
    > Please post a link to one post where I shill Windows.
    >
    > Or are you, like the other bozos, mistaking honest appraisal of some of
    > the crappier Linux applications and difficulties as "anti linux"?
    >
    > If so you are bigger fool than (LOL) High Plains Hypocrite ...

    They keep telling me the same thing.
    I've openly expressed my dis-satisfaction with Vista many times.
    I use Linux for some things, WindowsXP for others and MacOS for still
    others.

    I'd love the Linux loons in COLA to point out where I shill Windows.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    Hadron wrote:

    > I us Debian for all my work. All of it.

    Horse ****, Quirk. Everyone knows you don't have an effing CLUE about Linux
    except what you read, and copy, from elsewhere.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Speed doesn't kill. Stopping very fast kills.

    Good to the last supper

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast