Firefox headed to the 20% mark - Linux

This is a discussion on Firefox headed to the 20% mark - Linux ; On Aug 5, 9:32*pm, OK wrote: > Unlike Linux, Firefox grows quite steadily: > > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0 > > However the rate will diminish as FF3 is rolled out: they stopped > pre-fetching pages in version 3, the new web stats ...

  1. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Aug 5, 9:32*pm, OK wrote:
    > Unlike Linux, Firefox grows quite steadily:
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0
    >
    > However the rate will diminish as FF3 is rolled out: they stopped
    > pre-fetching pages in version 3, the new web stats will be more
    > faithful of actual usage, unlike the currently over-inflated FF2
    > stats:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Firefox+inflated
    >
    > Meanwhile, Internet Explorer still holds a commanding 73%...

    Firefox is great, and it runs on Windows. Freeware is actually Linux's
    worst enemy: if it runs on Windows like the best freeware out there,
    who needs Linux?

    Best regards

  2. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > I'd love the Linux loons in COLA to point out where I shill Windows.

    They can't, so they'll just do the cola idiot shuffle:

    and a lie and a post and a run and a hide

  3. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    Hadron wrote:

    > I us Debian for all my work. All of it. I only use Windows for games.
    > So how does that make we a Wintroll?
    >
    > Please post a link to one post where I shill Windows.

    In fact, the other day you posted some incorrect things about Linux being
    better than Windows. I'll be getting back to you on those...

  4. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 21:01:13 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> I'd love the Linux loons in COLA to point out where I shill Windows.

    > They can't, so they'll just do the cola idiot shuffle:
    >
    > and a lie and a post and a run and a hide

    That's exactly what they do....

    And look at Schestowitz.
    how much of his bullcrap is true Linux advocacy vs how much is Microsoft
    paranoid hate.

    Look at Ramon's obvious lies about the credit card scam.

    Do you see a single Linux *advocate* correcting him?

    Of course not.

    They are SCUM and they will use any opportunity to LIE for LIEnix...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Aug 5, 11:27*pm, Rick wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 19:23:34 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > > On Aug 5, 9:32*pm, OK wrote:
    > >> Unlike Linux, Firefox grows quite steadily:

    > >>http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0

    > >> However the rate will diminish as FF3 is rolled out: they stopped
    > >> pre-fetching pages in version 3, the new web stats will be more
    > >> faithful of actual usage, unlike the currently over-inflated FF2 stats:

    > >>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Firefox+inflated

    > >> Meanwhile, Internet Explorer still holds a commanding 73%...

    > > Hey, look, the play station is beating Konqueror.:

    > So what?
    >

    > > Playstation * * * * 0.04%
    > > Blazer * * *0.02%
    > > Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer * * * * *0.02%
    > > Konqueror * 0.02%

    > --
    > Rick

    Playstation is ABOVE Konqueror,
    and just 1/2 percent below linux.

    What does that say.....

    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

  6. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    shmell_dakaka@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Firefox is great, and it runs on Windows. Freeware is actually Linux's
    > worst enemy: if it runs on Windows like the best freeware out there,
    > who needs Linux?

    People who don't want to use Windows, you mouth-breathing, slack-jawed
    idiot.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Those who live by the sword... kill those who don't.

    Good to the last supper

  7. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    "DFS" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> I us Debian for all my work. All of it. I only use Windows for games.
    >> So how does that make we a Wintroll?
    >>
    >> Please post a link to one post where I shill Windows.

    > In fact, the other day you posted some incorrect things about Linux being
    > better than Windows. I'll be getting back to you on those...

    :-)

    --
    "The fact that they have been selling alpha HW which cant even make a
    phone call? That sounds like successful to me if the aim was to get some

  8. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 17:04:37 -0700, shmell_dakaka wrote:

    >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Firefox+inflated
    >>
    >> Meanwhile, Internet Explorer still holds a commanding 73%...

    > Firefox is great, and it runs on Windows. Freeware is actually Linux's
    > worst enemy: if it runs on Windows like the best freeware out there, who
    > needs Linux?

    I think you have that backwards. As FF succumbs to feature bloat, or
    adds features (depending upon your perspective), the underlying OS
    becomes increasingly immaterial. A good thing.

    -Thufir

  9. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    shmell_dakaka@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Firefox is great, and it runs on Windows. Freeware is actually Linux's
    > worst enemy: if it runs on Windows like the best freeware out there,
    > who needs Linux?

    Those of us who in interested in using our computers instead of constantly
    tending them. I'm not that big on malware and viruses -- if you like them
    you'll love Windows.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  10. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    "RonB" wrote in message
    > shmell_dakaka@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> Firefox is great, and it runs on Windows. Freeware is actually
    >> Linux's worst enemy: if it runs on Windows like the best freeware
    >> out there, who needs Linux?

    > Those of us who in interested in using our computers instead of
    > constantly tending them. I'm not that big on malware and viruses --
    > if you like them you'll love Windows.

    I do not like viruses and use Windows. Never had a single problem from a
    virus. Why would I?

  11. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    Rekruled wrote:

    > I do not like viruses and use Windows. *Never had a single problem from a
    > virus. Why would I?

    I'll bet you don't use an anti-virus or update it nearly every day either.

    That's the "tending" part. The part of using Windows that I didn't like.
    Remember?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  12. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    "RonB" wrote in message
    > Rekruled wrote:
    >
    >> I do not like viruses and use Windows. Never had a single problem
    >> from a virus. Why would I?

    > I'll bet you don't use an anti-virus or update it nearly every day
    > either.

    I will take that bet with you. How about $100.

    > That's the "tending" part. The part of using Windows that I didn't
    > like. Remember?

    It is automated. Happens when I sleep. I put more time into tending to my
    car.

  13. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    Rekruled wrote:

    > It is automated. *Happens when I sleep. *I put more time into tending to
    > my car.

    I don't have to worry about it at all because I don't use Windows.

    But, if you like Windows so much, why do you waste your time here?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  14. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    "RonB" wrote in message
    > Rekruled wrote:
    >
    >> It is automated. Happens when I sleep. I put more time into tending
    >> to my car.

    > I don't have to worry about it at all because I don't use Windows.

    Then we each share a worry free life in this area. This brings me pleasure.

    > But, if you like Windows so much, why do you waste your time here?

    I am interested in learning about Linux and those who support Linux. This
    room was suggested to me to see how Linux Advocates act towards common
    sense. The rumors I heard were right; even with questions that are easy to
    answer the discussion becomes not just a debate but a free for all for
    toddlers. I asked a simple question. Why would you want your OK and CANCEL
    buttons to swap positions but not your gas and brake. So far not only have
    few if any have been willing to take a stand and say such design is clearly
    bad but I have been called names, accused of being a forger, told that
    simply logic is not logical, and otherwise treated to the biggest group of
    class clowns I have ever seen.

    If this is what I can expect of Linux users I am not interested though the
    personality of those who use the reportedly haphazardly designed OS
    entrigues me.

  15. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    Rekruled wrote:

    > I asked a simple question. *Why would you want your OK and CANCEL
    > buttons to swap positions but not your gas and brake. *So far not only
    > have few if any have been willing to take a stand and say such design is
    > clearly bad but I have been called names, accused of being a forger, told
    > that simply logic is not logical, and otherwise treated to the biggest
    > group of class clowns I have ever seen.

    You haven't provided any examples of where the "OK and Cancel" buttons swap
    positions in Linux. It's, as the Marisa Tomei character said to the lawyer
    in "My Cousin Vinny," a bull**** question.

    It's put up or shut up time.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  16. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    "RonB" wrote in message
    > Rekruled wrote:
    >
    >> I asked a simple question. Why would you want your OK and CANCEL
    >> buttons to swap positions but not your gas and brake. So far not only
    >> have few if any have been willing to take a stand and say such
    >> design is clearly bad but I have been called names, accused of being
    >> a forger, told that simply logic is not logical, and otherwise
    >> treated to the biggest group of class clowns I have ever seen.

    > You haven't provided any examples of where the "OK and Cancel"
    > buttons swap positions in Linux. It's, as the Marisa Tomei character
    > said to the lawyer in "My Cousin Vinny," a bull**** question.
    >
    > It's put up or shut up time.

    I trusted the person who first claimed the buttons were different. Was he
    lying?

  17. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    Rekruled wrote:

    > I trusted the person who first claimed the buttons were different. *Was he
    > lying?

    I have no idea. But don't you think a little research on the subject might
    have been wise if you're going to monotone the same mantra all day?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  18. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    RonB wrote:

    > Rekruled wrote:
    >
    >> I trusted the person who first claimed the buttons were different. *Was
    >> he lying?

    > I have no idea. But don't you think a little research on the subject might
    > have been wise if you're going to monotone the same mantra all day?

    Let me guess. Was it Snit who made the original claim? You should know, he's
    an incurable crank who's one desire in life is that Linux should look and
    feel *exactly* like OS X.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  19. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 21:17:35 -0400, Tattoo Vampire
    wrote:

    >shmell_dakaka@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> Firefox is great, and it runs on Windows. Freeware is actually Linux's
    >> worst enemy: if it runs on Windows like the best freeware out there,
    >> who needs Linux?

    >People who don't want to use Windows, you mouth-breathing, slack-jawed
    >idiot.

    Okay.

    Now please define "people".

  20. Re: Firefox headed to the 20% mark

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:48:01 -0700, Rekruled wrote:

    > This
    > room was suggested to me to see how Linux Advocates act towards common
    > sense.

    No Linux user I know would ever recommend COLA for anything but trolling.

    -Thufir